A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
553 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bunny Hat!  (Read 4848 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mickey McMickerson

ladies is pimps too

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2005 04:41:12 AM »

I haven't made this hat, but I made a teddy bear once, and I just embroidered the face with the cheapest stuff I could find that wasn't itchy or ugly. Since it won't really be in contact with the baby's head you have a little more leeway, I would think. As for the blocking, I imagine you could just pin the piece to something (like foam or a pillow) in the shape that you want and then spray it with water. I'm sure someone who has actually made the hat will be able to tell you more precisely though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some of these mornings and it won't be long
You're gonna wake up calling me and I'll be gone
Ananas
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2005 07:38:21 AM »

I just finished the bunny hat, sans bunny.

It's the same body, but with a little nub on top instead of bunny ears. It was a shower gift for my husband's cousin and everyone loved it.

There's a pic in my blog (link below, in signature).

The only question I have about the pattern is this: Is the back of the earflap bit supposed to stick out? It looks a little like a fireman's hat. Would blocking have fixed this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yarnfarmr
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2005 05:08:08 AM »

These posts have really helped me as I'm working on this hat...  Question for the designer....  Are the sizes pretty true?  Do you think the hat you knitting up for your son will fit him at 12 mos?  I'm knitting this hat up a commissioned project for a new baby in a friend's family.  This baby lives in Chicago was born a month or so ago... So basically I'm wondering if the hat is going to fit the baby's head when winter rolls around?  Should I make the bigger size, anyone???  The photos of the side view of the hat really helped me understand the construction!  Thanks, again.  Any feedback would be wonderful...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenrsmall
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2005 07:09:37 AM »

Hello yarnfarmer!

The smaller size in the book is a little big for a newborn and fit my son best at about 4 months old.  I have not test knitted the larger size (the pattern editor did the larger size), so I can't vouch for it, but I think for a 12-month-old you should do the larger.  I must say though that the wool-cotton has stretched quite a bit and the hat probably still fits my son now at 8-months.  If you want to do it as a 12 and up hat do the larger size.  If you want it to work for the fall I am sure the smaller size would be fine.

Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ysolda
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2005 09:59:07 AM »

my friend ellie saw this pattern in the book and insisted I make her an adult sized one for her birthday. I just followed the directions for the larger size but knitted it in bulkier yarn with 4.5mm needles and made any measurements given in inches bigger.
it looks pretty scary in black with a white face - i wouldn't make it in this colour combo for a baby but it was what ellie wanted so....
http://ysolda.me.uk/knitting/bunnyhat.jpg
(thats me not ellie wearing it by the by)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012 02:18:24 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting patterns and all sorts of  crafty adventures: http://ysolda.me.uk
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Quick Tips to Fight Frizzy Hair
Hair How To: The Gatsby Girl Look
How to Style Balayage Highlights
Messy Updos Are in This Summer
How Liz Vaccariello Maintains Her Bountiful Bangs
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...