A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,249
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Patchy the Turtle - Little Tutorial Added (on page 2)  (Read 18006 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MaddLily

My Punk Princess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008 07:12:00 PM »

She is adorable! I love the idea of customizing her with the fabric because you can make her so personalized! All my friends are having (had) babies lately but I'm so afraid to crochet something in case the eyes come off and I cause them to choke... I'm so glad my daughter is finally three and pass the warnings! If you ever decide to do a tutorial I'd love it, it's so hard to find large stuffed animals to crochet! Again, too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mienna
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008 07:37:06 PM »

She's awesome, I might have to make my own Patchy to snuggle with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wawamommy
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008 09:43:07 PM »

I so want Patchy!  He's awesome!  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008 09:47:09 PM »

how cute!!

he could be edgy...if he..well..no.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
tina522
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008 01:52:42 AM »

How adorable is that!  Great job.  I never would have thought to do something like that.  Thanks for sharing.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zombiecazz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008 02:16:44 AM »

gorgeous. i love combining two things, like you've done here. Crochet and patches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poe poe
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008 07:41:55 AM »

Awe! How adorable. I really like that patchy has 13 patches "moons" on his back. Did you do that on purpose, or did you just happen to work out that way? I love him, you did a great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.
-Aldo Leoplod-
Tiel
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008 09:22:44 AM »

My granddaugher is tapping the screen.  Can't talk but she is good at looking and wanting at 18 months.  I love this turtle best looking one so far that I've seen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not the brightest crayon in the box.
mamaedgar
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008 11:52:27 AM »

Awe! How adorable. I really like that patchy has 13 patches "moons" on his back. Did you do that on purpose, or did you just happen to work out that way? I love him, you did a great job.

thanks!  it just worked out that way!  I don't plan things much!

She is adorable! I love the idea of customizing her with the fabric because you can make her so personalized! All my friends are having (had) babies lately but I'm so afraid to crochet something in case the eyes come off and I cause them to choke... I'm so glad my daughter is finally three and pass the warnings! If you ever decide to do a tutorial I'd love it, it's so hard to find large stuffed animals to crochet! Again, too cute!

Thanks, i had a hard time picking the different fabrics to put on her!  As far a tutorial, i'll try my best here:

1. for the top and bottom shell i just work in the round increasing every round ( started w/ 8 so increases 8 every round).  But I slowly started adding less stitches per round until i wasn't adding any.  i did about 4 or 5 rnds evenly then tied off.  the same for the bottom shell except only did 1 rnd working evenly.  then i sc the top and bottom together, stuffing near the end.

2.  the legs i started with 6, then nxt rnd 12, then nxt rnd 18, then i switched colors and did a couple rnds of 18, then dec. 1 stitch every rnd, dec. in the same spot each rnd to get the bend.  i stopped when the stitch count was at 8 or so, then stuffed.

3. for the tail i started 8 ch and dec as i went (1 st per rnd) until it formed a point then tied off and stuffed.

4.  the head is a bit more complicated.  i started with 6 sc, then nxt rnd did 12, then nxt rnd 18 and i think i did one more rnd to 24.  then i worked evenly until i got the size of head i wanted and for the dec i dec ever st for 1/2 the rnd and no dec for the other 1/2 of the rnd. i did that for a few (3 maybe) rnds then worked evenly to create the neck ..... i can't remeber how i madethe bend in the neck though ... sorry!  then i stuffed it.  oh and i attatched the safety eyes BEFORE i started the neck.

5.  then i attached all the bits and did a row of sc around the seam of the shell, going over the tail and head to for the shell edge.  then cut hexagons and sewed them on by hand. 

well i think that's it!  it's not a great tutorial, but since i didn't write anything down, it's about the best i can do!  Hope it helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

otakugirly
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2008 03:49:17 PM »

I love him. I really really like the idea of putting patches on, it really makes it look unique.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Prime Lenses Vs. Zoom Lenses
Dan Bracaglia Talks About His Digital Photography Experience
Wedding Photography Techniques
Studio Photography Tips
Beginner Camera Kit
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...