A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,491
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Needlework Swap Gallery  (Read 27975 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2008 11:19:45 AM »

I LOVE 70s craft books, especially when they include zodiac signs  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
EOcrafter
Never met a craft I didn't like

mmm rummy drink!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2008 12:13:51 PM »

Pearliepie, it must be A FEAST to go through that 70's (80'S ??) needlework book!
I'm pretty sure it's from the late 70's (I'm at work and the book is not), and you have no idea how cool it is! There's a section of needlepoint charts for all the astrological signs, and a bunch of great geometric belts and bracelets.  It is an awesome book!

I was so excited about that book when I found it too!  I got it when I was out of town for work at a used book store, and I'm going back to the same town next week! WHEEE!!! I'm TOTALLY going back, they had a whole ROOM devoted to vintage craft books! Smiley))
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2008 12:29:36 PM »

Pearliepie, it must be A FEAST to go through that 70's (80'S ??) needlework book!
I'm pretty sure it's from the late 70's (I'm at work and the book is not), and you have no idea how cool it is! There's a section of needlepoint charts for all the astrological signs, and a bunch of great geometric belts and bracelets.  It is an awesome book!

I was so excited about that book when I found it too!  I got it when I was out of town for work at a used book store, and I'm going back to the same town next week! WHEEE!!! I'm TOTALLY going back, they had a whole ROOM devoted to vintage craft books! Smiley))

gloating like that - its just MEAN  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Nannetta
Ankh-Morpork Knitters' Guild - Section Roundworld

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2008 02:56:42 PM »

Accountantbyday, that sounds like a brilliant and very useful technique for larger projects! - Your explanation gave me a clear mental image of how to actually proceede along that method, thanks for sharing!!  Smiley

EOcrafter, thrifting for books truly is great! - i pulled out one of my favorite craft books from under a huge pile of bed sheets once.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I happen to believe in beauty without cruelty." - Gytha Ogg, whilst wearing her very own LIVE tomcat GREEBO for an evening at the opera.

i <3 wisting!
Sew Its For You
Everyone should be a little more kind, even me.

formally known as joolz

« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2008 05:21:36 AM »

I am off to work but I wanted to say I received from kittykill last night and she totally spolied me....
I received:
The Amazing Shag Pillow that was posted in completed projects
A t shirt for my hubby
2 different pieces of fabric
The dress up and gnomes and fairies sublime stitching paterns
a floss winder
super cool Harajuku stickers
"Let's Make Cute Stuff" by Aranzi Aronzo book
2 flour sack towels
shag stationery
iron on  skull rhinestuds ( I sent her very similar ones)
super cute kid bandaids
hello kitty hello postcards
an adorable journal
a hello kitty ring and charm
the cutest felt needle book, that looks like a pink party dress
a set of clover animal patterns
floss bobbins and holder ( I sent her the exact same ones)
and a very cute lollipop

I will post pics in the  morning...Thanks so much kittykill I love everything!!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008 07:40:12 AM by joolz - Reason: can't type for crap!! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MEshelltakeone
« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2008 07:36:01 AM »

accountantbyday- OH! i got a very clear mental image too while reading your method! that makes sooo much sense!!!

joolz- WOW! sounds like you got tons of stuff!!! awesome!! cant wait to see pics!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2008 07:59:18 AM »

Yeah! I'm glad that you like everything. I had so much fun collecting stuff for you Cheesy. That is so funny that we sent eachother the exact same things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew Its For You
Everyone should be a little more kind, even me.

formally known as joolz

« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2008 08:28:36 AM »

Yeah! I'm glad that you like everything. I had so much fun collecting stuff for you Cheesy. That is so funny that we sent eachother the exact same things.

we really share a brain..lol thanks again and I will post in the am
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2008 08:33:21 AM »

LOL! Too funny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ritapizza
« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2008 04:10:44 PM »

Thank you everyone for sharing pictures of your packages! They are all so wonderful and the stitching is so great and inspirational! You are all so amazing!

oh*my*goodness, when you see what rectangel has sent me, you know she is really a beautiful and special person Smiley I just received her wonderful and gorgeous package this morning and seriously, she knows me so well because I love everything more than I can say!! It's unbelievable that everything is beyond superb! Thank you so so much! I'm so thankful beyond words!

I'm not saving this for last - this beautiful pillow and the lovely stitching is definitely the most spectacular I have ever seen!

OMG your incredible stitching on this Mucha pillow is pure perfection and beauty - I love it so much! And it's so big! The fabrics you used are so lovely and perfectly reminds you of spring! It is such a gem and I will show it off to everyone I know!! Cheesy I've taken so many pictures of it just now but nothing captures its elegance and my love for how beautiful it is!

More pictures to show off its beauty~~~

Here is the patchwork back of the pillow with pretty shell buttons!

See? rectangel, you are beyond amazing! Thank you~

All the supplies are oh so thoughtful and totally useful for me right now! Thank you!
All wrapped up pretty~

The tray with gripper and placemat is so awesome to keep all my embroidery stuff in one place instead of scattered everywhere. I haven't decided where to iron the butterfly yet but it is very pretty and goes nicely with the placemat and tray!

Otherside of placemat~

Supplies unwrapped!

Thimble pads! wow! I never knew these existed! My fingers thank you! I tried these during my lunch and my fingers are very happy Cheesy The magnetic wand is another very clever idea for preventing lost pins, needles and scissors! Thank you for all the new floss and needles to try! There's also sticky back velcro dots and the charms are so cute! And there's a clear plastic envelope underneath for a great, simple, and practical way to carry embroidery supplies on the go! Thank you!

AND she also included this pretty box and embroidered the patch on top! It's so cute and practical too! (she calls it a pincushion/sotrage/garbage bin but I don't think I'll be using it as a trash bin! hehe...)

Inside ~ beautiful pearl cotton floss for sashiko and adorable tiny scissors! so cute! thank you!!

Also, there's chocolate, famous chocolate that started in Alberta! Cute chocolate hearts! And I *love* white chocolate! and this one has pistachios! cool! I love pistacios too! Cheesy I can't wait to try it!

Wow, I could go on forever on how much I love everything <3<3<3<3<3
Goodness, I'm so nervous about you receiving my package now! I only hope you like your package too! OMG I hope my package gets to you soon!!!

Thank you so much, rectangel for everything! You are so amazing in every way! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Topshop Felt Tip Liner Review
6 Beauty Trends Under $20
Caudalie Polyphenol C15 Collection Review
HSN Beauty Report with Amy Morrison
Best Foods To Eat For Glowing Skin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...