A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
865 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bake Sale Recipes Needed!  (Read 1211 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chocolatestrawberries
« on: January 25, 2008 03:59:02 PM »

I need to bake 5 recipes for a bake sale, and would like to make creative desserts that will sell well. Anyone have some unusual recipes? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

icon from iconator
LeesaLove
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008 07:51:12 AM »

Are you looking for things to sell as individual servings? Or as a whole, like a whole cake or whole pie?

For individual servings I know it sounds done, but kids really like rice krispy square. You can jazz them up, add diff candies, dried fruit, nuts, or use diff cereals. Mix fruit loops & cheerios,  or rice krispys & lucky chrams, or trix.

My mom used to use the basic rice krispy recipe on the box, but use puffed rice cereal & added a couple tablespoons peanut butter to the marshmallow then added mixed diced dried fruit & very finely grated carrot.

Cup cakes are great 1 serving treats too, again just jazz them up, add citrus rind or flavor extracts to the batter.  Try Lemon Extract in the batter with little vanilla frosting & a single lemon drop candy on top.

Or make them in the ice cream cones, the cake ones that are flat on the bottom. add sprinkles to the batter & citrus zest sprinkled on top of the frosting, just a pinch.

For whole pies or cakes try an apple pie with a pastery flaky crust & a crumble top (mix butter,brown sugar & granola for the top.)

Added: I just noteced your user name, while not technically baked, I'd buy Choclate covered Straberrys at a back sale !!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008 07:53:44 AM by LeesaLove » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyZedral
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008 05:03:55 PM »

If you don't have to worry too much about allergies, you can try this:

Get some brownie mix (make it easy on yourself!).  Mix it up as usual, but add 1/2 to 3/4 cup Nutella, plus some chopped toasted nuts.  I make a homemade version if I'm not feeding a crowd, but for something like a bake sale, I would just buy the mix.  It's really tasty.

Oh, and I make cereal-marshmallow squares with Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs cereal, but Cocoa Crispies would be good too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kestrel5287
I like exclamation points

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008 03:38:47 PM »

I've heard of doing the rice krispies treats with fruity pebbles instead.  Those might go over well because of the bright colors.  Is the bake sale near any holidays? maybe you could play off that...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Touches - http://Krystal.canduru.com
xroxygurlx8

Make Crafts Not War

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008 11:11:23 AM »

When I was a kid my mom's cupcakes were always a hit! For easier and faster baking, use boxed mixes. My mom used to make 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 vanilla. Than put frosting on the cupcakes and add a gummy worm on top...it used to sell out so fast! Something so simple is good because you have to make 5 desserts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
robynsteiner
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I heart SLB...He's dreamy!

Fo Shizzle, yo...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008 01:15:20 PM »

Chocoate Dipped Pretzels, Baby!!! 

Technically, there's no baking required for these - but you can sell the crap out of them! We made them to sell for the Heart Association Heart Walk last month, and sold a ton! 

All you do is buy some super cheap large pretzel rods, chocolate chips (or that bark stuff), and some toppings.  We put a light coat of peanut butter on the pretzels, then dipped them in melted chocolate. Lay them on waxed paper and sprinkle your toppings - candy sprinkles, coconut, more chocolate chips, m&m's, basically anything you have lying around the house! 

We've also made them by melting caramel and dipping them in that before chocolate. They take a little while to make, but you can churn out a bunch at one go. And - most importantly - you can sell, sell, sell them! Good luck.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

L: "Don't leave your dirty package on the table."
C: "If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that..."

I WIST I had all these super cool things!

See you in the clouds, sweet little Jackson.
Diesels_Mom
Please refrain from frying bacon naked.

Mango Tango Scented Love Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008 01:50:08 PM »

Cupcake cones were always a huge hit at my sons bake sales, so were cookies with popsicle sticks baked into them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/dieselsmom

* I Love personal swaps! *

"A dog is not almost-human, and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes
cowgirlz101
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008 04:29:27 PM »

My mother-in-law used to bake cupcakes and once they were cool, she would cut a cone shape out of the middle with a sharp knife and put three mini marshmellows inside and a dab of frosting. She replaced the cone shape and frosted as usual. So when you bite into it, the gooey marshmellows and frosting would make ur tummy say yummy.

She also made chocolate brownies and frosted them with chocolate frosting...all homemade of course...no mixes for this woman!!

I would make Five Layer Bars, look on www.recipezaar.com. They are rich and delicious and easy to make. Chocolate dipped large strawberries are a hit. Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One moment can change everything!

Live your life to the fullest every day!

Let your past remain behind you as you look forward to the future!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Vegetable Fried Rice
How to Make Thai Drunken Noodles
How to Make Healthy Nigiri Sushi Recipe
How to Make Indian Dal
How to Make California Rolls with Special Sushi Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...