A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,908
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilts for All Swap (USA only) II: Summer [CLOSED]  (Read 25274 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008 09:20:07 AM »

I may be opening this up to 24.  This won't affect the groups; you'll still only make 11 blocks (unless you want to get into a personal swap with more of the participants on your own). But this way more can play at once.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
audrey1999

I think I have become addicted to quilting.

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2008 09:55:39 AM »

Tsuki you must join us! 

I can not wait to see the gallery of blocks with 24 people!  That is going to be awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Attention swap partners! My blog and flickr have spoilers! 
http://audreypawdrey.blogspot.com
FlashleyAshley

mashley forever

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2008 10:14:21 AM »

I think I might just have to join this one. I dug up all my quilting books at my mom's house last week and I"ve been feeling inspired!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.ohthatashley.blogspot.com
I'm working on getting my blog up, check it out! Smiley
1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2008 10:45:33 AM »

now i have a question . . . if fabric allows can we make the same block for more than one person? kinda like a signature block. like "oh that the one 1boy1gir1kitty2 did, i know cause it's this design" kind of thing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2008 11:03:28 AM »

Absolutely. When I first conceived of this swap, I thought that people would make the same block for everyone.

But as the swappers last swap and I learned, there's sort of a desire to change up things based on the inspiration of the fabrics that pple send you or the limitations of those fabric. But it's certainly not required at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

Resident book worm..... X3

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2008 11:10:32 AM »

Homg! Thank you sooooooooo much! You have no idea how happy I am right now. <3's~~ *huggles athenamat* Grin And I totally have loved all the blocks that everyone has made for me with the fabric. <3's~ I think they are all perfect, beautiful and super special because they were all made with love and happy feelings. That's what makes quilts so wonderfully cozy and comforting I think. ~ Does that sound silly? lol

thanate- Crazy quilt piecing totally rocks! Mom made me a huuuuge Victorian styled crazy quilt a couple of years ago with all kinds of yummy velvets, satins, and silks. *____* It's amazing. <3 And soooo soft. XD I love petting all the different fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2008 05:04:23 PM »

So how exact do my skills have to be?  I have made 7 quilts over the last 2 years.  I can def. make squares that are the required size but I don't always get all of my corners to match up.  I would love to join but don't want to if this will upset anyone.  I totally understand if people want their corners to match up exactly.    Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2008 05:06:35 PM »

i have only completed like 5 quilts ever, and my piecing is as good as it is. personally, if the lines dont match up, its no big deal, obsessing on perfection takes the fun out of it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
mimiw
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2008 05:26:05 PM »

klum78 - I've seen some of your stuff and I think you have sweet skills  Wink 

I know I don't care of my corners match up or not Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008 05:46:32 PM »

All skill levels are ENCOURAGED.  One of the sweet things about the first one is that we were all really supportive and encouraged each other to try new things, etc.  Some of the coolness of this scrappy quilt is the differing skill levels.

The only requirement is the confidence to cut into someone else's fabric Shocked  Do join!  If you've completed a quilt, that's great.

I know that my blocks weren't always perfect in the last swap either.  Perfection is for the Amish, teheheh.  /don't be offended if you are amish, its actually a compliment ;P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Have Hair Like Jessica Alba
Products for Your Hair Type
How to Straighten Afro Hair
How to Use Hair Straighteners
How to Create a Messy Knot
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...