A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 59
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilt Swap II: Summer GALLERY  (Read 35003 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #290 on: May 28, 2008 05:43:35 PM »

and here i felt guilty for not doing anything for almost a month! i'm cutting the last three tonight and will hopefully get them sewn tommorrow and sent friday, then onto my other swaps
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #291 on: May 28, 2008 09:13:19 PM »

so i guesse i lied. i finished cutting (almost) and decided i had enough time to sew one of them . . . well i did three! i just need to finish missdisney's second block and that will be it for this swap

tsuki tsubasa's block

and christian trekki's block - she asked if possible to in corperate two very small peices of the fabrics she sent in the last round so that is why two of the peices don't match the rest of their colour scheme

and lastly missdisney's block - she has one more block coming but i tuckered out tonight

THIS ROCKS   Logged

- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

Resident book worm..... X3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #292 on: May 28, 2008 10:26:29 PM »

Ooooooh wow~!! The blocks for me and mom are goooorgeous~! *_____* Mom's gonna totally freak when she sees hers. She -loves- that pattern! Thank you for making such a lovely block for me. Grin I love it. <3's~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #293 on: May 29, 2008 12:39:54 AM »

i bet you can sew that maple leave in your sleep now! lol

i love christian trekkis

the next round of this, i am going more scrappy i think (im of course just presuming there will be a next round, i have no idea)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
audrey1999

I think I have become addicted to quilting.

« Reply #294 on: May 29, 2008 05:22:37 AM »

That looks great 1boy1girl1kitty2!  I can't believe you are almost finished.  I still have nine to go... Shocked Just wait until next week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Attention swap partners! My blog and flickr have spoilers! 
http://audreypawdrey.blogspot.com
1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #295 on: May 29, 2008 07:42:29 AM »

i am in another quilt square swap so in order to start those squares i felt i should have the first quilt square swap's squares done.

the first maple leaf was difficult and i actually thought 'crap why did i take on something so complicated' but because i wanted to stay with one square for everyone so i continued doing it. well last night i didn't even have to look at my notes. i knew off by heart how many pieces to cut of what size, AND even how many to cut if i didn't have enough of one colour i knew how many to cut of the substitute! i was so tired by the time i quite sewing last night, so not quite in my sleep but getting there.

i think athenamat was talking about a fall installation of this swap (i hope so!) if i am in that swap as well i think i will eliminate the scrappy squares and go for something simple. i loved working with the blocks that had only three or four fabrics! very simple and pretty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2008 08:13:04 AM »

and my last square for this swap . . .
missdisney's 2nd

i'm sad now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen Sews

Formerly known as lukenlarry

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #297 on: May 30, 2008 08:51:55 AM »

I know what you mean 1boy1girl1kitty2!   I  was sad too when I finished the last round.  I think I will be really sad this time, because since my baby is due in August I am trying not to sign up for any more swaps.  I don't want to short change anyone.   Sometimes I feel like I need to hurry up and finish and other days I want to take my time so i won't run out of pretty fabrics to play with!

All your blocks are so pretty.  you did such a good job on all of them!    Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #298 on: May 30, 2008 06:02:17 PM »

at least you ended on a beautiful note (obviously it was impossible not to lol)

i have some blocks finished but i havent had the hankering to sew the last few days...though i did wake up wanting to, so thats good lol (im very organic when it comes to making things, if i force it, iam always frustrated with the result)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
audrey1999

I think I have become addicted to quilting.

« Reply #299 on: May 30, 2008 08:56:34 PM »

I finished a 2nd block for Lukenlarry tonight!  I have been inspired by all the wonky blocks I've seen lately and I went and saw a Gee's Bend exhibit about a month ago.  When I brought it out to show my husband, he said "Oh, like Gee's bend."   Smiley  I like it, but it is so different than traditional blocks which is my comfort zone....  Anyway, here it is!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Attention swap partners! My blog and flickr have spoilers! 
http://audreypawdrey.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 59 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...