A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,722
Currently Running With Scissors:
767 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tissue Poms & Paper Bag Flowers  (Read 4989 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GirlOutlaw
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007 04:01:36 PM »

these are AbFab!! they look so pretty!!! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TeriLynn
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007 12:48:10 PM »

I was wondering how come yours looked so much better than my trial pom did- I thought Martha told you to use 20 sheets of paper, and I couldn't seem to get them to look round. They were very oval, and the boy suggested skipping the whole thing because of it. Now I'll show him!
One more question- did you just use really sharp scissors? My tissue cuts are a little ragged, and it makes them look pretty cheap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*MAR*
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007 02:41:57 PM »

I was wondering how come yours looked so much better than my trial pom did- I thought Martha told you to use 20 sheets of paper, and I couldn't seem to get them to look round. They were very oval, and the boy suggested skipping the whole thing because of it. Now I'll show him!
One more question- did you just use really sharp scissors? My tissue cuts are a little ragged, and it makes them look pretty cheap!

I think M.S. suggests using 8 sheets per pom. (If I remember correctly) But, the dimensions of her tissue paper is 20x30 or something, so maybe that is where the confusion came from. I can see where you would get an oval effect with that many sheets.

My "secret" for getting good rounded or pointed ends for each pom was, cut your rounds or points in sections. If you try to get through all the layers at once, you just end up chewing the tissue (hence the raggedy, i had that problem too in the beginning, if you have them around, just cut the "ruined" edges into strips and you can get a cute shaggy pom out of it.). But, if you divide the accordianed strips into 1/3rds and cut in sections, you should have a nicer finish to the ends.

Good luck. Don't give up. You can do it!
The first one I made was kind of sad, but they can all fluffed within an inch of their life or used as filler, so don't throw the fuglies away!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
four eyed girl
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007 11:30:48 AM »

I LOVE YOU!  I seriously about peed my pants when I saw that you had posted a tut.  I saw your gorgeous wedding pictures in another post and the first thing I thought was, "I HAVE to know how to make those".  This is exactly what I was thinking of hanging from the ceiling of our reception site!  Thank you so much for the tut!  I'm sending you a big ol' smooch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.snarkosaurus.et sy.com

Metrobus 2B, I want to fight you.
*MAR*
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007 04:39:47 PM »

I LOVE YOU!  I seriously about peed my pants when I saw that you had posted a tut.  I saw your gorgeous wedding pictures in another post and the first thing I thought was, "I HAVE to know how to make those".  This is exactly what I was thinking of hanging from the ceiling of our reception site!  Thank you so much for the tut!  I'm sending you a big ol' smooch!

YEAH! I am so glad I could help. I can't wait to see pics of your decorating job! What colours are you using? I'm such a pallette whore. I had to have a different colour scheme for each wedding reception. It was worth it to get to play with all the different colours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*MAR*
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008 01:39:47 PM »

Wow! I love the greens and browns! Delicious!
Everything looks wonderful. Great placement. The garlands of paper flowers are wonderful! I wish I had done that across the fences at my wedding, I love how it looks. What a great idea!!

Can I tell you a "secret"? I still have two of mine and they hang in my kitchen.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lefty8881
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008 08:13:39 PM »

ohh, i'm using these at my outdoor wedding!  we're going to hang them in the trees and then i think we're also going to do shepherd hooks down the aisle with poufs hanging on them!

i'm not good with picture posting, so here's a link to my bio page with them:
http://lefty8881.googlepages.com/receptiondecorations
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*MAR*
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008 09:51:27 PM »

Lovely poufs!
I wish I had a decent picture of the driveway up to our second reception. It was at my husband's aunt's home and we used shepherd's hooks all the way up the driveway with the little LED paper lanterns in alternating blue & green, it looked so nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Should Plus-Sized Women Embrace The Bikini?
Full-Figured Fashion Week: Plus-Sized Women Call For Body Image Movement
Miley Cyrus, One Direction, Justin Bieber Rock Onsies Trend
Style Sound-Off: Taylor Swift, Rihanna and Demi Lovato
5 Summer to Fall Fashion Trends
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...