A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Visual Journal By A Really Neat & Systematic Person (Pic OBESE) update p10  (Read 27044 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

maltrick
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2009 11:28:53 PM »

This is so beautiful. I love it.
I'm really messy and I wish I could be as organised as this journal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phebee
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2009 02:51:16 AM »

Hi beautiful people! Thanks for all your inspiring comments. I thought I'd post a few more pages of my journal since I've got a new one now for 2009. I'm finding it reaaally difficult to start the new one, but hopefully I'll get a kick of inspiration soon.
Here we go:

This is an envelope which I put all your comments in. I printed them out from this forum onto coloured card, cut them into strips, and put them in the envelope. Then when I begin to think the whole thing is pointless I can read through them and feel a bit better.

This envelope is made from the wrapping paper my auntie gave me at Christmas. She's cool, I got these great paper border stamps which hopefully you'll get to see if I ever properly start my 2009 journal. The quote on it says, "A woman would do well to carry a pencil in her pocket and write down all the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought are commonly the most valuable and should be secured because they seldom return."

My (nearly) completed weather pages.

My (actually) completed sticker page.

I love tags! Sometime when I can't manage to create a new page I just set myself the challeng to creat a new tag. That way the page has something to start with.

A chalk pastel drawing of myself when I was I'll with lyrics from a Fray song.

I won't the most personally thing I've ever wrote behind these doors, in the form of a long extended metaphor about dancing(!) - just in case I ever lose it, or someone reads it.

I read enjoyed doing these pages, it took me a couple of weeks to find all the right pictures

Maybe this should be on the first page of my new journal...

love you all xx
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009 11:06:52 AM by Phebee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cowgirlz101
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2009 04:02:59 AM »

I love your pages, and maybe it will inspire me to get my butt in gear, and do my altered journal. I especially love the little angel page, very cool idea with the feathers. Creative.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One moment can change everything!

Live your life to the fullest every day!

Let your past remain behind you as you look forward to the future!
Riechan
~What is this feeling?~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2009 09:39:17 AM »

I just love this !!
I have tried it one time before in an old phonebook but that was when I was 10 or so ...
But after seeing this, I want to try it again !!Now in a more 'me' way Smiley
Have to find a thicker book (I just don't like the phone book paper and well the book is HUGE)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

captjaneway
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2009 11:04:02 AM »

I continue to be amazed by your creativity and awesomeness! It is amazing! I really like the pages with the pictures cut into different sections Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want to spoil a grouch's day, smile Smiley

Joy may be the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy Smiley
mintbamboo
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2009 08:06:06 PM »

This is an envelope which I put all your comments in. I printed them out from this forum onto coloured card, cut them into strips, and put them in the envelope. Then when I begin to think the whole thing is pointless I can read through them and feel a bit better.

Really, all? Aw, I feel like I'm a little part of living art now  Smiley

The quote on it says, "A woman would do well to carry a pencil in her pocket and write down all the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought are commonly the most valuable and should be secured because they seldom return."

I haven't actually started a journal like this, but I have started a quote book of inspirational or thoughtful quotes that I like that I will be alternating with some pages of simple watercolor paintings. I added this quote to my book just now, pleased it is by Francis Bacon whom I just finished studying in a psych class.

Nice to see you're still doing beautiful inspirational work!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009 08:06:45 PM by mintbamboo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm your fool
ellegal22
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2009 10:39:00 AM »

this is possibly the most incredible project i have ever seen in my life. you have definitely inspired me to create something like this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lucybug33
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2009 10:10:53 PM »

oh my.
takes my breath away, in a good way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rawrjaimee
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2009 11:45:18 PM »

This is amazing. You've definitely inspired me to start my own and I have! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cygni
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2009 05:21:57 AM »

Wow! I love your journal. I've been writing one of my own since I was 13, but I've never made it as artistic as yours. Mine is only text and some photos and images. I also have a cheap green notebook (it has to be cheap, I'm that weird) where I doodle, write little stories, random thoughts and book quotes. I carry that notebook everywhere inside my bag (I've been using those notebooks for five years now, so I have 7 completely written).
Now I'm going to try making a journal like yours. You are really inspiring, you know?? I love all the pages you've shown us and the quote about writing what we want because nobody has to read it... oh, my!
Thank you very much for showing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Repair Damaged Hair
How to Understand and Reverse Hair Loss
How to Style Curly Hair
Learn About Hair Brushes
Learn About Hair Combs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...