A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,753
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 43 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Podmione  (Read 1722 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

moonfall
« on: April 14, 2008 02:44:09 PM »

So, i decided to be a nerd with my leftover hatmione yarn and I decided to knit an ipod case.

Its basically a modified version of the mitten pattern. It was really easy to make, and its perfect for my ipod. Although, i must say, It is odd matching my ipod case to my hat..
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011 05:27:49 PM by lapoli - Reason: edited to reveal images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jodinan
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008 09:17:46 PM »

thats real cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whenfishfly
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008 10:30:35 PM »

That's so cute! What a good idea. I'm going to have to make one for myself too.

You made me laugh with the comment of your hat matching your ipod. Just think if you were wearing the hat and mittens and holding the ipod. Now that would be exciting Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

there are two things that I don't believe in: coincidence and leprechauns
moonfall
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008 07:15:30 AM »

That's so cute! What a good idea. I'm going to have to make one for myself too.

You made me laugh with the comment of your hat matching your ipod. Just think if you were wearing the hat and mittens and holding the ipod. Now that would be exciting Smiley

Hah. Well, I have the yarn for the mittens. Maybe I should make those too. I should probably finish my other projects first though. Lol.

I can look like a total nerd then. Everyone at college would think i'm insane.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenfishfly
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008 09:15:28 AM »

Hah. Well, I have the yarn for the mittens. Maybe I should make those too. I should probably finish my other projects first though. Lol.

I can look like a total nerd then. Everyone at college would think i'm insane.

If I saw you in matching hat, mittens and ipod I'd think you were way cool. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moonfall
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008 12:02:54 PM »

If I saw you in matching hat, mittens and ipod I'd think you were way cool. Smiley

I have yet to attempt mittens actually. I just started on my first sweater ever.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/CIMG7647.jpg

just started that on friday.

Mittens are next on my list though. That, and actually blocking the hatmione. ^.^ I wear it, i just haven't had the time to block it. The woes of college.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/wicked0witch/2007-09-11-69496.jpg

THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenfishfly
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008 12:52:51 PM »

The hat looks really cute on you. Red suits you. I never block anything I knit. Works fine for me Smiley

That's a nice amount of sweater you've got going after only a few days of knitting. It looks good. What pattern is it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moonfall
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008 01:53:42 PM »

Its the Central Park Hoodie.

If you have ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/central-park-hoodie

if not: http://shop.interweave.com/store/Central-Park-Hoodie-P204C0.aspx?AFID=12

My dad was SO nice and actually bought the yarn for me. I'm so excited to work on it, even though I'm nervous. I don't want to mess it up. its easier than I thought so far, but i HATE seaming, so I'm nervous about getting to that part. But I still have some time before I have to do that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenfishfly
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008 10:40:27 PM »

Oh, neat. I've been wanting to make that one too.

Don't worry about seaming. It's only a tiny part of the knitting. I made my first (and only) sweater last summer and I was really worried about attaching the sleeves, but it wasn't nearly as bad or hard as I thought it would be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moonfall
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008 06:09:03 AM »

Lol. the first time i tried seaming was on a knitted stuffed animal. It looks ok, but not the greatest. But its still a long way off, and i'll take my time with it when I get there.

How long have you been knitting?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenfishfly
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008 08:27:10 AM »

I think it's almost 3 years now. Yeah, I think so, cause I learnt in the summer visiting my grandma, and then the next summer I had her buy me yarn for a sweater as my birthday gift (lol) so this will be the third summer.

I also first tried knitting on a toy. I knit that penguin from Knitty (ravelry link) and I spent hours figuring out how to seam it properly. It came out ok in the end.... and my brother didn't care it wasn't perfect. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moonfall
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008 10:14:35 AM »

awww. thats adorable. I haven't tried the penguin, but I did make Plushie (norberta) the dragon. That was my first stuffie attempt.

Technically i've been knitting 5-6 years, but I taught myself when I was 13, then I didn't knit again for like 3 years. I started knitting again in high school. I was mainly doing scarves (Harry Potter scarves) but then i learned to cable and do all that other stuff, and then I've moved to other things. (I still do HP scarves.. I'm addicted.).

and I just looked at your ravelry page and omg! fellow browncoat! (I hope... i don't think alliance wear jayne hats lol)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008 10:16:27 AM by moonfall » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenfishfly
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008 02:33:20 PM »

Your dragon is really cute. I love the face.

Wow, you weren't kidding about being addicted to HP scarves. You've almost got all the houses. That's so cool. I really like the Ravenclaw in book colors you are working on now. If I ever took up wearing scarf, I'd make myself a HP scarf. Probably Ravenclaw Smiley

Hehe, you're making a Jayne hat too? Yay! That's the only reason I learnt how to knit. I just had to have a Jayne hat. After that I was addicted. I went online and found so many fun things, I couldn't stop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moonfall
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008 02:45:30 PM »

technically its done, except the pompom. I just don't have any new photos of it. And I'm not very good at pompoms. I need to make another Jayne hat though, because this one is a little too small, even though i made the pattern bigger. (Who knows)

The dragon looks confused. lol. but thank you. I love your penguin. Its adorable (I'm a major penguin person.)

And yeah. I haven't made a huff yet, so thats next on my list I think. They are just easy to make, and are good for mindless knitting. And, because of them, I've perfected the knit stitch so much I can do it in the dark while i'm falling asleep. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenfishfly
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008 12:56:07 AM »

Too bad it came out too small. At least a Jayne hat is easy enough that making it again isn't much trouble. After I made my first one I think I made another 3, one for my brother and 1 for two of my friends.

You should try the penguin. It was pretty easy and I think the pattern is just one of those patterns where it always comes out cute looking.

Knit st in the dark while falling asleep - now that's a skill Smiley How long would you say a HP scarf takes you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moonfall
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008 03:44:40 PM »

lol. Yeah, I still have the yarn so i'll make another one. Maybe this time i'll hold two strands together to make it superthick.

When i was in high school, i could do about 40 rows in a hp scarf a day (knitting only in class). Thats about one set of trapped bars a day. So I did 6 trapped bars in 6 days. But then i always get distracted with other stuff. If i sat down and made sure i at least worked on it a little each day, i could probably do it in less than two weeks. College makes it more difficult, even though now I'm aiming to knit a little each night to get my sweater and scarves done quickly. So hopefully I can do it in like two weeks or so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Skincare Tips and Tricks
A Quick Half Up Hairstyle!
Nicole Kidman Reveals Her Beauty Secrets
How to Soothe Sensitive Skin on a Budget
5 Women Take Off Their Makeup for the Whole World to See
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...