A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,196
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: curtains, bedding, and rugs, OHMY! but which ones?  (Read 632 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beautifulcreature

give me all your shinies, please.

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2008 12:47:18 AM »

finally got the bedroom decluttered and only the stuff in it that i want in it. Now I'm trying to figure out what it should look like. It's sort of uhm bright/dark depending on who looks at it in horror and then later tries to describe it. the furniture's all staying, though the bed's coming off the frame and going directly on the floor and i want a larger bamboo mat where the small runner is now.  What I can't decide is what colour bedding/curtains/general linens I should get. I'm pretty sure I want something solid coloured, but not entirely sure :/Also think I want something neutral, black, white, or tan/brown/kahki but again, I just don't know. Any good concept would be greatly appreciated. I really just kind of want a finished room. and a black damask duvet cover and white gauze curtains aren't doing it for me. I was thinking about just making two separate sets of bedding/curtains/cushion covers but not sure if I want to go through the work of swapping it all out every time I do laundry.
Lost aimless and couldn't fall asleep so started looking around the bedroom and feeling cranky about it.

that's what you see when you walk in the door

that's the next wall

comfy nest of a bed, and I really did love the bright multicoloured fabric I made the pillowcases out of it but that's all there was of it.

and back around to the door

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was happier then with no mindset.
AGFH
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008 09:09:59 PM »

I like the idea of a bigger mat on the floor.
If it were me I would go with black/dark blankets/comforters and either white or tan linens because of the cat. I have some light colored comforters and the cats cover them with dark hair as soon as they hit the bed.
To make it look finished I would get/make curtains that match the bedding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was off to save the world....until I was distracted by something shiny.
beautifulcreature

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008 10:04:32 PM »

I  can't win with pet hair as far as colours go. with the cats it's
2 tortis
2 dark tabbies
1 white
1 white/orane
ferrets-
white
2 sable
1 cinnamon

i put down a dark throw and white fur shows. a light throw and dark fur shows. the orange stands out on almost everything. Got mired in doing nothing. Thank you for posting, kind of motivating to get feedback.. thank ou
THIS ROCKS   Logged

polaris082411
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008 01:24:34 AM »

Wink I like your idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make your home in oritental style!
http://www.discovery5000.com/chanpin.asp
beautifulcreature

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008 04:04:08 PM »

So, I asked for help with the room.. Listened very appreciatively to the responses and then realized this morning I'll likely be moving in the next month or two. And also realized with the obscenely huge piles of fabric I have I should probably use some of that, at least for the time being, even if it's not exactly what I want..
so..

pic showing new floor mat

ended up going with all white bedding since I had so very much white fabric I could make pillow cases, duvet covers, and everything.

better pic of bedding not blacked out by light from window, bed is still cat approved.

not much difference, took down other curtain over door, hung white one. it's kind of visually calmer at least. not as bright and uhm fun. but the bedroom's fairly chaotic as is. covered the floor cushions we'd been using before, those are stacked by the door.

so, that's it. Not sure where I'll be living in the next month or two so I think I give up on doing much for now. Just kind of at a loss, eh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bluecat
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008 09:36:37 PM »

I love love love that floor mat please tell me where you got it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beautifulcreature

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008 01:30:07 AM »

Gotta love Target's sales. My boyfriend looked worried as he realized we were going to go to every store that might possibly have a mat floor mat until I found one I wanted. within the first 20 minutes he was actually asking if maybe we could just go to Michael's Craft Store and I could find the materials to make one. Target saved the day though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Cool Effect For Your Pictures in Photoshop
How to Make Basic Animation in Photoshop
How to Cut a Person or Object from a Picture in Photoshop
How to Use And Create Actions in Photoshop
How to Make a Grunge Background in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...