Awe! How adorable. I really like that patchy has 13 patches "moons" on his back. Did you do that on purpose, or did you just happen to work out that way? I love him, you did a great job.
thanks! it just worked out that way! I don't plan things much!
She is adorable! I love the idea of customizing her with the fabric because you can make her so personalized! All my friends are having (had) babies lately but I'm so afraid to crochet something in case the eyes come off and I cause them to choke... I'm so glad my daughter is finally three and pass the warnings! If you ever decide to do a tutorial I'd love it, it's so hard to find large stuffed animals to crochet! Again, too cute!
Thanks, i had a hard time picking the different fabrics to put on her! As far a tutorial, i'll try my best here:
1. for the top and bottom shell i just work in the round increasing every round ( started w/ 8 so increases 8 every round). But I slowly started adding less stitches per round until i wasn't adding any. i did about 4 or 5 rnds evenly then tied off. the same for the bottom shell except only did 1 rnd working evenly. then i sc the top and bottom together, stuffing near the end.
2. the legs i started with 6, then nxt rnd 12, then nxt rnd 18, then i switched colors and did a couple rnds of 18, then dec. 1 stitch every rnd, dec. in the same spot each rnd to get the bend. i stopped when the stitch count was at 8 or so, then stuffed.
3. for the tail i started 8 ch and dec as i went (1 st per rnd) until it formed a point then tied off and stuffed.
4. the head is a bit more complicated. i started with 6 sc, then nxt rnd did 12, then nxt rnd 18 and i think i did one more rnd to 24. then i worked evenly until i got the size of head i wanted and for the dec i dec ever st for 1/2 the rnd and no dec for the other 1/2 of the rnd. i did that for a few (3 maybe) rnds then worked evenly to create the neck ..... i can't remeber how i madethe bend in the neck though ... sorry! then i stuffed it. oh and i attatched the safety eyes BEFORE i started the neck.
5. then i attached all the bits and did a row of sc around the seam of the shell, going over the tail and head to for the shell edge. then cut hexagons and sewed them on by hand.
well i think that's it! it's not a great tutorial, but since i didn't write anything down, it's about the best i can do! Hope it helps!