A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 301,994
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tattoo Swap Gallery  (Read 16013 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2008 08:31:50 AM »

Awesome stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angeleyes410
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2008 09:30:05 AM »

I recieved from spooky kitty yesterday. :-)
"Rough in ready" (?) shrinky dink paper..I'l have to look up online how to use this as I never have! Excited!
Some cupcake ribbon (dd's nickname is Cupcake)
some white fur...I'm not sure what this is...I'm embarassed to say!
A watercolor pad for tattoo ideas
A cupcake patch, a teeny hair bow, a tatoo-y heart charm, some rose temp. tatooos, some Japanese teeny stationary
A sucker its mango covered in chili powder, my husband and I keep daring each other to eat it...we shall see who does first!
A jewlery plate Kitty etched for me, soo pretty, can you believe it was her first time!! It looks soo good!
a patch she made of my favorite tattoo, this is AMAZING and I LOVE It...just have to find the perfect place for it now, seriously this thing rocks my socks!!
An adorable Amigurumi doll that my dd is obsessed with, she rocks it and burps it and puts it "nigh nigh"
Thank you spooky kitty, I love everything.  :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angeleyes410
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2008 09:31:58 AM »

eeek, that sucker is NOT a jewlery plate!
There we go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2008 09:43:42 AM »

The suckers are goooood. I'm hispanic so I may be biased.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
angeleyes410
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2008 03:53:24 PM »

mishy- we're yankees, we have a mental block about fruit and spice together...lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dotsamantha
getting better at being happy

"All I hear is Easter Bunny, Easter Bunny"

« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2008 06:19:26 AM »

Ooh, those mango lollipops rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."

http://www.ravelry.com/people/dotsamantha
angeleyes410
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2008 02:21:46 PM »

You all are tempting me to try it before Dh!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovely_gangster
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

the Novemberist

« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2008 01:41:57 AM »

wow this gallery is amazing. i totally wanted to do this swap, but i'd feel like such a phoney. i don't have tattoos, i just like the artwork Sad

xladyluckx, i especially like those plates you made. would you mind telling me where learned how to do it? if not, all cool Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog (cooking, crafting and personal style)
---> http://the--novemberist.blogspot.com.au/ <---

Follow me on instagram: http://instagram.com/frauspatzi
My pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/thenovemberist/
merricat17
Strange Grounds

Strange Grounds Coffee, 1417 S Broadway, Denver CO

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2008 04:41:02 PM »

So, I sent pretty late because I had a whole bunch of poop hit the fan all at once, and it knocked my crafting to the back burner.  However, I worked really, really hard on the stuff I sent to MelancholyMiss.  Unfortunately, she seems to be MIA and hasn't posted any pictures, heck her profile says she hasn't been on Craftster in a month and a half.  Well, my husband asks about once a week if i've heard if she liked my package or not.  I'm having a pretty lousy day today, so I decided to post the pictures of what I sent out.  Cause I was pretty proud of it.
here ya go. 
First up, I made her a skirt, because she said on her survey she wanted a skirt.  I freehanded a Koi fish on there, and i put neat buckles on one side. 

For the second portion, i taught myself to tattoo.  I bought this rig about 4 years ago, but then I got Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, so I never used it.  It took me about 3 hours to assemble and adjust the machine and get the power just right.  Thanks, Huck Spaulding, you rock!  So I freehand tattooed this little picture onto a practice skin, and then sewed it down and made it into a mixed media piece.  My partner's nickname is Bex.  I tried to make it look like it was fresh and bleeding. 

here it is framed, its a shadowbox now.  My sister said it was creepy, which was the intent!

For the third and most labour intensive portion, I made a polymer clay figurine.

She is supposed to look like a demure Japanese doll, and her kimono and obi i sewed by hand out of vintage kimono scraps (i get them from kyotokimono.com)

Her face took me about 6 hours, as I hadn't sculpted anything in about 6 years, and this was my first time working with sculpey on this scale. (i made a few baubles, but it wasn't exactly sculpting.  I used to work in porcelain and stoneware.)  I stole her hair from another doll and was the hardest part and the part i am least satisfied with. 
When you undress her, you see what the relevance to the topic was here.

she's pretty well articulated for being the first articulated doll i have made, ever, and handpainted with a tonne of classic Irezumi motifs.  The painting took 3 days, since I had to take breaks about every 15 minutes and my 3-year old wasn't allowed near it.
Along with a book of simple flash and a belt i bought, this was packed in a neat wood and leather chest which i forgot to photograph.  It was one of the ones that you can get at Michael's that looks like an old pirate chest.

and finally, the reason my husband keeps on bringing it up, can be viewed by clicking here.  look for the little arrow.

shipping this swap to new zealand cost my crafting budget for 3 months.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strange Grounds Coffee
1417 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80210
rectangel
a right angle gone wrong

'once a square always a square'

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2008 04:56:56 PM »

amazing package!  I love the skirt and the doll is something I could never even imagine...I must admit I agree with your sister on the art piece but wow you did an amazing job with it all! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Going to Viva this year April 1-4!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear White and Keep It Clean
Clinton Kelly Shows You How to Rock Hot Summer Trends
Top Fashion Trends from Bonnaroo Music Festival 2013
How to Pull Off a Shorts Suit
Style Crush: Jessica Alba
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...