A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
772 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help! Ideas Needed for 50th B'day book!  (Read 1780 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sugarm0mma
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008 05:27:56 AM »

I think it looks great  Grin I'm sure you're sister will love it. I really like the Cindy 5-0 thing! That's hysterical!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.- Steven Wright
robynsteiner
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I heart SLB...He's dreamy!

Fo Shizzle, yo...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008 07:40:58 AM »

I think it looks great  Grin I'm sure you're sister will love it. I really like the Cindy 5-0 thing! That's hysterical!

Thanks! I hope she likes it...My birthday is a week after hers, so I can't imagine what she might do to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

L: "Don't leave your dirty package on the table."
C: "If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that..."

I WIST I had all these super cool things!

See you in the clouds, sweet little Jackson.
sugarm0mma
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008 12:36:48 PM »

I'm so boring I always do the same thing, go to my fav bbq place where everything is bad for you and then go to the drive-in  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.- Steven Wright
robynsteiner

Fo Shizzle, yo...

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008 10:55:45 PM »

Well, the party has come and gone. Thank goodness.

My sister's best friend and I busted our butts!  Well, really we spent alot of time gossiping...which led to us having to bust it at the end!  The guests started arriving 45 minutes before the party was to start - uh, can you say crap-ola!

My brother-in-law got the wrong person to make the birthday cakes - oops!

The memory cards that I obsessed over - and drove everyone on craftster crazy with - didn't really go over.  Everybody enjoyed looking at them, and talking about how cute they were and reading what others wrote, but weren't really into filling them out.  Probably because their idea of a party is just getting drunk.  Not very easy to write when you can't hold the pen.  I ended up not making an actual book, I just bought a rattan wicker box for her to keep the cards in. Good thing, 'cause she wasn't going to give them back to me to tinker with!

I could go on with a list of catastrophies, but I won't bore you! The most important thing was that my sister was surprised (which is sooooo not easy to do) and she had a really, really good time. I'm just happy that it's over!

Memorial Day weekend, she's getting her big present - a girly weekend in Atlanta with a segway tour of downtown. So, yay!

Thanks to everyone for their input...you're all the best!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008 10:13:38 AM »

Mmm... Sounds like it was mostly fun anyway. Surprising her must have been a lot of fun. I'm thinking the real fun will be the Segway!
I've been thinking about you.
So how was your birthday?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
robynsteiner

Fo Shizzle, yo...

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2008 11:08:14 AM »

sactownsue:   Awww. You're the sweetest!

Actually, today is my birthday! The big 3-8. It's been good so far. I slept really, really late - sleep is awesome! (I recently discovered the magic of earplugs...highly recommended!)

My hubby bought me a new purse that I had been lusting after and we are going to my *free on your birthday* (we are such losers!) dinner at my favorite italian restaurant. 

Ooooh, and the bestest present ever - we're going to see Duran Duran on May 17! Yay! My husband surprised me with tickets waaaay back in 2004.  Shortly after he got the tickets, I became the primary caregiver for my mom who had lung cancer. So I couldn't go. Had to give the tickets away - at least I got a t-shirt! If it weren't for Duran Duran, I wouldn't have made it to 38.

I have some mystery gift waiting for me from my sister. I have no idea what it could possibly be. 

Here we are at her party: I'm the brownie, she's the blondie. (We don't really look alike - same oven, different bakers.)

We are planning the Segway trip for Memorial Day weekend.  It should be fun.  There will be incriminating photos - I'm sure of it.

Thanks for thinking of me! It made my day!

Robyn Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2008 11:23:20 AM »

sactownsue:   Awww. You're the sweetest!
Thanks
Actually, today is my birthday! The big 3-8. It's been good so far. I slept really, really late - sleep is awesome! (I recently discovered the magic of earplugs...highly recommended!)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!I'm older than your sis. Sleep is necessary!!! I don't need earplugs anymore, I'm half deaf.
My hubby bought me a new purse that I had been lusting after and we are going to my *free on your birthday* (we are such losers!) dinner at my favorite italian restaurant. 

Ooooh, and the bestest present ever - we're going to see Duran Duran on May 17! Yay! My husband surprised me with tickets waaaay back in 2004.  Shortly after he got the tickets, I became the primary caregiver for my mom who had lung cancer. So I couldn't go. Had to give the tickets away - at least I got a t-shirt! If it weren't for Duran Duran, I wouldn't have made it to 38.
So sad... She was lucky to have you. That must have been rough. I'm sure she appreciated it.
I have some mystery gift waiting for me from my sister. I have no idea what it could possibly be. 
Mmmm.... Stand back when you open it! Just in case...

Here we are at her party: I'm the brownie, she's the blondie. (We don't really look alike - same oven, different bakers.)

We are planning the Segway trip for Memorial Day weekend.  It should be fun.  There will be incriminating photos - I'm sure of it.

Thanks for thinking of me! It made my day!

Robyn Smiley
Great! You guys have similar hairstyles tho. You guys look great. Looks like you were having a lot of fun.
Have a wonderful day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
robynsteiner

Fo Shizzle, yo...

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2008 07:29:30 PM »

Ha ha! My husband is a couple years older than my sister - she's 12 years older than me, he's 14 years older than me.  Our 13th anniversary is the end of this month.  He snores something awful and actually got a procedure done a few years ago to help with it.  It helped for a while, but now it's back. I have a difficult time sleeping anyway, so the snoring was adding to the problem. Hello, ear plugs. The downside is that I can't hear anything while wearing them!

Funny you mention the matching haircuts. I had actually gone to my sister's stylist about 2 days before to fix a horrendous haircut I got about 2 weeks earlier, which was to fix the first in the series of bad haircuts I got about 2 weeks before that!  My hair was about shoulder length before all that started....ugh! Luckily, it grows fast. That's our family talent. We grow hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Making of Tarzan: Where Science and Art Meet
Tron: Legacy Costume Designer Talks Light-Up Fabrics, Style, and the Future of Fashion
The VIDADIFH Show: James L. Brooks
Watch, Pass, or Rent: Tron: Legacy
Creating Shadows on the Wall
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...