A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,175
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 90
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Super Sea Swap! sign ups closed - send outs may 30th (note new date)  (Read 45618 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2008 05:57:12 PM »

Thanks! Usually the swaps I do have absolutely nothing in common, so it's never come up before. Grin But I came up with a perfect beach-y item.I get more ideas at work where I can't start on any of them!
Hee, now I'm thinking about mixing up send outs-"whoops, did I send the steampunk stuff to the shakespeare swapper?"
Another reason I try to limit myself to one at a time(except for when my willpower runs out).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
eukarya
Freelance Artist and Maker of Crafty Things

Crazy loves me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #291 on: April 23, 2008 06:05:31 PM »

Thanks! Usually the swaps I do have absolutely nothing in common, so it's never come up before. Grin But I came up with a perfect beach-y item.I get more ideas at work where I can't start on any of them!
Hee, now I'm thinking about mixing up send outs-"whoops, did I send the steampunk stuff to the shakespeare swapper?"
Another reason I try to limit myself to one at a time(except for when my willpower runs out).

heh heh
Steampunk Shakespeare, that could work.  Fusion swap...that could be a cool idea Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: April 23, 2008 06:08:09 PM »

haha, I come up with most of my ideas at work too!  I finally had to start carrying a crafting notebook with me to jot down ideas and stuff  Smiley  It's filling up quickly with all kinds of things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
m8888888
« Reply #293 on: April 23, 2008 06:27:32 PM »

I just sent in my info, since I saw the sign up was delayed, so I hope I'm not too late!
Here are my sea photos, since I was so inspired by the others on the thread!
A beach in Vietnam:

Mr. Seagull:

This is a black sand beach, made turquoise by the miracles of photoshop!

& don't forget the nice fish in the sea!:

Does anyone want to brainstorm things to make with me?! I need more ideas!
I was thinking of making some fish-themed jewelry, and some fishy placemats or potholders if my partner has a kitchen (my sewing skills definitely are kitchen-oriented!), and maybe some lovely driftwood sculptures (just kidding! I don't live near the sea, so you all are safe from my sculpting "talents"!!). What are you thinking of making?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008 06:28:11 PM by m8888888 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Favorite moment of the year?  That commercial when m8888888 dropped her towel and jumped naked into the arms of Tony Danza.
murbeck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: April 24, 2008 07:04:15 AM »

Cool!  I'm sure you'll make it in!  Did you email your survey to Sulkycat too?  It would be helpful if you could   Smiley  Sulkycat@handbag.com
Thanks & welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

Daniethanas
Wife, Sister, Daughter, Friend, Crocheter

Hookin' like a fiend these days...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: April 24, 2008 07:13:34 AM »

haha, I come up with most of my ideas at work too!  I finally had to start carrying a crafting notebook with me to jot down ideas and stuff  Smiley  It's filling up quickly with all kinds of things!

I have this problem too... in fact, I'm at work right now and I have the Crochet-A-Day calendar in front of me. Today's project is appropriate for this swap, so it's not helping. Combine Craft Fever with Spring Fever and House-Buying Fever, and really... I probably should have just called out sick.

I started on the thing I mentioned the other day... I'm about 1/4 done and it was over an hour and a half, so I'd say that'll definitely be 3+ hours for a large. Hopefully my partner will like it... I think it'll be cute, but I've been known to have interesting taste. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

saylo
« Reply #296 on: April 24, 2008 09:45:16 AM »

I'm beginning to get loads of ideas too. I started on one thing yesterday morning (in the middle of my panic about the text i wrote for the Beedle the Bard Ballad Writing Contest at amazon...) And if the things I'm working on now aren't right for my swap partner, I'll keep the stuff myself, or give them to a friend.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Daniethanas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: April 24, 2008 09:53:28 AM »

Does anyone want to brainstorm things to make with me?! I need more ideas!
I was thinking of making some fish-themed jewelry, and some fishy placemats or potholders if my partner has a kitchen (my sewing skills definitely are kitchen-oriented!), and maybe some lovely driftwood sculptures (just kidding! I don't live near the sea, so you all are safe from my sculpting "talents"!!). What are you thinking of making?

I'm a crocheter with a decent yarn stash, so I've been sifting through my queue for sea-related stuff. I apparently had lots of different sea-related things in there, and today on my crochet-a-day I got another sea creature type pattern. I have a couple of other ideas too, but I don't want to reveal too much here for fear of ruining surprises. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: April 24, 2008 10:27:27 AM »

Holy cow!  Someone in the fairytale swap just brought it to my attention just how much it costs to ship overseas, so that will play a role in my decision of what to make too!!!!  If my partner is in the US then I can do something a bit heavier but I can't afford no $45+ for shipping overseas!!!!!  So, it would have to be lighter options if it's going overseas    Tongue  That sucks, because I really like the idea of having an overseas partner!  Oh well, I will have ideas for either way  Smiley!  Gosh, I can't wait to find out who my partner is going to be!!!!  The weekend is nearing quickly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

Daniethanas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: April 24, 2008 11:07:27 AM »

Yikes... that's... a lot of money...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 90 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Lip Synchronize a Puppet Properly
How to Manipulate a Puppet for TV and Theater
What to Put into the Puppet Audition Reel
Working with TV Monitors in Puppetry
How Student Athlete Opera Singer Defines a College Life - Dan Street
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...