A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Salt Lake Crafsters!  (Read 2499 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

K-ritters
« on: April 09, 2008 08:11:44 PM »

So I've been reading through the posts in this section a lot of them are old.  I live in Salt Lake City, and I know lot's of cool no craftster, crafters, and it could be cool to meet more people.  Who here lives in the area, or is around sometimes?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting is love.
lulusmum
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008 09:42:19 PM »

Sorry I dont think to check this part of the site often.  When I started coming to craftster I thought it was odd the Utahns didnt chat more.  I am in the downtown area.  What type of crafts are you into?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
staysik
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008 09:57:44 AM »

Ya, I think people (at least the SLC craftsters) look @ the posts of whatever craft they favor.  I live in SLC.  Well, actually right now I'm living in Farmington, but its like 15 to 20 mins from downtown SLC.  There's a Stitch N Bitch group that meets a couple of times a week- most knit but some do crocheting and spinning yarn.  And a few of them make soap.  I haven't gone to one of their groups in a LONG time, and I know its grown alot since I've gone, but they're really cool.

So what do you like doing and are you in SLC?  Did you just move here? 
I like to do knitting, crocheting, drawing, painting, collage, jewelry-making and other crafts. I used to do alot of polymer clay work, but when I started knitting and crocheting again, everything kinda fell to the wayside.  I still draw sometimes- I need to again. You know that coffee shop on 4th South and 5th or 6th East, that's right across from Knuckleheads and Beto's?  I used to have some of my paintings there, but someone stole one of mine, so I took 'em back.   Anyhoooo....the SnB meets on Sat at the  and Tues at Jitterbug coffeehouse at 7pm, and sometimes Thurs. and Sunday at a different coffeeshop.  I would like to start going again, but w/ the price of gas now and me living a few minutes outside of SLC, I haven't gone.   Maybe SLC Craftsters can start another group or something. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<a href="http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Staysik">Arte de Shelley</a>
glowinggeckos
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010 03:29:41 PM »

So there is a possablity that my husband and I and out 9mo. son will be moving to SLC.  Possability as in he says the word and we will be out there this summer.  i was wondering if i could talk to anyone who lives there to give me the heads up on the city and give us a inside view so to speak of the area. 

We currently live in Northern California. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sixstringkate
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010 07:33:20 PM »

Hi all! I'm in Sandy and was looking for folks to chat crafts with. I'm also a new mom (5mo old twins) so I won't really be able to meet anywhere too often unless it's a play-date. I'm a jack of all trades (master of none!) and I love to learn new techniques. Currently I'm on a crochet kick but I also knit, quilt, costume, work ceramics, and whatever else I can figure out. My favorite thing is to see something cool and figure out how it's done. Patterns? Bah!

We should totally get some kind of chat group going and meet once a month or something, since we're all pretty spread out. Let me know what you think! I'm dying for some adult interaction! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Anubisheart

Lost in Zombieland

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010 08:51:30 AM »

Hi! I'm Crystal! I live about 20 mins away from downtown SLC. I recently moved here from Southern Cali and I haven't really found anyone out here that enjoys crafting as much as me. Its great to know I'm not the only craftster thats out here Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can walk you can dance; If you can talk you can sing
Art exists in many forms, the trick is to see all of them.

Check out my etsy!
www.etsy.com/shop/AnubisCreations
Check out my Blog!
http://anubiscreations.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Have We Been Washing Our Faces Wrong?
The Best Products for Contouring and Highlighting
How to Recycle Your Electric Toothbrush as a Facial Exfoliator
Cucumber Green Tea Puffy Eye Pads
How to Make a Red Wine Facial
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...