A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,791
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stitch n Bitch - Tampa Bay  (Read 1678 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bkknits29
« on: January 28, 2005 11:35:54 AM »

A group of knitters in the St. Pete/Clearwater area are starting a stitch n bitch group for our area. We have been talking on meetup.com (st. pete/clearwater knitting meetup group) and would love to open it up to invite knitters from the whole area. There are several options right now for where we will be meeting, but it looks like Saturdays once a month is what we are going to start off with. The place in the lead of our poll right now is the Panera Bread on Ulmerton Road. That is more centered for those in both N and S Pinellas as well as close to Tampa. If you are interested let me know! I would love to meet more knitters in the area and share some new experiences!

Beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005 11:05:02 AM »

Beth, I might be interested in joining you guys if only to see if someone could teach me how to knit!  Grin I promised myself this year I'd learn knitting or crochet...have got embroidery and needlepoint down pat already. Please keep me informed...is that Panera in the open-air shopping center in Largo?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bkknits29
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005 12:28:49 PM »

We are going to be meeting at the Panera in Feathersound. It is closer to Tampa. We would love to have you join us and would love to help you learn to knit! It's so awesome and relaxing! And you get to make the grooviest stuff! If you want to go ahead and get started, check out Stitch 'n Bitch by Deb Stoller. There are great patterns and everything is really easy to understand. She explains everything very well. You can find it at half.com, overstock.com and amazon for less than $10 or if you want to look at it first, you can find it at Barnes & Noble and most bookstores. Or, if you are like me and want to try it out first without spending too much moolah on a book, you can find it at a lot of the local libraries. Gotta love free stuff!

Hope to see you there next Saturday! Bring a friend with you! There will be others there who are just learning to knit as well!

Beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lucy van pelt

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005 04:51:26 PM »

Sounds great! But what time are we meeting? Should I bring my own knitting stuff - I don't have any yet...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bkknits29
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005 06:48:23 AM »

Sorry for not getting back until now, I have fam in town. We are meeting at 10 am at the Panera on Ulmerton, the address is 2285 Ulmerton Road Clearwater. As far as bringing things, see if you can find a learn to knit book you like, Stitch n Bitch is good and you can find it at most bookstores and libraries. If you can't find one that is fine, we will do our best to teach you. I can't promise we will be the best teachers, but we will try real hard. I have another friend who doesn't know how to knit who is probably going to go also, so you definitely won't be alone. If you have access to needles and yarn bring some of that as well. If not, go to Walmart, Joanns, or Michaels and they have lots of stuff there. Walmart actually has a learn to knit kit for about $12 or so and has 2 sizes of needles and lots of other stuff as well. Or you can just get some yarn you like and we will supply the needles for you, I have extras and I'm sure other people do too. Sorry for the novela! I look forward to seeing you on Saturday. What is your name btw? I don't want to be asking for lucy van pelt (unless that is your real name!)

Beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lucy van pelt

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005 01:06:37 PM »

I'm happy to report that I was at a church tag sale and found needles and yarn for 50cents! So, I'll be bringing that...BTW it's really "Kristi", not lucy...I'm a big Peanuts fan and very cynical, so my pals just call me Lucy!  Wink

See you at Panera!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005 01:10:13 PM by lucy van pelt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bkknits29
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005 12:40:55 PM »

I have just been checking out your blog and I must say, you sound like a woman after my own heart. I love going to thrift stores. I found a vintage $750 dress - still with tags on -  at one on 19 in Palm Harbor a few months ago (can't think of the name right now) and only paid $6 for it! I wore it to a Make a Wish event I was working and everyone was commenting on how Jackie-O it was. Anyway, see you tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Professor Fransworth
How to Draw Poof
The Photoshop Secret Behind Long Exposure Photography
How to Draw Po
How to Draw Piccolo
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...