A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
385 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Jar of Mini Whimsies Swap Gallery  (Read 35764 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2008 07:44:38 AM »

PeachesEveryday- That bluebird is adorable, as are the little bears! And, I always admire folks who can do such neat things with polymer clay on such a small scale.

lucy van pelt- That's such a cute jar cover! And, I love that Christmas stamp (American Lung Association?) and the Kwik-E-Mart sign. Looks like there are lots of other goodies in there, too!

lapoli- What a cool collection of goodies! I love the miniatures and the neat fibers. Cool key and buttons, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
aimee_ant123
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2008 01:52:36 PM »

chinemza- thanks for the explanation on the flower fairies that helped alot...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gossamer_gull
« Reply #202 on: April 27, 2008 02:50:35 PM »

Awesome whimsies, everyone! And some of the photos themselves are pieces of art. I'm geeking out about the colorful displays and beautifully balanced compositions!

I have a few of those YOUR NAME HERE fake credit cards sitting here with me trying to think of something to do with them.  ANd I have more in other places waiting for the same thing  Would you like them for your card cozies?

~the paramecium-thing is definitely going to make an appearance under a certian ManFlesh's pillow (installed when I cat sit this weekend)

~I must find a way to mount that "Digenstant System" on the side of my stacking washer/dryer, perhaps magnet.

~Gossamer_gull, is that a real wishbone?

Ooo...more YOUR NAME HERE cards!...You're enabling me in my credit-card cozy habit! Wink

As for the paramecial prankage, I'm glad I can help wreak havoc in your relationship from all the way across the country! Given how weird that thing feels, not to mention its odd appearance, I can't imagine the poor guy's reaction to finding it under his pillow.

Some craft stores have thin magnetic sheets with adhesive on one side; you could probably cut those with an exacto knife and use them to mount the "digestant" system. That, by the way, was probably the most serendipitous find for me; I found it in a $ store about 2/10 of a mile from my apartment. My husband and I stopped in to pick up a roll of paper towels, and I found it in the short craft/toy aisle. There were more (in different colors) if you're interested.

And finally: yes, that is indeed a real wishbone. It isn't from a turkey I've made or eaten or anything. Bizarrely, I picked up a bunch of them at a flea market ages ago. Apparently the vendor had been stock-piling wishes, only to end up selling them for a song. Cheesy

Anyway, please do post pictures of that truly awesome ATC you made, as well as anything else you photographed. The jar was truly beautiful, and I loved all the goodies inside!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2008 03:25:00 PM »

My partner, kristen219, received her whimsies a few days ago, but between working crazy hours and a non-functioning camera, she hasn't been able to post pics...so I'm posting for her! Wink

Sorry for the glut of pics...I don't have a group shot of everything...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2008 05:05:33 PM »

I'm posting some shots of the jar I sent gossamer_gull since she doesn't have a way to do so.

The wrapped jar (made the drawstring bag)

Most of the in-jar whimsies

At the end of this post I will finally share my funny whimsie shopping story - involving the jokers.

Container within a container:

The coins I got in the Czech Republic last spring.

The out of jar whimsies:

As she mentioned earlier, when we were discussing allergies and such she said about the only thing that would hurt was a hand grenade.  I did a little happy dance when I found this little 1cm hand grenade!

Now, The Joker Story.  Gossamer_gull likes playing cards, especially jokers so I decided to try to find as many of those that I could.  I raided all my decks of cards, hit up a friend and then when I was at one of my whimsie sources, the Goodwill Outlet (where there are huge bins of everything and you pay by-the-pound) I kept finding open decks scattered about.  I got a couple that way and a couple out of deck there that weren't scattered - it's surprising how many people seem to get rid of the jokers from their decks.  So I came upon a boxed, but unsealed deck that looked to be a WWE themed deck and thought "Eureka! I hope the joker is there."  As I'm pulling out the deck to look through it (and for some reason this is happening in slow motion) I see by the upper corner it's the joker!  YEY!  And then I see the whole card and that buff guy isn't a professional wrestler!  He's naked and happy to see me!  YIKES!  I shoved 'em back in there so fast I'm surprised I didn't get a paper cut!  "Act natural, T.  No one saw.  Breeeeathe."  I didn't think I knew my polite partner well enough to include such a thing in her jar and didn't want to spoil any surprises by asking, but I did buy the deck (which is complete) and if she wants to add this guy to her collection (glorious 80s hair band hair and turquoise tank top) she can PM me and it will stay just between us.

The Joker Story: Part 2
The weekend following that find, The Manflesh and I went to his sister's mountain cabin where we often play cribbage.  I'm the one with the cribbage boards, so I was assigned bringing the supplies.  So, I totally brought that deck and sneakily dealt the first hand and hehehehehe - what a great reaction!  "Uh!" [throws down hand]  Good times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty_rach
« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2008 05:08:21 PM »

Okay, finally able to post pics of my jar!!

I, umm, got too excited to open it and didn't take pics of everything when it was inside the jar  Embarrassed

Here is everything, note the cool jar that is like one of those old fashioned flip top ones, but in plastic!!
There were ribbons, shells, stickers, rubber stamps, felt stars (I love stars!!), buttons, resin pieces (ohhh, resin), ladybirds, jewellery findings, beading wire, the most awesome range of cool charms and the beads...

soooo many beads!! I am going to have so much fun sorting these into my little containers, and then making things with them!!

Thanks ChloeCat, this swap was so fun!!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008 05:10:46 PM by crafty_rach » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SampsonsLynnie
Now Presenting...

Supergeek

« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2008 05:16:55 PM »

Now, The Joker Story.  Gossamer_gull likes playing cards, especially jokers so I decided to try to find as many of those that I could.  I raided all my decks of cards, hit up a friend and then when I was at one of my whimsie sources, the Goodwill Outlet (where there are huge bins of everything and you pay by-the-pound) I kept finding open decks scattered about.  I got a couple that way and a couple out of deck there that weren't scattered - it's surprising how many people seem to get rid of the jokers from their decks.  So I came upon a boxed, but unsealed deck that looked to be a WWE themed deck and thought "Eureka! I hope the joker is there."  As I'm pulling out the deck to look through it (and for some reason this is happening in slow motion) I see by the upper corner it's the joker!  YEY!  And then I see the whole card and that buff guy isn't a professional wrestler!  He's naked and happy to see me!  YIKES!  I shoved 'em back in there so fast I'm surprised I didn't get a paper cut!  "Act natural, T.  No one saw.  Breeeeathe."  I didn't think I knew my polite partner well enough to include such a thing in her jar and didn't want to spoil any surprises by asking, but I did buy the deck (which is complete) and if she wants to add this guy to her collection (glorious 80s hair band hair and turquoise tank top) she can PM me and it will stay just between us.

The Joker Story: Part 2
The weekend following that find, The Manflesh and I went to his sister's mountain cabin where we often play cribbage.  I'm the one with the cribbage boards, so I was assigned bringing the supplies.  So, I totally brought that deck and sneakily dealt the first hand and hehehehehe - what a great reaction!  "Uh!" [throws down hand]  Good times.

That is PRICELESS. I could think of a few friends of mine (and myself), that would have a hay day with that deck!

craftADDchick  - I haven't seen one of those push pencils forever! I used to have tons of them!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GougeAway
Have a savage love for reckless wonder...

Celebrate Your Vices!!

« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2008 07:22:56 PM »

Here is my jar from meshelltakeone!

She painted a bird on it:

The jar (before opening) at different angles:

The contents:

Close ups of some of my favorites:

Thanks for the jar!  I had a lot of fun with this swap!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for Personal Swaps!

http://craftycuriosities.blogspot.com/
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2008 08:11:01 PM »

GougeAway, when I first saw your jar, I thought it was full of candy Wink Neat stuff inside!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

penguino
« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2008 09:32:25 PM »

I received from Penguino! I am so spoiled! Lets look at all my goodies.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/IMG_2081.JPG

Here is the jar right out of the box. It is guarded by a happy little blue bird.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/IMG_2102.JPG

This is all my goodies at once! The flower is a pen! Also take note of the excellent assortment of beads, the rubber stamps, well ...note everything.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/IMG_2084.JPG

These are the polymer beads that Penguino made! She is so talented! Don't you just love the bunny?
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/IMG_2094.JPG

These are two miniature bear debutant sisters. They stopped to take a picture on their way out to an opera fund raiser for orphans.

Thank you, Penguino! You are awesome! I can't wait for you to get your jar. I hope you like it. (I think you will)

I am glad that you like the whimsies. 

I got the blue bird from one of SSS, but can't remember each one.  My jar is a bit smaller, so I hang stuff from the decorative cover. 

It is good that you like the polymer clay bead.  I enjoy making them.  And I make them in batches. You can use them as charm or string them into jewelry.

Also I filled the jar with beads. 

Here is the descriptions on the loose beads:  The chip beads are jade, rainbow flouride, sodalite.  The big chunky glass beads are seaglass.  The round 6mm, 8mm beads are multi stone or glass beads.  There are also some procelain turtle and ceramic flower beads.

The beads in baggie are just misc glass beads and E-beads.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Glass Calligraphist Hayat Gul
Meet Muralist Michelle Ortiz
Making a Mural with Michelle Ortiz
Meet Young Manga Artist Lilly Cernak
Manga Artist Lilly Cernak at Work
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...