A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,731
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Needlework Swap Gallery  (Read 29221 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rented_angel
« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2008 11:28:33 AM »

Wow....everything is so amazing...I wish I had time to comment on everyone's stuff....but Everything is Amazing!  I'm so glad I got to participate in this swap.  Great Great job people! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nannetta
Ankh-Morpork Knitters' Guild - Section Roundworld

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2008 11:50:54 AM »

Ooooo!!! All the new packages are awesome. - Both Mucha ladies are beauties and soo inspirational!
- And the needlework organizer is beautiful ... almost beyond words!

Fabulous stitching, girls!!!  Cool

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I happen to believe in beauty without cruelty." - Gytha Ogg, whilst wearing her very own LIVE tomcat GREEBO for an evening at the opera.

i <3 wisting!
ritapizza
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2008 12:00:03 PM »

Oh, rectangel, you look so lovely in your supercute polkadot dress and your new apron!!! And your place is so gorgeous and so stylin' and the embroidery organizer fits right in!! I am so happy that you love everything (as much as I love your package!) and that I figured out your tastes and style right Wink (We exchanged so many PMs that I was hoping not to give anything away Cheesy) I still think you spoiled me move with your gorgeous Mucha pillow!

This was my first biscornu I made, and I'm addicted! It's such a beautiful shape! The designs are from flossbox (with some adaptation on the bottom side)
and learned how to put it together here.

Thanks, everyone, for your great comments!

Thank you so much, kittykill, for matching me with the most amazing partner ever!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008 12:06:51 PM by ritapizza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew Its For You
Everyone should be a little more kind, even me.

formally known as joolz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2008 01:51:44 PM »

Just a recap..I am finally posting pictures of my amazing items...

I received:
The Amazing Shag Pillow that was posted in completed projects
A t shirt for my hubby
2 different pieces of fabric
The dress up and gnomes and fairies sublime stitching paterns
a floss winder
super cool Harajuku stickers
"Let's Make Cute Stuff" by Aranzi Aronzo book
2 flour sack towels
shag stationery
iron on  skull rhinestuds ( I sent her very similar ones)
super cute kid bandaids
hello kitty hello postcards
an adorable journal
a hello kitty ring and charm
the cutest felt needle book, that looks like a pink party dress
a set of clover animal patterns
floss bobbins and holder ( I sent her the exact same ones)
and a very cute lollipop

I was out of the country for most of the swap so sorry I have been slack in posting on the boards....Everyone has made amazzing things!!  Great job!!

my amazing shag pillow. the devil guy was outlined in glow in the dark thread and we tried to capture that in the next couple pics.  The first pic is us trying to activate the glow in the dark thread, I think the one after that is his head and then his arm.

The money shot of the stash

the adorable needle book

Thanks again so much kittykill.  I love my stuff!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008 01:54:15 PM by joolz - Reason: wrong order of pics » THIS ROCKS   Logged

accountantbyday
Semiadolescent By Night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2008 03:59:43 PM »

I just got my package from Kookaloo last night and it is amazing!  First of all, I want to say that even though she kept worrying that I was somehow not getting a good "deal" out of this swap, she needs to pipe down and understand that it worked out beautifully.  When we were discussing what types of items might work for me, I had mentioned how I liked utilitarian things, and she really came through for me.  Everything I got was functional and decorative at the same time. 

I got:

A beautiful hand sewn tote-bag with a sexy, fiery sewing lady on it (note her giant threaded needle!)
An armchair organizer with magnet and pincushion - PERFECT as I am constantly losing my supplies in the furniture or elsewhere in the house and having to repurchase them!
A super functional and cute needle book
Fabric pens with lots of exciting German all over the packaging - hey, in the US we don't have much packaging with anything other than Spanish, English or MAYBE French (possibly because of the Quebecois?)
Floss winder & bobbins
New scissors - I was so glad to see these as I recently misplaced...my third or fourth pair and haven't worked on any embroidery since then! 
A tiny retractable tape measure, which was great, since I hate using the big ones that get all floppy and in the way
Assorted floss colors, none of which I already have!
Needles - which was nice, since I, again, constantly lose mine

On with the (pic-heavy) show:

Everything was packaged snugly in a Reebok shoebox.  I mention this only because as soon as I opened it, my most immediate reaction was, "They have Reebok in the UK?" Then I stopped and realized, duh, of course they have Reebok, stupid. 

This may or may not have been intentional, but the Kansas state flower is the sunflower!  So the first thing I saw after opening the shoe box (which is now storing all the spools of thread and various scraps that were cluttering up my dining table!) was this happy sunflower paper. 

This is a group picture of all my loot.  Even though it wasn't the "big" project, I might actually be the most excited about the armchair organizer, since I'm a total slob and this will help curb some of my stupidest and worst tendencies, such as using the sofa itself as a pincushion and forgetting my needles in it!

This is a close-up of the foxy lady adorning my new bag!  When I opened it up, I didn't have my eyeglasses on at first and I saw the blue thread and thought, "How ironic!  She is a spicy hot lady, extinguishing the fire at her feet!  I wonder what it all means!"  Then I found my glasses and realized that the image actually made much more sense than that.  It is an exciting naughty sewing lady who is getting ready to sew something, anything, just let her at it!  This is a really fun image and I'm going to enjoy taking this to the library and letting people gawk at it. 

My sofa is a nightmare right now, all stacked with cookbooks and craft books, etc. etc. and I decided I would rather die than show it off to the general public.  Even the benevolent general public such as yourselves.  So I draped the armchair organizer over the edge of my kitchen cart to show it in action.  I love the magnet sewn inside it, and have been using it to hold my scissors in place.  Also, the scissors are pretty great.  I know it's a traditional thing for embroidery scissors to have some kind of bird motif worked into their design, but this never gets old for me.  I spent some time last night making the new bird scissors snap their "beak" at my boyfriend whenever he talked to me. 

Close-up of the needlebook.  This is a more functional needle book than the one I sent her - It has little pockets for scissors and things and a special place for a seam ripper, which is another big help since that's another thing I am constantly losing. 

Front of the needlebook.  It has a cute little heart button and an elastic strap (I may steal this idea for the next needle book I make!) to hold it shut.  She has embroidered a cute little needle and thread on the front, too, which is good because with as smart as I have been this weekend, I may end up wearing it as a hat or something if I didn't have this as a reminder! 

Thanks for looking, everybody.  This swap was a great first one for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2008 04:05:05 PM »

Woohoo Another great 2 packages!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EOcrafter
Never met a craft I didn't like

mmm rummy drink!

« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2008 07:00:31 PM »

YAY YAY YAY!!! Thank you Pearliepie!!!  This has seriously been one of the best swaps I have ever participated in!  But..I did have an awesome partner..and from the looks of the gallery, EVERYONE did!  It is amazing the pieces of art everyone created for this swap..and here are such pieces that I received!!

She sent me granny squares for this scarf that I am seriously going to get working on now!

All of the little embroidery cards have the yarn name and content on them...one is made of cashmere!

AND, THREE sublime stiching patterns, the sushi one is my fav!

The gorgeous card she sent, you'll be seeing some more of this design soon :-)

Ribbon, cute!

Supplies!  YAY!! I love the embroidery thread, we sent the same skien back and forth, but you found more colors from this series to send me!

This is the BIG'UN!! All boxed up beautifully:

Whats inside!  I think I did seirouly gasp when I opened it:

This stitching mirrors my favors and general design theme of my wedding!  My colors are red, purple and black..they look so beautiful together in Pearlie's take on it :-)

This was embroidered on the bottom of the inside of the bag, notice the beautful purple silk she used, its says "You belong among the wildflowers" with my wedding date next to it...so so so breathtaking

and INSIDE this beautiful little bag was a hankie!  I actually requested a hankie embroidered with my new initials to carry at my wedding, cause i KNOW i'll be sobbing  (tears of happiness of course!!)  According to Pearlies note, one peice of package was from her vintage collection, and I have to guess this is it, this hankie has beautiful white flowers embroidered in the opposite corner, kind of hard to catch with my camera

This was such a wonderful swapping experience!  Thank you thank you thank you, Pearliepie!  You have made me remember how exciting getting married really is!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008 03:59:25 PM by crafty_dame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2008 07:05:08 PM »

Very great package and something to treasure forever!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rectangel
a right angle gone wrong

'once a square always a square'

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2008 07:25:39 PM »

wow! more eye candy!  lovely work it looks like everyone is getting spoiled!

accountantbyday -I totally laughed out loud about the benevolent public and issues with displaying the living room...my photo was taken at a very specific angle  Roll Eyes

After a day of trying out the organizer I have to say I love everything about it and I could totally spend another day looking at that apron...I have no patience for hand sewing despite my passion for embroidery and the whole curvy hem is hand stitched it is unbelievable!

Joolz -I was wondering if anyone would ever be able to capture the glow in the dark thread on camera...it is such a cool invention for hiding things in stitching Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Going to Viva this year April 1-4!
Harvey
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2008 12:29:48 AM »

Prepare to be in awe...I received from Kitten Wrangler. Shocked Her package is fantastic. I am so pleased and impressed with everything. She sent me a cross stitch/embroidery project organizer.

The inside. It has pockets, a needle case, a thread cutter, a couple of pockets and some of the threads she sent. There were another 9 threads of all the sorts that I usually won't buy for myself - stick to your budget and only buy what you need for the next project - including some of the glow in the dark thread.

The outside open. The picture is gorgeous. It is a character from the Miyazaki film Princess Mononoke called Kodama. I love Miyazaki, and this film. Cheesy

The outside closed.

Finally, here is a close-up of the Kodama. I love it. Isn't the heart charm gorgeous too?

Thank you Kitten Wrangler, you made my day. I only hope you liked your package even half as much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Standing Rib Roast
How to make Potato Skins
How to make Jalapeno Poppers
How to Fry Turkey
How to make Country Southern Gravy
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...