A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,907
Currently Running With Scissors:
541 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: pretty in pink tank KAL  (Read 2758 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jewells68
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008 08:23:08 PM »

I cast on exactly a week ago today and just posted a WIP photo on my blog: http://jewells68.livejournal.com/ .

I am loving how soft this yarn is and how it is knitting up. I'm right at about 8-9 inches I think, maybe a little more, I just eyeballed it. It looks really narrow, but the ribbing has some major give, so I'm confident it will fit me, if not it will go to my 11yo daughterm who is a couple of adult dress sizes smaller than I am. So far though I'm loving how this is turning out.

Mooshie, when do we get to see your finished pics?? How's everyone else doing on theirs?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008 06:57:22 PM by jewells68 - Reason: Added photo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
HalloweenNut
When goths get old...

Keeping Halloween in my heart year-round

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008 04:32:49 AM »

That's looking great, jewells!!  Nice work - I love the colorway!! 

I've been slightly stalled on mine, since the last couple of weeks at work have been a bit hectic - all I've really wanted to do when I get home is zone out and/or sleep.  I'm on vacation this week, though (YAY - first one since last October!!!), so I've promised myself that I'm going to spend part of it finishing knitting projects.  This is third in line (I completed #1 last night), so expect pics in the next few days!!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creepy, kooky, mysterious, spooky, altogether ooky.
http://www.wists.com/HalloweenNut
jewells68
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008 05:12:20 AM »

Oh, wow, that's a long time without a vacation. Sounds like you really deserve one! Good luck finishing your projects this week, can't wait to see them! And thanks for the encouraging words...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooshie
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008 11:49:42 AM »

oh goodness! I totally forgot to post the pic I took of my tank when I got it done! I'm sorry!  anyway here it is fresh off the needles. I didn't even block it or anything.  just tossed it on over the shirt I had on LOL

how are your tanks comming? I'd love to see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jewells68
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008 05:26:21 AM »

Hey, it looks great, and I love the colorway! And actually I really like it over another shirt, like a corset-style vest or something. I'm currently on what I'm assuming is the boobage area, after the ribbing where there's some ribbing and some stockinette, just a few rounds before the first round with bindoffs. So maybe I'll finish and post this weekend, depending on how much time I have to knit. I did just score a set of LOTR dvds, so maybe some intense knitting is coming soon. Wink

I'd take a picture now, because when my DH last put the camera "away" he put it on a shelf I can't reach! So I'll need him to get it down for me a find a new place to keep it. (he's almost a foot taller than I am!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jewells68
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008 07:22:50 PM »

Ok so I finished my tank today.

My 11yo dd is modeling. ALthough the sweater does actually fit me, it just looks wonky on me, so I'm going to let the model have it. However, she's obviously not a 40" chest, and the back is awfully low on her.

So I decided to make an additional strap exactly the same as called for in the pattern, only shorter, and put it across the back to keep the straps from falling off her.

So, this was a very easy knit, but I have some issues. I chose the M (40-42" bust). I think I made the straps too long, even on me they are so low a bra would show, and my girls need a bra, no question about that. The size I knit called for 11" straps. Those were too short, so I kept knitting to 13". Apparently that was too long. Also, the pattern didn't really give any instructions on attaching the straps, so I guessed, and I think I should have moved them a little more toward the middle of the back. Also, the bind offs were all in knit stitch. While I think that works for the front, and makes for a very nice edge there, I think it would fit better if you bind off the back ribbing in the actual ribbing stitch. It would give a little more. In addition, I would like the straps to be a little wider. Oh, and when you start working on the straps, the count the pattern gives for the bindoffs to start the strap sections is off, at least for this size anyway. I  followed it exactly because, being my first sweater, I though I should trust in the pattern, but you end up with the straps not matching up symmetrically over the ribbing.

So if I make another for myself, I would pick the same size, but would make some alterations. I would increase a couple of times on each side when you start the stockinette area on the front, I would move the straps in from the side more toward the middle and would make them a tad wider. The cast on amount was perfect for the ribbed body however. Oh, and I would try to make the straps the right length. I still may shorten them for my dd, but the cross strap I added helps tremendously. I would take them in until I wash it however as it may shrink a bit.

All in all, I am pleased with the end result, even if I don't get to wear it myself. And now I can finally say I knit my first sweater. Now I just have to decide what to knit next!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Insta-Makeover: Jason Wu Inspired Makeup
Insta-Makeover: The Perfect Makeup Style for Rounded Eye Shape
Insta-Makeover: The Perfect Makeup Style for Almond Shaped Eyes
How to Do Your Makeup in 5 Minutes
How to Wear Lace in Sumer
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...