A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: No More Magknits  (Read 2305 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

quiquesmom

I love this show

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2008 07:19:52 PM »

They've closed the doors.  That's sad. Sad
http://www.magknits.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008 07:47:49 PM »

You can find patterns you missed by using the Wayback Machine - http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://magknits.com
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008 07:48:38 PM by soozeq » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Dinosaurus Meg

I wish I was a wolpertinger.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008 07:58:31 PM »

Yeah what's up with that? I am sad too mostly because I have never been to magknits. I went today because I finally had a reason to go check it out and now it's gone...

WTF, my sistas, WTF.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey Fiber People: I am very interested in personal swaps for painted/dyed roving or top. I can swap supplies or crafted items. Let's talk!

Every body wants a rock to wind a piece of string around.
honeydew
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008 10:10:40 PM »

I caught the tail end of a thread on Ravelry with ppl griping about not getting stuff they'd ordered and paid for from Hipknits (also run by Kerrie Allman who did Magknits), and it sounded like she was just completely overwhelmed by her new baby, growing Hipknits and the other print mag she started - Yarn Forward.  Sounds like she may have decided to pull the plug on one to maintain sanity (and/or solvency).

I liked Magknits as well, if only b/c so many of its patterns were offbeat. 

Best wishes to Kerrie and her family. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlebluegirl
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008 02:57:46 AM »

That's really sad. I liked MagKnits a lot and there were things I kept meaning to knit!  Thanks for the Wayback Machine link, but it doesn't seem to be working at the moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jax3303
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008 05:50:52 AM »

It sucks that magknits is gone now, but since Kerri was not able to reasonably fulfill her business obligations, Im glad she cut down. Maybe now she can concentrate on finally fulfilling what she owes people. She was getting called out on Ravelry for not paying designers, and for customers who ordered from her hipknits site never getting their orders (and never getting refunds or promised replacements). People called her on her excuses, so we now have no magknits. I think it just sucks for the designers, especially those in this months issue. Not even they were given any warning that Kerri was taking down magknits. Luckally, most of them are self publishing their patterns on their blogs or uploading them to ravelry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LittleJoi
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008 06:42:59 AM »

Oh No! I just bought some yarn from Joanns yesterday so I could knit my boyfriend a scarf using one of there patterns and now its gone  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: Sweet crafty goodness from me to you http://www.deliciousstitches.blogspot.com/
soozeq
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008 08:14:18 AM »

That's really sad. I liked MagKnits a lot and there were things I kept meaning to knit!  Thanks for the Wayback Machine link, but it doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

Maybe a lot of people are using it; it only goes up August last year I found out....
You can google `magknits (pattern name)' and click on the cache link and that will get you the pattern. Possibly not pictures and charts, but it still accesses the page.

There's another thread on Ravelry asking for designers to link their patterns in it, so people can find them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
auntiem
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008 12:55:05 PM »

I'm so sad! The last couple of things I knitted were from patterns from MagKnits. I liked it better than knitty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Caitak
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008 01:07:42 PM »

Oh No! I just bought some yarn from Joanns yesterday so I could knit my boyfriend a scarf using one of there patterns and now its gone  Sad

Which scarf was it? I've got a bunch of the patterns saved as word documents if you want Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Coffee Cups Designed with Little Creatures Inside
Julia Morgan and the Ecole Des Beaux-Arts
Using Design Passion to Make the World Better - Ross Floate
Thinking For a Living Working in Design - Ross Floate
How Hands On Experience Shapes Design Career Path - Ross Floate
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...