A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rejection Letters!!!!  (Read 2789 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sophia
« on: February 05, 2004 10:45:10 AM »

Right now I am looking for a job and am receiving lots of "thanks, but no thanks" letters from potential employers!!! I was thinking it would be cool to recycle these into something useful! So, any ideas? The letters are mainly on white paper, and A4 (full size?)!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pseudola

what was i saying?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004 11:10:34 AM »

you can always save them to print in your memoirs when you are horribly rich/famous.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
susank
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004 11:21:04 AM »

I worked a horrible part time, evening shift, temp job processing packets to make a machine's job easier, for a bank.  I saved a few things that reminded me of the greed of the company and their lack of concern for their employees, and made a shrine to it.  It helped me through a very dark period.

Here's a version of the shrine, analagous to your situation.  Use the rejection letters to collage or decoupage the outside of a box (preferably with lid, and cover that too).  

On the inside of the box, put symbols of what you're really looking for-- that great job with a higher purpose, compassionate employers, good benefits.  Add some glitter.  Put some offerings inside, or leave them at the box's threshhold.

I made mini candle holders by dripping wax from the wrong ends of birthday candles, using that to affix them to coins (perfect for that bank job).  Then the candles can burn all the way down w/o harming anything.

Good luck!  You will find a job.  I think you already have a great attitude by wanting to use those letters in a cathartic way.

--susan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

udandi

www.udandi.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004 11:32:17 AM »

I created a "coffee table" book entitled Dear Applicant

It is a full of all my rejection letters with my comments about each company on post-it notes and I look at it and crack up.  Like the company that sent me two rejections letters within a day and with different signatures for the same person.  Or the letter that seemed to beat me home from the interview, it arrived the morning after my interview!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---
short attention span projects at http://www.udandi.com
NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004 11:47:50 AM »

Aren't form letters lovely?  I like the coffee table book.  

Here's what I ended up doing with my old resumes which were on nice paper.  I made a pad of paper out of them.  Pretty boring but works as a phone pad.  I did make a funky cover for it so it wasn't too boring.  The paper also works well for testing out my paints.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CircusManager220
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004 05:22:53 PM »

Well I will soon be recieving a few rejection letters from colleges, so I will be needing ideas too.

I was thinking of maybe make a "Hopeless Coffee Table" Mod Podge the letters onto the table that I have and when I finally get accepted, I can paste it on the top with something accenting it around the edges or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am Washable
cloudbreakchick

We're all one of a kind, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004 05:58:48 PM »

That reminds me of my "beautiful lady collection"...  I'm cutting out pictures from magazines of what the culture deems to be pretty (thin, great hair, all the things that make girls hate other girls)...   then I'll put it onto a collage, and put my picture right on top, so my picture is the only one that's whole...   Basically saying that I'm prettier than all the rest, lol...

It makes for a positive thing that overrides the negative.   Go for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's late, and I've been wondering...  How I can stay awake so long and miss so much...

http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/CraftCycle
senor coconut

I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004 06:58:37 PM »

I saved the letter I got firing me from Disney. It is in my career shoice from HELL scrapbook. The very last page. My hire letter at the front and my 'You're Fired" letter at the end. Fitting. I was fired in the "Eisner is cutting back on everything but his salary" cutbacks of 2000. I hope he gets voted out and he becomes a penniless vagrant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Si Non Oscillas Noli Tintinnare
(If you aint swingin', don't bother ringin.)
thecynthesizer

No llamas, but I've got goats and sheep

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004 08:02:53 AM »

Hmm, I'll be getting some college rejection/acceptance letters soon too....bookmarks maybe?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are not alive yesterday, you are not alive tommorrow, but you're alive at the moment; if you can grab something for that moment...you have a chance." - Johnny X
CircusManager220
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004 08:27:37 AM »

That reminds me of my "beautiful lady collection"...  I'm cutting out pictures from magazines of what the culture deems to be pretty (thin, great hair, all the things that make girls hate other girls)...   then I'll put it onto a collage, and put my picture right on top, so my picture is the only one that's whole...   Basically saying that I'm prettier than all the rest, lol...

It makes for a positive thing that overrides the negative.   Go for it!

I LOVE THIS IDEA! I am going to do that... Maybe my dad will approve of me then...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am Washable
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Mila Kunis Look
How to Get a Great Wedding Guest Look
The Fashion Industry Needs To Nix Body Labels
How to Give Your Wardrobe a Summer Makeover for Less
How to Get a Stylish Festival Wardrobe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...