A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,224
Currently Running With Scissors:
393 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bento Box Baby Quilt with tutorial/pattern  (Read 2388 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 05, 2008 10:08:38 PM »

this is my third quilt of the week!  wooot!  I have one more quilt that could be near finishing but otherwise I'm done.

This is a baby quilt for my very NYC friend.  She would have had an all black baby quilt if that would have been posisble.  She's having a girl but hates pink and all things babyish.  So this is a very mature looking baby quilt.  My bf doesn't like it, he thinks it lacks the personality of my other quilts.  I don't like it as my own but I think it fits my friend's tastes a lot.

ALSO.  I made a pdf tutorial of this quilt!  The way I did the coloring is unique (most bentos don't have this color blocking) so it took me a long time to do the math.  So, I share!

Please only download if you'd actually like to make this quilt.  It's a large file because it includes images so I'm not sure how many downloads my hosting service gives me, so please don't just download for curiosity Tongue But if you want to make it, by all means download.

Okay without further ado.

Front of quilt, post-washing, with all the wrinkled goodness.

Back, pre-washing (that's just when I took the photos)

Closeup of back, you can see where I did the navy thread on the navy blocks and ivory on ivory.  This was heavily machine quilted.

Thanks all for looking!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008 02:00:58 PM by athenamat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
pinx
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008 10:21:22 PM »

Lovely, and awesome tute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008 02:52:20 PM »

Thanks~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
KyTriplets
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008 07:33:16 PM »

Looks great!  Can get some of those vitamins you are taking?  You've become a quilting machine!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princasss
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008 08:04:28 PM »

I actually really like this. Thanks for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Padester
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008 05:22:32 PM »

Wow - very cool quilt!  Not my taste for a baby quilt, but I really like it.

Bento box . . .that's apparently some kind of standard quilt pattern or something?  (I'm very new to the whole quilting thing.  I've made a couple, but very basic and not with any kind of pattern or anything . . . )

Excellent work! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaela
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008 08:00:50 AM »

Maybe your friend and I should start a club.  That is totally my kind of baby quilt.  Love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Geertrude
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008 12:16:29 PM »

Wow, that's great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gypsyjolie

to err is human, to craft: divine!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008 01:48:27 PM »

it's beautiful - and I think I have just the fabrics to use this pattern for, so I will give it a shot. Thanks for the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Maybe it's the hick in me, all this need for punchlines and  biography."       -Sarah Vowell, Radio On
athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008 02:00:25 PM »

* Tracy contacted me indicating that she was the original designer of the bento box pattern. I do not think that she owns each iteration of the quilt pattern just nobody could own a nine-patch pattern to the exclusion of others. I did my own unique coloring and it is just squares and rectangles pieced after all. But I admit my ignorance on the contours of copyright law and she did submit a very nice request. I was only offering this as a part of our open source crafting as it took substantial work to create this pattern including designing the color arrangements. Im wondering if I called this something different if it wouldnt be infringing as it bears minimal resemblance to the pattern shes selling. Anyway, the pattern link is down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Perfect Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies Recipe
Sweet As Sugar Cookie Cutouts Recipe
Festive Eggnog Cookies Recipe
Kicked-Up Holiday Sugar Cookies Recipe
Bunny Cake Recipe for Easter
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...