A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,796
Currently Running With Scissors:
722 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My boyfriend's back..  (Read 6652 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

With enough caffeine, I could rule the world..

View Profile WWW
« on: April 05, 2008 11:16:11 PM »

..and I'm gonna have a breakdown. After a rather messy breakup, my ex-fiance had decided to call me a few weeks back, and told me he wanted to try again. No big deal, right? I didn't hear from him again, but heard from his mum(who I'm friends with still) and realized, oh crap, all of my tax papers are down there! So I'm driving down in about 10 hours, to be staying with Amy, hopefully being able to avoid Nathan(though now that he knows I'll be there, I wouldn't put it past him to randomly show up). Some of my co-workers are worried and told me not to go, since I've been having panic attacks about it for the past three days. The other ones who know I'm going said, 'Be careful, but look hot.' So these are my dresses that say(I hope!), 'Nathan, eat your heart out.'

My infinity dress:

It's just jersey fabric, nice and soft, with a handkerchief hem. I'll probably give this to my sister after this trip, since she's a bit of a tomboy she never wears dresses or skirts but likes this one, so I figure, why not?

My new sleep dress:

This one is insanely stretchy fabric of unknown content.. I think Amy and I got it at a Walmart sometime about a year and a half ago. My dad saw me in it today and went, 'You're going to sleep in that? What are you, nuts?' Apparently he feels it's too nice for a sleep dress. It's my own pattern, based off the look that ballet skirted leotards have, without having to be a leotard. Smiley Did I succeed? Will he beg for me to come back?

For a dreamer night's the only time of day
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008 11:28:02 PM »

Agree with your Dad! Immensely flattering, suits you perfectly! Well done
And take care with the trip Smiley
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008 11:40:25 PM »

You look awesome!! I esp. love the first dress. I have one very similar to it and it's probably the most comfortable thing I own.

Good luck!!

Hi, I'm Haley, and I talk too much..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008 11:44:39 PM »

awww...*hugs* I know how that is like..good luck sweety!

and u look gorgeous..I agree that the sleep dress is too pretty to sleep in..so maybe u can sleep in it there and then wear it out when u go back home? Roll Eyes

u did an awesome job on both of the dresses..and the color of the first one suits u..

good luck  Smiley

"you're a towel" - towelie, south park
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008 11:46:23 PM »

personally I hope you know you look great!
You seem like a nice person, your crafty, how can you be anything else? lol
but dont wear the dress for him or anyone else, wear things for yourself, you deserve only the best
take care

I've started a wist!
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
M Fox
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008 12:59:56 AM »

Sleep dress?  Never heard it called that - I've always called it a nightgown.  Grin
And YES it's too pretty to be hidden away in a dark bedroom - you need to wear it out!

Take care on your long drive, take breaks to stretch your legs and stay hydrated and have good snacks with you.

On second thought - couldn't your tax stuff just be mailed to you?  Cheaper than the gas you'll use on the trip.

If I stop sewing I will cease to live.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008 01:00:11 AM »

Great dresses - especially the 'sleep' dress, which I am in agreeance with your dad - it is just far too lovely to sleep in (actually - when I saw it I thought it was a 'dress dress'.

As for your ex - well my opinion is find someone who will treat you better because if he dumped you the first time and you take him back he will keep doing it because he knows you will always take him back.  Have a fresh start and leave him in the past.  And I can't understand why you couldn't have your tax papers posted to you - but then I'm English in Britain and that is what we do here. 

Good luck with whatever you do.

"The one who makes you cry is not worthy of your tears and the one who is worthy of your tears will not make you cry".

When I make a mess something good always comes from it.
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008 01:26:09 AM »

nice dresses, am assuming a sleep dress is a nightie?

and are you sure you are only driving down to get your tax papers....because i also dont understand why they cant be posted, recorded delivery is safe! (then again i am in the uk, & as someone else said on here thats how we would do it!)

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008 02:15:25 AM »

you gotta show off that first one....its gorgeous and he will definetly be eating his heart out.....
and while its hanging there in mid air you should grab it...and maybe twist a little.
Sorry, i got carried away

My mom told me i could run with scissors if i wanted to.

Warcraft Addict

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008 06:34:36 AM »

They are fabulous and you are beautiful!  Go stomp on his heart!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Calligraphy Flourishes - Part 2
How to Make a Native American Sand Painting Part 2
How to Make a Native American Sand Painting Part 1
How to Make a Mexican Bark Painting Part 2
How to Make a Mexican Bark Painting Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...