A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
363 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilts for All Swap (USA only) II: Summer [CLOSED]  (Read 23907 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

critterpants
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2008 12:47:32 PM »

Here are my fabrics.  The picture of course isn't quite as true to color as in real life and you can hardly see the patterns, but it is fun all the same.  There are five fabrics, two blue, one green, two yellow and one white with yellow flowers.  There is a shadow in between the two blues and it is not another fabric.  Plus, who cares if they are perfect, it's my birthday so everything is fine today! Cheesy  I have had my eye on that green fabric at the store for a long time.  Now I had an excuse to buy it!  I will be sending out later this week if everything goes as planned.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2008 01:39:41 PM »

Ooh super pretty.  I have seen that middle yellow with the black and white in my qstore a few times and admired it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2008 01:40:41 PM »

i LOVE those colors, they remind me of crayons (it doesnt help that i was coloring with my step brothers on SUnday, so i have crayon on the brain)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Shelichan

Fashion designer for hire in NYC!

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2008 02:37:10 PM »

Man I wish I would have seen this earlier! I have really wanted to get into quilting, and Ive only made a handful of blocks but they have come out right and Ive been very pleased. Maybe next time. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Childrenswear & womenswear designer for hire in NYC!
thanate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

crafty alchemist (now, with tea!)

« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2008 02:45:24 PM »

Here's my fabric! 

I was thinking of doing something generic, and then the clockwork print jumped out at me and said "You should make a steampunk/victorian greeting card quilt!!!" and foolishly, I listened. 

Anyway, it's mostly cut up (although I'm still dithering about how much of what to send to whom... everyone in group 1 will get dark green & clocks, but so far the others are in fat quarters, with 1 other pattern per person and one or two solids, depending on whether I dig up some off-white muslin or not...) but I think I'll wait a day or two to send it, until any tax day chaos has worked through the mail. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008 02:47:01 PM by thanate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2008 04:02:54 PM »

Here are my fabrics. Mine's a bit more scrappy. I tried to use lots of things from my stash.

Not everyone will get everything. I have a whites group, a blues group a red group and a mix group. I figure this way it won't look so weird when I add on and I can't find more of whatever fabric I wanted (which knowing me would inevitably happen.) Plus I love scrappy sort of quilts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sew~amy
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2008 07:37:25 PM »

I think this question was posed last time, but I thought I'd throw it out there this time. I was wondering if anyone in my group would be opposed to me putting embroidery on the quilt square. I'm not saying for sure I'm doing any, but every once in awhile I get an embroidery bug and if I feel it would add to the block I'd love to know if I could, or if I should just stay away from it. Just a question.

I would love embroidery on mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2008 07:40:20 PM »

i really like embroidery, so if it fits my fabrics, i know my hunny will love it too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
FlashleyAshley

mashley forever

« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2008 07:45:37 PM »

Right now I am wishing that I'd signed up for both groups!
All the fabrics look so fun to work with (especially Ezri_b's!) and I love when the mailbox is full of stuff that isn't bills.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.ohthatashley.blogspot.com
I'm working on getting my blog up, check it out! Smiley
athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2008 08:50:34 PM »

WOW  I am loving the new fabric additions.  The clock is too clever and I love all the "mixed" in yours -- eps. the pears and measuring tape (both of those are some of my fave fabric prints). 

No embrodiery for me please.  I loved the embrodiery on my last quilt for swap I but those were more country fabrics.  I am sending (most) of you more modern trendy fabrics so I'd like a more fresh look.  That doesn't mean that you can't do traditional blocks.  Just no applique or embrodiery please (I'll put a note with my fabrics when they come too).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build a Helicopter from Paper
How to Make an Origami Barking Dog
How to Make Monster Sounds with the Click of a Button
Stunning Timelapse of Dense Fog Clouds Rolling Over Chicago
A Funeral for Blue Eye
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...