A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 301,988
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Visual Journal By A Really Neat & Systematic Person (Pic OBESE) update p10  (Read 29499 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miu-miu
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008 11:06:25 AM »

Oh my god, this is too damn cool. I love it! I've always wanted to have a journal like this, but I juct can't start it, because I'm affraid that it will look bad and so on. Good job Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kacadea
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008 11:29:43 AM »

Wow!  This is awesome and inspiring!!  Thank you so much for charing! And I would have made the trip to get it without hesitation!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
half a bee
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008 11:31:06 AM »

Wow.  Beautiful, interesting, inspiring.  You're awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandasbrighteyes
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008 11:35:08 AM »

wow this is the most amazing journal ive ever seen! i havent kept a journal since i was in 6th grade..maybe i should give it a try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"In my world everyones a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies."

Wists!
juliusmunki

I have no excuses for my behavior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008 12:04:37 PM »

I love this project - and you have some great page ideas - you should start a journal along - it seems so many people on here have always wanted to journal but need a little inspiration - I like the sections like things to do to keep...  the sticker page ... the list of things you have learned ... very cool...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008 12:32:30 PM »

holy cow girl! that journal is awesome! and get messy some more - it's my favorite page. but I love the combination of hand written and the stamps. the sticker page is an awesome idea.

I totally have to crib this whole idea because I think  need to have something creative everyday. wow!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phebee
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008 01:31:24 PM »

Thanks everyone for all your beautiful comments!! I wish I could reply to them all!

I so love arty journals though I have yet to make one.  You certainly provide incentive.
Go for it. I never thought I'd be able to make one, and I've proved myself wrong.
I love flicking back through the pages and see all the things that have happened so far this year.

Your journal is very inspiring and absolutely beautiful! I made my current journal two years ago this month with the intention of making it a journal-art hybrid type thing, but so far it hasn't really worked out  Cheesy. I just might have to have two at once, one specifically for therapeutic writing, and one for truely expressing myself. Thank you so much for sharing this!
Having two journals sounds like a great idea. I find that when I do 'therapeutic writing' in my visual journal, I have to cover it up with a flap or something, because I don't like reading it when i'm not in the same kind of mood. There's a poem i wrote in my journal on the first day of the year that I covered with a flap, then tied down with three ribbons that i double-knotted, and I haven't opened it since!

You are right about the stickers too. I have been keeping the stickers out of mailings/credit card offers/book club offers, etc., lately for just such a purpose!
The more i collect them, the more i see them everywhere! The sticker page has loads more on since i took that picture a few weeks ago, because i keep finding them: on CDs, parcels that come through the post and even pasta packets. I was still collecting them in the three weeks that my journal went AWOL because I couldn't bare to throw them away anymore, and when I got it back, I stuck them all in.

PS I love the guardian.
Me too! Because I live in a studenty area they are sold for half price! I just have to make sure I don't cut things out that I haven't read yet! I saved all the free wrapping paper they gave out at christmas, and I've used it for so many backgrounds.

Oh my god, this is too damn cool. I love it! I've always wanted to have a journal like this, but I juct can't start it, because I'm affraid that it will look bad and so on. Good job Smiley
Start one! I find it really helps me express myself, even though most of the time i'm not even journalling about my feelings. Like if I've had a bad day, I don't tend to write about it, but I might make a collage or colour things in, in dark colour.
It doesn't matter if it looks bad - you should see all the pages i didn't post. And i find that if you make layers you can make anything look good. I have a "thank you, you're welcome" page where I write a small message to someone who's helped me, and a message from someone i've helped. And it looks really stupid, But I've made some pictures into flaps and it's looking a bit better.
I also tend to put tracing paper on top of any writing that's messy, because it makes it look better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jesskreck
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008 02:11:25 PM »

Wow, this is amazing! (are you a librarian?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my web site: http://www.sewingschool.org
...Everything you wanted to know about sewing but were afraid to ask...
timid_gothica

I will spray paint your face!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008 02:28:32 PM »

i book marked this project because it's just so amazing. i have no words to portray the depth in which is effects me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die
- Hunter S. Thompson

my etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5779650
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008 02:37:18 PM »

I want to say since my first post I have already started journaling again when I was "blessed" with a super boring meeting at work. You gave me sooo many great ideas!! Thanks so much for the inspiration! I hope you continue to fill up your page where you've helped someone. You should include us (definitely me!)!!

I find that when I do 'therapeutic writing' in my visual journal, I have to cover it up with a flap or something, because I don't like reading it when i'm not in the same kind of mood. There's a poem i wrote in my journal on the first day of the year that I covered with a flap, then tied down with three ribbons that i double-knotted, and I haven't opened it since!
And I love this idea...wish I'd just gone 3-D and done it months ago. Sigh. Better late than never!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Special Effects in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Edit an Image in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Paint With Digital Paint in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Work With Non-Destructive Editing in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Color Correction in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...