A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Jar of Mini Whimsies Swap Gallery  (Read 40903 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Now Presenting...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2008 02:02:02 PM »

And don't forget, the old phones can still be useful!

When the power goes out, all your cordless phones etc won't work.  So keep an old style phone around to plug in.  Of course, the rotary phones won't dial out on some networks these days, as the pulse-tones are phased out of use - but you can always receive calls on them!  So an old push-button phone is of good use too, for dialing out during power outages.

(I know, I know, "use your cell phone!".  But does your cell always have full power?  I know I forget and let mine get really low! And you can't charge it up during a power outage! Hee)

We no longer have a landline here at my house, we exclusivly use our cells. However, we do keep a land phone around, because if you plug one into the jack, you won't have a dial tone or anything, but you can still dial 911. The same goes with cell phones that are no longer in service... So it's not a bad idea to keep those things around. The women's shelter in Lawrence takes donations of old phones for just this purpose.

*Sparkle* *Sparkle*

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2008 02:14:53 PM »

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Cheesy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2008 06:40:57 PM »

Oh yeah - I have one of those old crank phones too.  It however doesn't work  Smiley.  (It's one of the smaller ones, kind of like a box, with a crank on one side and two bells on the front.)  I love it.  My grandparents (my religious grandparents) stole it along with one of the larger crank style phones from an old abandoned farmhouse while they were traveling through Iowa once. 

My 40s style phone was bought at a yard sale for $3.  Then I took it to a guy here in town that fixes phones and he wired it so I can plug it into the new phone jacks for only $20!  It rings SO loud that we had to move it out of the bedroom because if it rang while we were asleep it scared us silly.

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
Pirate Queen

Rock on the dock and never stop.

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2008 06:50:40 PM »

I'm not going to lie, folks, I'm pretty happy with myself. I had my jar filled up to the top, and today I went out and bought something for my partner that takes up about half my jar. Yet, with some clever re-organizing and a lot of CRAMMING, I fit everything! Yay!!

Planning on sending out tomorrow. Smiley Everyone's jars have been b-e-a-utiful so far.

Fearlessly willing to try new crafts ... and usually botching them horribly.
My wists
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2008 06:53:58 PM »

A friend of mine has an old payphone - it took dimes and has been wired to work as a home phone.  I just realized that it's not in use at his house (now that he's married with 2 kids and a new house) - I'm going to have to ask him about it.

AND speaking of oldies:

[sung to the tune of Leaving On A Jet Plane]
My box is packed
it's ready to go
it's standing there
beside my door
can't wait to pick it up to say goodbye

I'll ship tomorrow and send the DC# to all appropriate parties.  And yes, in fact, Peter, Paul and Mary is a little before my time, but not so much that I didn't pick up a bit as a kid.

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb & http://www.etsy.com/shop/GreatBigBeautifulDog

2013 Projects Completed: 61
'14: 42 (at least)
'15: 54
Your temper brings dishonor to my happy mushu palace.

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2008 07:58:07 PM »

Ok, sending tomorrow.  I'm having to distract myself so i don't keep finding stuff to put in!  Not sure if the lid will stay on!  One thing's for sure, there isn't any room for joggling around, so I'm pretty certain it'll get there all in one piece.  Sending tomorrow morning, and will have DC's Smiley

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2008 08:21:47 PM »

Junwin, may i ask is that you in your avatar holding a packet of sanitary napkins?

Yes! I found them on vacation at a dollar store, I didn't have the luggage room to take them home so we took a picture. Yes, my name is Julie

I will be out of town June 11-20 with limited computer access. (Be patient with me, I'm on the beach!)
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2008 08:24:00 PM »

I snuck off to entertain myself with the completely filled-to-the-rim jar of goodies that was sent to me by camelama.

The contents of the jar for me to sort through, play with, and enjoy!

The most amazing lavender sachets in the shape of hearts.  She makes her own organic lavender filling and it smells like the relaxation pillows at the high end spas!  beaded bracelets, wine charms with a tropical motif (for my tropical home), colorful wood flower and bead necklace that the younger girls I substitute teach for will go crazy over, a Seattle keychain (cool!), dragonfly pin....

A large collection of the cutest japanese food erasers - food packages, sushi, and little pocky's - love these!!!  And the funniest little signs that seem to say 'no sleeping at your desk' and 'no spying on people'?

...the cutest collection of little figures of kinda creepy cute kids in costume and other cute figures, mini devil ducks, ninjas, koi and puffer fish, cutie cat clips, great charms and the cutest set of magnets with inanimate objects that have faces. 
plus buttons, beads, flat glass marbles, stickers and more!
Amazing!  This was such a fun swap to give and to receive!!!

visit my etsy shop
my quirky crafty blog of things I make and cool things and sites I find
Art could be ever so funny if it wasn't such a deadly serious business.

« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2008 09:34:05 PM »

I received from Lovely Lesley!  Here is the loot:

The little sax is metal and way cute.  There were ribbons, pencils, stickers, buttons, sequins, hair clips and pez included!

and my favorite item:

He stands about 1.5 inches high.

check out my blog at www.prettylittlethings.com
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2008 11:24:52 PM »

My jar got here this afternoon from crafty_rach..
The loot

Close up of the tea set:

I really like my jar of whimsies,my cat just had to sniff the teacup,she could not help herself,she loves tea.The cats eyes buttons i have been looking for a long time too, thanks so much crafty_rach. Grin
I forgot to add this one.

Some more links with bigger pictures.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008 01:07:10 AM by Chloecat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to do swap im after Alova Suede,will do personal swap with Usa in exchange for fabric.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tri Colored Baked Mac and Cheese
How to Make BBQ Beef in a Crockpot
Jersey Breakfast Recipe
Roasted Chicken Recipe
How to Make Tuna Salad
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...