A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,140
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Visual Journal By A Really Neat & Systematic Person (Pic OBESE) update p10  (Read 27206 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

robynsteiner
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I heart SLB...He's dreamy!

Fo Shizzle, yo...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008 04:27:27 PM »

You are very creative and oh so talented - and neat! I don't think you should rip anything out or of your journal.  You'd be surprised how telling those pages can be when you get a bit older.  Sometimes what you don't like says alot more about you than what you're happy with.  Keep it up! You inspire me... Wink
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008 04:45:11 PM by rboecler » THIS ROCKS   Logged

L: "Don't leave your dirty package on the table."
C: "If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that..."

I WIST I had all these super cool things!

See you in the clouds, sweet little Jackson.
muffinsgomoo
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008 04:43:21 PM »

This rocks! I agree with everyone else that this inspires me-- especially the sticker and weather pages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CheetahChiq78
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008 05:06:10 PM »

WOW! This is absolutely amazing! I cannot imagine the hours of work, the patience and the love that went into this!

BEAUTIFUL!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it. Let me not look for allies in life's battlefield but to my own strength.
eralc
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008 05:24:48 PM »

Wow! What an awesome journal! Very inspiring.
I also started a visual journal at the beginning of the year, but mine is mainly paint and paper. I'd like to write more in my journal - you've given me some great ideas! Thanks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/eralc
♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪
http://www.flickr.com/photos/caramel_eclare/
♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪
kaleesi
Craftaholic

Rae'Lynn Grace - 5 months old

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008 06:52:25 PM »

Wow - I wish I could be half that neat and organized! That is really fantastic!! Each page is so expressive - I love it! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a gorgeous granddaughter Smiley

Not allowed to craft without supervision Wink
God is big enough.....
robynsteiner
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I heart SLB...He's dreamy!

Fo Shizzle, yo...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008 08:28:44 PM »

Phebee: Can I ask (what may prove to be a really stupid question) about your process? Do you let the papers inspire what the page will be about, or do you get the inspiration for the page then choose the paper? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but surely it's not just me who might be wondering!  I realize everyone works differently and you might have a totally different way of doing things that I never thought of.

The reason I ask....after seeing your beautiful work, I am itching to dig into my ridiculously large collection of crafty stuff and do this! I have sooo many supplies - but I am such a Type A person that I can't bear to use something for fear of it not turning out right!

You've already inspired me tremendously, maybe this will be the final little push off the cliff!

Thanks again for sharing your work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

L: "Don't leave your dirty package on the table."
C: "If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that..."

I WIST I had all these super cool things!

See you in the clouds, sweet little Jackson.
Phebee
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008 02:34:23 AM »

Wow, this is amazing! (are you a librarian?)
I'm not a librarian, I'm a student (of computing of sorts)

I want to say since my first post I have already started journaling again when I was "blessed" with a super boring meeting at work. You gave me sooo many great ideas!! Thanks so much for the inspiration! I hope you continue to fill up your page where you've helped someone. You should include us (definitely me!)!!

And I love this idea...wish I'd just gone 3-D and done it months ago. Sigh. Better late than never!
It's funny you should mention it, because the last date stamp on that page had been 14th March, but last night I both thanked Craftster and 'You're welcomed' it!

Phebee: Can I ask (what may prove to be a really stupid question) about your process? Do you let the papers inspire what the page will be about, or do you get the inspiration for the page then choose the paper? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but surely it's not just me who might be wondering!  I realize everyone works differently and you might have a totally different way of doing things that I never thought of.

The reason I ask....after seeing your beautiful work, I am itching to dig into my ridiculously large collection of crafty stuff and do this! I have sooo many supplies - but I am such a Type A person that I can't bear to use something for fear of it not turning out right!

You've already inspired me tremendously, maybe this will be the final little push off the cliff!

Thanks again for sharing your work!

That's such an awesome question! I have had to get my journal out to answer it. I have quite a few pages scattered throughout my journal, with just background papers on and no writing, waiting for me to write on them. And quite a few collages that i've made which I will one day get around to writing on.
I don't like white pages so it helps to inspire me when they have a background.

But every once in while I get an idea and I think "I have just the right papers for that page" so I dig them out of my box and use them.

My advice to you is to think "What if it turns out right!" If you use your supplies and make a nice page out of them, you will be so much prouder of yourself. And the thing with the journal, is that it's something you can keep for the rest of your life.

PS I love the guardian.
I know I've replied to this already, but I have some things to add, after thinking about it last night.

The Guardian is how I first found out about Craftster. They did a "Crafty Stuff" supplement with the Saturday paper (which I still have at home!) which had a small article on and the web address of Craftster.

I also have a double-page spread (so to speak) in my journal, of cartoons that have made me laugh. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to with it yet...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008 05:06:37 AM »

your work is hugely inspiring, a true credit to your talents  Grin
I love so many pages, I cant possibly pick a fave
I do have a teeny favour if you could be so kind?
would you have the link to the picture on the page, "books to read" of the girl reading surrounded by books?
(I appreciate that link by the way to the awesome photo site!)
I have a collage to do for an assignment and would love to use elements of that pic if possible, Ive been trawling the photo site but cant find it
thanks again for all the fabulous inspiration!
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
girl-from-mars
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008 05:24:54 AM »

I'm a terribly neat person too, but I have loads of pictures and scraps of things and I really want to do something with them.  Your journal has totally inspired me to get on with it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurpleHeather
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008 05:46:27 AM »

These pages are fab and very inspirational - thanks for sharing them.  I love the weather, directory of beautiful things and dressform pages - I may pop to WH Smiths this weekend & get myself a date stamp!

Thanks also for the links to Appleseed & the photo site.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose Transfer Paper
How to Iron On Numbers to Fabric
How to Apply T-shirt Transfer Papers
How to Custom Design Iron On Transfers
How to Design Rhinestone Transfers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...