A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 304,755
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I'm really mad at a local sewing machine shop  (Read 1328 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SpottedFrog
« on: April 09, 2008 03:21:26 PM »

PM if you want the name.

Yesterday, Tuesday March 8, I took in 4 pairs of scissors to be sharpened. I was under the impression that they did scissor sharpening while you wait, but aparently not. She said "probably later this afternoon" ok, no sweat, long as I get them tomorrow I've got a lot to do. Today I went to get them, still not done, but the guy who goes to Hancock's is there on Wednesdays & he does do while you wait sharpening. Still no big deal, not upset about that, busy is busy.

I'm in the car sitting in traffic & look down to notice one of the pairs of scissors in the bag isn't mine. Dang, must have got mistakenly switched when she took them to the back. I called the shop & said I was coming back. No scissors. No apparent effort to look for mine and no apologies- just a shrug and a "well these aren't from our store". The scissors they lost were Heinkles, a $20-25 pair with significant sentimental value. I was furious so I left.

I stomped around for a while and after I was more calm, I called them. I said "I'm sure it was just a mix up but I really want my scissors". No accusations, no demands, I didn't scream. What did I get? "well you can come look for them yourself". what? What about 'I'm sorry we'll keep looking' or even 'I'm sorry but we don't replace things based on verbal alone', even 'I'm sorry but I can't help you'. I bought a two thousand dollar machine from them and this is the service I get for a twenty dollar pair of scissors? I really, really hope they call me soon to make amends, and I will not be shopping there untill they do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008 03:24:22 PM »

oooh, pen, i'm sorry!  was the person you spoke to an owner or manager or something of that sort?  if so, hold strong in your boycott until they fix this - if not, speak to a higher-up. 

two thousand dollar sewing machine or no, you went to them for a service and they botched it, and then gave you awful customer service.  come look for them yourself?  i don't think so.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008 03:24:58 PM by ruby_soho » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
SpottedFrog
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008 04:11:15 PM »

The business is family owned & run, the person at the counter was the adult daughter of the owner & when I called I talked to him directly Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008 04:15:35 PM »

that's really frustrating.  i hope they realize they screwed up and fix this for you Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
misfitknits
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008 12:15:35 AM »

omg, where was this? can you at least say what town? i'm paranoid now! i don't like some of the stores here; kerrville/ ingram, no good customer service, things like that. they act like a young person sewing is illegal. or like i'm going to run out of the store with a bolt of fabric or something! i'm glad that didn't happen to me though, i would've been furious. my brain can't always moderate what comes out of my mouth!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting and spinning and the hilarity that comes along with it:
http://www.thelandofmisfitknits.blogspot.com
MacesMeMe

My Bully the DoofyDoo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008 05:47:21 PM »

Not to be funny or anything, but I would of taken them up on "look for yourself" I think a few minutes of that and they would of started looking!! Are they part of the Better Business Bureau, I would report them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my kids reupholstered recliner
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=314248.0
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Festive Holiday Hairstyles
How to Get a Quick Top Knot by Percy and Reed
How to Get a Quick Up Do by Percy and Reed
Amazing Celeb Hair Makeovers
Celeb Haircuts That Changed History
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...