A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 305,732
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fiber of the Month Swap (April)  (Read 4674 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

maiziemama
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008 09:38:50 AM »

Those batts look good enough to eat!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tristitia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008 03:38:26 PM »

I got three really awsome batts yesterday from Frankierevolover:

I already spun the purple one (will post pics when they're all done) and it was great fun - at first it was hard until I got the hang of keeping all the lumps and chunks together, but the resulting yarn is so cool.  I plan to spin them all and make some very unique catch-all type thingies for my desk at work.

I've got two questions, Frankie:  Where did you find all the bright, chunky wool?  and how did you card it so that it all held together but didn't seem to get all pressed into the teeth of the carder and blended together?  However you did it, I love them!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
frankierevolver
Miss M. Sassypants

Mo'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008 04:27:23 PM »

Yay I'm glad you like it!
The colored chunky wool was all just some cut wool top from my stash I had that I dyed myself - (about a month ago I dyed 10 pounds of cut wool top in a weekend! I'm actually totally out of it now!)
and to card it together where it was held but still chunky I carded it using the "sandwich" method I read about in "INTERTWINED" - Just throw down some longer fibers for the first layer of bread, tons of chunky stuff in the middle for the filling, and then the long fiber on top again for the other slice of bread . Then slowly feed it through!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raynbow
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008 03:04:21 PM »

I received! I got a huge fluffy box full of wool/merino/silk/soysilk/milkweed rolags.  They are totally gorgeous, and I don't know why i'm not downstairs spinning right now!

In other news, ptarmic wumpus makes possibly the smoothest rolags I've ever seen. They are literally like mini batts, you can unroll them into single, perfect sheets of fiber.  It's amazing!

My mom's supposed to be bringing over her mini photo studio set up tomorrow so I think I'll wait til later this week so I can try it out and see if I can take some really awesome pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dragonflyducky
easily distracted

ooooooooh!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008 07:52:08 PM »

I received from pmpknpunk today!

So beautifully wrapped:

The batt is called "Angel Kisses" and contains merino, firestar, bamboo and gold glitz. She also sent me some awesome iridescent thread and beads and crystals to ply with it. It's going to make some really luxurious yarn Cheesy I can't wait to play with it!
I tried to get a good picture of the batt-but it's so hard to see the silkiness and sparkles in a photo so you'll just have to take my word for it!

Thanks so much Jenna-I feel so spoiled! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pmpknpunk
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008 05:16:34 AM »

Yay I'm so happy you like it! I took a chance with the all white but it sounds like it worked! I have had this batt and project in mind for some time now and I've very excited to see what you do with it! Enjoy!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008 09:48:38 PM »

Check out these great fibers that raynbow sent me!

There are all sorts of different wool locks, rainbow dyed silk fibers, and a big bag of orange shetland!  Thanks raynbow, these are going to be lots of fun to felt with  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 20  blog!
frankierevolver
Miss M. Sassypants

Mo'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008 02:40:07 PM »

Alrighty! I received from tristitia a little bit ago but just got around to taking pictures -
Also - I WIN! This was SUCH an awesome package full of great stuff!  Cheesy
Thank you so so much! I loved it all!!

Preppy batt! wools, glitz, merino nubs - this one is so fun ! I cannot wait to do something with this one!! Plus now I want to add little nubs to all of my batts when carding hahahah!

Absinthe batt! wool, glitz and sari silk - so nice and fluffy! I love your batts, they are so so airy!  Oh and + add ins : novelty yarn, beads, fabric strips! (not pictured here, but trust me - all awesome stuff!)

This one is called Seafoam - and it is GORGEOUS! Really shiny and soft! Its got glitz, wools, bamboo, shredded silk, novelty yarn bits  + the add ins she added are SO CUTE - beads and little dolphins! pink crochet plying thread and novelty yarn!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LUBEE
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008 02:50:44 PM »

WOW! everyone is getting such great fiber!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

silverstah
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008 06:04:13 PM »

*SQUEE*

I received the BEST package from dragonflyducky today! Smiley I hope she doesn't mind that I gakked the photos from her blog - I am smack-dab in the middle of final exams (anyone want to come take my torts exam for me on Saturday? *grin*), so taking pictures isn't in the cards.  But these batts are just SO amazing!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/silverstah/Fiber%20Arts/battOceansparkle.jpg
This is "Mermaid Magic" - Wool, bamboo, and firestar nylon.  The picture does NOT do this justice - it's deep and watery and sparkly, and oh-so-pretty!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/silverstah/Fiber%20Arts/battOlivia.jpg
This is "Olivia" - red merino, white bamboo, white/black wool, and red sparkly nylon.  She named it after the children's book "Olivia" by Ian Falconer.  I LOVE that book, and this batt fits her to a T.  Loud and brash and utterly endearing.  

She also included a little baggie of angora from her pet rabbit Chewbacca!  *glee*  I'll be setting that aside to blend in with some wool when we have our local fiber-playing-day.  A friend has a drum carder, so I can't wait to start playing with THAT. Smiley

thank you SO much, dragonflyducky - these are incredible! Smiley
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014 04:01:49 PM by meleriffic - Reason: changed non-working images to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://feelingsheepish.etsy.com - Hand painted and dyed rovings for spinning
http://www.silverstah.com - Historical and Fantasy Clothing
http://silverstah.blogspot.com - Law school, sewing, married life, and general gabbing about life
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Correct Way to Baste Your Turkey on Thanksgiving
How to Make Turkey Gravy
How to Deep-Fry a Thanksgiving Turkey Without Burning Down Your House
How to Make Perfect Creamy Mashed Potatoes
How To Make Gumbo Slinger, A Perfect Fall Comfort Dish
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...