A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
755 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: traveler swap?  (Read 976 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

youlittlerabbit
« on: April 07, 2008 03:53:09 PM »

so...i'm something of a travel addict and i bet there are others out there.....who is interested in a possible travel swap?

things useful for travel, or commemorating travel, related to our favorite countries or destinations, etc? perhaps crafts we learned in different places? it could include foreign languages too perhaps.

anyone? (it would have to be maybe in the end of may /early june)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

violette28
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008 10:10:21 PM »

This sounds really interesting. I love to travel, although unfortunatley I haven't been that many places (Its hard to travel when your still in high school!).  Embarrassed
Anyway, this summer I get to go to Germany! I cannot wait. It will be my 1st time in Europe.
I would love to hear about some of the places you've been (it sounds like you've been all over!), pm me! I'm facinated by other countries and cultures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
djsemira
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008 06:40:49 AM »

travel swap sounds great!! i've been travelling since i was a little baby,,,it's my passion, my joy,.,,save money to go travellin, yeeha!!  i always keep my tickets,e tc...
my parents love to travel as well, everytime they go i make them a travel journal...or it's fun to read when you travel, so a bookmark is fun too...a disposable camera, nice travelling music, etc..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2619558033118165654
Have a look at my documentary about climate change and what people do to alleviate climate change.  won 2nd prize  Earthvisions '98 filmfest, Santa Cruz
Capt_Jordi

Beachin it up!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008 10:01:08 AM »

I would love to participate! I am going to be traveling a lot over the next few years! I can already think of some great ideas! Keep us updated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

youlittlerabbit
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008 12:08:51 PM »

cool, it's nice to see people are into the idea...i def couldn't do it til mid-may at the earliest....when might be good for others? would anyone be into organizing? i've never done it before....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elvissatx
Bad Girl Upset By The Truth

Ruby, my smart fortwo cabriolet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008 06:00:39 AM »

I travel 2 or 3 times a month for work.  Yeah, it's not super-glam leisure traveling, but perhaps it gives me a different perspective?

I'd love to do a travel swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cool!  I made the Best of 2009 twice!   Check 'em out! 

Yo-Yo Dress of Doom http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299010.0

Smart Santa Hat http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330595.0
sonjabegonia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008 07:52:07 AM »

I also travel quite a bit for work.  I think it would be interesting to include items from recent travels as well as things that make travel a little easier/more fun . . . like a cool organizer for in-flight craft projects, one of those neck pillows, fun slippers/socks, etc. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Twitter - @snelsonchi
djsemira
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008 08:04:09 AM »

too bad we can't bring knitting needles/needles on the plane or scissors...what kind of crafts do you do on the plane now? maybe origami?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2619558033118165654
Have a look at my documentary about climate change and what people do to alleviate climate change.  won 2nd prize  Earthvisions '98 filmfest, Santa Cruz
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008 09:04:46 AM »

I'd be super into this! (Although it totally depends on the timing, and whether I enter too many swaps around then.. haha)

I'm into "imaginary travel" (and thinking about special destinations), and languages... and of course, actual travel! (I'm backpacking Europe for 2 months Sept-Oct... and I'm way too excited about it already)

And it may interest you to know that there was something similar just recently.. here's the gallery for it http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=225634.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

youlittlerabbit
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008 11:41:49 AM »

oh wow, i didn't realize there had been a similar swap recently....maybe folks wanna do a round two. i wish i could organize but i prolly wont be able to for some time....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Long Exposure Photography with Sparkler Fireworks
Professional Photography Equipment Vitals
How to Make a Sepia Tone in Photoshop
World Press Photo Exhibit 2009
World Press Photos Of The Year
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...