A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
792 Guests and 44 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: chair of discontent to stool for snugglejammies  (Read 1714 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beautifulcreature

give me all your shinies, please.

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2008 10:38:10 PM »

much tension with boyfriend. Went for walking meditation<read this as walked out of apartment as calmly as possible to stay away until i could interact like a civilised human being rather than raw ball of emotion> immediately found... a chair by the dumpster!

well. a sort of broken chair. with one leg separated from the rest. and a side spindle missing... hmmm.

but that's ok. because i'd wanted a place for my boyfriend to put his pj's.. somewhere other than the floor.. and i have a jigsaw, drill, dowels, wood glue, wood putty, sandpaper, and glossy black spray paint to cover a multide of sins. also had some tan material to cover up the clear vinyl over scary white dirty print. how'd it get dirty UNDER the vinyl?
 but. after 2 hours, a pear cider, and a disagreement with one of my cats-

not really cool like some projects here but at least i did SOMETHING. i feel like my brain and hands have atrophied lately with apathy and inertia. maybe that's a source of my discontent and the grumbling at my best beloved? oh well, it got me out of the apartment long enough to find something to play with. so. yeay. i did something. and now cozy comfy PJs have a place to live while they wait for snuggle time.

by the way, the cat won.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008 10:45:00 PM by beautifulcreature » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was happier then with no mindset.
hell_kitten
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008 11:21:01 PM »

That looks awesome! I love how you used the chair back on it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meow.
marmota-b

Tove Jansson's ghost was the first craftster...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008 12:10:26 AM »

Good, old chair found a new use!
Cats always win in this sort of battles. You can beat it in a staring contest, though. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://marmota-b.blogspot.com

And my original Czech blog, nowadays updated VERY occasionally...
http://marmota-b.blog.cz
beautifulcreature

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008 12:29:06 AM »

HellKitten- don't give me too much credit, the decorative backbit was already there Wink i did have to repair it and use some of the pieces i whacked and sawed off to reinforce the underside but the shape was already there. i actually gave up the thought of shaping a bit to match the missing part and just cut off the part that didn't have it's mate and reinforced the joins on the underside... ermmm oops too much explanation..

Marmota- Poor Piper's got some eye issues, little fellow has a cone all his own that i think is going back on since he's getting squinty again. time for another round of treatment. it is nice to win a staring contest with at least one of the buggers though even if he's got to be handicapped for me to win. Wink

thanks for the comments you two, waiting for my boyfriend to get home from a nightshift and sort of wondering what he'll think. i'm awful shy about just doing or making things in front of other people or having things i make seen. shy. shy. shy. he's been living here 10 months, he's a sweetheart and still i wonder if he'll just say, "what in god's name is that?" it's nice to hear something positive. it really helps and leaves me wanting to go make something else, ya know?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

polaris082411
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008 11:39:49 PM »

; i admire your idea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make your home in oritental style!
http://www.discovery5000.com/chanpin.asp
beautifulcreature

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008 12:55:20 AM »

Thank ya, Polaris.

And yeay. New little PJ stand warmly responded to. He liked it and professed adoration for me. So I guess maybe I shouldn't be such an idget waiting to hear, "why in God's name did you do THAT?"

On the downside the PJs still ended up on the floor. Apparently it makes a far better place display his new MTG box set. oh well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MainSarahJane
I am what I am, I be what I be.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008 06:30:36 PM »

What a good idea, I have seen chairs that are broken on the back spindles, that would be such a good idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah Wink
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Social Impact Jobs a Design Career Choice
How to Make Design Strategy More Implementation Friendly
Jon Kolko on How to Create Culturally Relevant Designs
Jon Kolko on How Design Careers Are Changing
Jon Kolko on How Testing Improves Design Programs
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...