A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: weight loss on the go  (Read 3303 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sashafantastique
Snap, crackle, craft!

Lets turn on the juice and see what shakes loose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2005 05:47:25 PM »

I'm on the free-to-poor-college-student-with-part-time-job-plan called, "Unwillingly Anorexic, Zero Points and counting!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gierma
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2005 07:37:38 AM »

I would say for healthy eating. Imagine your plate, and fill it with 1/2 veg, 1/4 protein (lean hence chicken, fish ( you don't eat fish), maybe beans lentils, other high protien veg,) 1/4 starch.

I in general stay away from potatoes, rise and pasta, mainly cause I never liked them anyway, and I have a very non moving job ( programmer). I tend to get starch from other starchy vegetables.

Also you migth consider doing a little bit of exercise every day. I know it seems hard, but a lot of people do the misstake of starting the gym, killing themselves for 3 weeks. And then get injured, ill etc etc etc...

try to do a little every day, it doesn't have to take place in the gym, it's better doing 30 min of fast walking ( so that you get your sweat up) a day then 1.5 hour 2 a week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ayame
Psycho Jrocker

Hurry up hurry up wrist cut show

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005 04:59:15 PM »

=\ I think I'm kind of unhealthy .. lol. I do excercise, and get lots of it weekly, but maybe not enough. I try to eat healthy, but sometimes I'm late and I don't eat breakfast (and by sometimes I mean always). I have a rather large butt and hips. Can anyone help me? Goddess especially, has a really wonderful eating plan - I think I'll try it!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
my velouria
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2005 08:25:08 AM »

I love to have smoothies for a lo-cal breakfast or snack, but I don't like to wake up earlier than I have to. So the night before, I cut up all the fruit (or just use frozen), throw it into the blender, add some fat free yougurt and let it sit in the fridge overnight. (***If you use bananas, they might turn a little brown, but who cares since you're going to blend it up anyway.) Then the next morning, I just add some oj or skim milk and some ice cubes, whizz the whole thing up and enjoy.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005 08:27:12 AM by my velouria » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2005 03:07:01 PM »

One way to go is to make small batches of foods that are good for you and freeze in small serving portions. My mom does this for me with borscht, broccoli cheese rice casserole, breakfast sandwiches, and small blueberry pancakes. It helps a lot for work lunches and quick meals, all you have to do is microwave or reheat in the oven.

Shakes are really good for you. I use silken soft tofu, berries, wheat germ, and fruit juice. I put either maple syrup or honey in mine to sweeten. A good way to save time in the morning is to take an hour out of your weekly time to cut the tofu and berries into bitesize chunks and freeze in little servings for quick pour, blend, and slurp in the morning. Another handy thing is Malt o Meal or Cream of Wheat. Delicious with fruit, sugar, and cinnamon, and full of wonderful vitamins.

I've gotten really fond of sweet potato fries and have finally come up with a perfect technique to make them crispy and delicious. Check out here if you're interested http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=24808.new#new.

Hummus and Better Cheddars is one of my alltime favorite snacks, easy to make and easy to carry Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
Goddess
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2005 01:12:39 AM »

goddess----do you exercise... Huh

I'm too  poor to afford the gym route.. I also need help to rid of my apple shape.

I don't do the gym route either, I am a grad student and I work full time, but I do lift weights at home, do pilates and walk
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpielMitMir
Scary Mary

Where is my mind?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005 04:40:19 AM »

i have been through the a-z of all diets (i mean it - from atkins through to the zone) the only way i can lose weight is through devising my own eating plan. that way i am satisfying MY taste preferences.

if you are into sweet foods, try to incorporate more fruit, sweet veggies and fruit-based salads and cereals into your diet. dont eat nothing but meat and dairy like the atkinds diet encourages.

if you are like me and enjoy all things savoury, try to eat rice crackers or unsalted raw nuts instead of potato and corn chips. rice cakes with hummus or salsa are great, as well as light popcorn.

i cannot stress enough how important it is to eat your veggies RAW. you get the most out of them. if using frozen, lightly steam or boil. canned can also be substituted. if you arent a fan of veggies try to "hide" them in your food (eg. chop a tomato or handful of mushrooms and peppers into pasta sauce, add a cup of lightly boiled frozen cut veggies into plain rice for a little added nutrition).

for you carb addicts (which i am) - eat unrefined, complex carbs. switch to wholegrain bread instead of white or wholemeal. wholemeal pasta and brown rice are great alternatives to white and often taste much better!

the most important thing to remember is to try to make it interesting otherwise you will lose motivation! experiment with herbs and spices - they are your friend. enjoy a little salt with your food (unless your health will not allow it). use commonsense to use alternatives such as oil spray instead of bottled oil, low fat versions of dairy, tuna in water and not oil, water instead of juice or soda.

good luck girl!!! you will feel better after one day of changing your eating habits, or your money back
Grin Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Our God is vengeful! O spiteful one, show me who to smite and they shall be smoten!!!"
natale

Mmmmm... Increased killing power...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2005 09:05:59 PM »

A big thing to losing a few extra pounds is cutting out sodium intake.  Salt/sodium retains water which makes you bloated, and while your body needs a certain amount, it gets all it needs from the foods you eat daily.  Stay away from any potato chips (obviously) and even most canned soups - they're really packed with sodium. 

Start trying to drink as much water as possible.  Doctor's reccommend 8 glasses (that's 64 ounces) a day.  I have a 32 ounce water bottle, so what I do is I always refill it at night and keep it by my bed.  Then when I wake up the next morning I'm always thirsty, so that's a great time to drink some water - it also helps wake you up.  Then I just keep drinking my water throughout my time getting ready for school, and I finish the 32 oz before I leave.  Then I refill it, and during the rest of the day I just keep drinking it until I'm done with my whole 64 ounces.  Also, sometimes you think you're hungry, but you're actually just dehydrated, so water will help lessen your appetite.  AND as an added plus, drinking so much water will help clean out your body and do WONDERS for your skin.

Try taking atleast a short walk every day.  Maybe get someone else to do it with you, that way you guys can help eachother stay on track. 

Finally, try to eat a big breakfast.  It's almost impossible for me with school to eat a full breakfast, but I do whenever I can.  I try to make breakfast my biggest meal, because then you get all the energy you need for the day and are less likely to get hungry and overeat later.

Hopefully some of that helped Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Doctor: Well Homer, we can remove the crayon from your brain and increase your thinking power, or if we do it might kill you,

Homer: Mmmm...  Increased killing power...
Ohhdarling

Stuff me in your bones.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2005 01:22:10 PM »

Lots of great ideas!
I've always definitely felt my best when I've managed to eat 6 small meals a day, rather than 3 big ones. And I always try to eat whole foods because they are so much more pure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We calm ourselves with store-bought dreams.
ilikepinkrain
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008 03:30:06 PM »

For breakfast you can take some low fat/non fat yogurt and put in some healthy granola and/or fresh fruit. Yummy and healthy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft a Christmas Gourd Santa
How to Craft a Button Brooch
How to Craft Duct Tape Fabric
How to Craft Apple Balloons
How to Craft Duct Tape Flip-Flops
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...