A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
472 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Jar of Mini Whimsies Swap Gallery  (Read 36137 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2008 12:49:35 PM »

Yup - 2 L soda bottle!  Drove my poor hubby nuts.  "How did she get that all in there?"

He thought it was just one more bizarre Craftster thing he would never understand  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
aimee_ant123
« Reply #271 on: May 13, 2008 08:36:24 PM »

oh im glad you liked everything!!  the girl scout patches i actually found at a yard sale.  i couldnt believe the girl was getting rid of them so i had to buy them.  there were a ton of them i only put a few in the bottle.  yeah everyone at work was amazed at how i fit everything in the bottle too Smiley  and i didnt know you collected smooshed pennies.  I had that one made at the Opry Mills Mall in Nashville TN.  The have a "penny smoosher" at the bass pro shop there. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #272 on: May 14, 2008 07:01:06 PM »

Yup - 2 L soda bottle!  Drove my poor hubby nuts.  "How did she get that all in there?"

He thought it was just one more bizarre Craftster thing he would never understand  Wink

I was just about to ask the same question! Impressive bottle stuffing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
lelila
geek.

nerd love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2008 02:23:10 PM »

Well... I was hoping my partner would post pictures of the jar I sent her, but I don't think she's going to.  Cry

I took pictures of all the stuff before I put it in the jar, but I forgot to get one of the fully-stuffed jar.  It was cute, though!

And here's the earrings and bracelet I made her

I hope she'll post her pics sometime, too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will private swap for handspun yarn!

My wists.

KER+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Bam++@ Syn+@ Wool+(+)@ Stash++ Scale- Fin--  Ent+ Tex++ Lace++ Int-@ Flat++ Circ+(-) DPN+ !Swatch-- FO+ WIP++ W+@ ALTSw(++)
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #274 on: May 17, 2008 08:05:46 AM »

Love the little action figures! Very cool looking beads and buttons, too. I love the bracelet and earring set you made- I never think to make bracelets with more than one strand, but this one could make me re-think that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
wildwoodflwr
« Reply #275 on: May 19, 2008 07:09:17 AM »

My original partner never posted pictures of what I sent her and I forgot to take any...but trust me, it was awesome.

I received my package from chanemza on friday and boy howdy is it nice!  Grin

This was laying on the top when I opened up the package.  How did you know I'm ALWAYS losing sewing needles?  Tongue I never can find any when I need them.

Inside the package was a large package of spanish moss and YARN!!  Which I forgot to snap a picture of. I did get the yarn in a shot with all the stuff from the jar which I pulled out next!

And inside:

There are BUTTONS! I love buttons! A cross-stitch kit (which was inside the box, not the jar lol), a cute vintage H (my name starts with an H), a sweet thing of puppies in bed (which my husband thought was the cutest thing and played with it for an hour), small cross-stitch frames, some embroidery thread,  a stamp (with a flower motif), beads, ribbon, artifical flowers (sweet flowers, some of my favorite kinds!), and a really sweet gift for my mom:

Motorcycle jewelry! See, in my correspondence, chanemza asked me if I liked motorcycles and while I don't, my mom does.  She has always kept her motorcycle license even though she hasn't owned one in quite a few years.  The same day I got my package, my parents also arrived for the weekend and my mom was tickled to have received such a kind gift from someone who doesn't even know her.

And last, but definitely not least, a Florida keepsake from chanemza's home-state to my current state. 

It's no fun living in a land locked state, so this is a nice thing to have to remind me of blue skies and blue seas.

Thanks so much for everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chanemza
Your temper brings dishonor to my happy mushu palace.

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: May 19, 2008 07:26:55 AM »

I'm so glad you liked everything Smiley

The tin is from work (sewing/fabric shop = HEAVEN!).  It was in a little basket with the needle cards, and I figured it would be fun for a future altered project.

Buttons are vintage from my boyfriend's late step-mother.  All are at LEAST 10-30 years old.

So happy your mom liked it!  I thought they were a kick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chanemza
Your temper brings dishonor to my happy mushu palace.

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: May 19, 2008 07:37:23 AM »

By the way:

HUGE thanks to Penlowe and RubyTuesday for doing this swap!  It truly must have been an enormous undertaking with the number of people involved and it was handled beautifully (did anyone know this was Penlowe's first time co-moderating?!)!  Great job, gals.  It was a blast, and such fun to make new friends.  Also, as a first-time swapper, they were wonderful in handling my barrage of questions and swap-anxiety Smiley

This is definitely one to do again and again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

camelama
« Reply #278 on: May 19, 2008 08:59:22 AM »

THE PUPPIES!   Cannot... type... for the cuteness.... 

Great jar! 

And yes, thanks to the organizers - I loved my jar, I've already used quite a few items from it in crafts, and I had a lot of fun with making mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
RubyTuesday
« Reply #279 on: May 19, 2008 09:23:28 AM »

Wow Chanemza, that's a jar and a half of whimsie goodness, what a wonderful angel package Cheesy  thanks so much for being the swap angel :-)

KarenLouiseM has kindly agreed to swap with Silverwing because her partner flaked on her -and then the swap should be all finished up  Smiley

I hope everyone enjoyed it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What It Looks Like When Old "Dallas" Meets New
Tips For Updating Your Fall Look
The Perfect Bridesmaid Makeup by House of Harper
Melt Proof Your Makeup with Primer
5 Sun Protection Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...