A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 306,424
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Star Shaped Baby Blanket  (Read 56781 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

virus_insanity

your one and only virus girl

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2005 03:49:42 PM »

I've started the blanket.  =D  I'm making mine in hot pink and black.  I don't know if I'm going to do it the size of a baby blanket and use it as a rug/bed throw, or make it a full sized blanket for me.  I'm on round seven and I just changed to black yarn.  I didn't have a problem with the pattern at all, it worked fine for me.  I used the original pattern, too.  I've been crocheting for about five years (wow, it's been that long?!), but I don't really consider myself an advanced crocheter.  If anyone needs help with this pattern PLEASE let me know and I'll do my best to help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need cds by these people burn for me! THE PIMPS,Rasputina,My Ruin,Scarling,Switchblade Symphony,Concrete Blonde,The Dresden Dolls,Jack off Jill,Tapping the Vein,Darling Violetta,Kidneythieves,Lacuna Coil,Collide,Rhea's Obsession,Lennon,Tura Satana,Genitorturers,Hungry Lucy,Deathgirl.com,Chaiasm
wendymc
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2006 12:06:12 PM »

Ugh, I used such fine yarn that my blanket is taking forever!  I counted and I'm well past 400 stitches per round now, which seems like a heck of a lot!  I have 21 rows and it's less than 2 feet from one point to the opposite side, so I think I have a LOOOOONNNNGGGG ways to go, yet.

Here's what I have so far, I'm planning to edge it in light blue when it's a bit bigger...

I put this down for a long time and then just picked it up to work on it recently and I have been skipping the dc in the first stitch right after the shell on the point.  It SEEMS to be working out ok, so I'm not sure if I should start doing it or leave it out.  What if I finished this row but then added it back next row, would that work out do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Multicrafter - a blog: http://crafter.blogspot.com
smrfchic
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2006 12:23:51 PM »

Ugh, I used such fine yarn that my blanket is taking forever!  I counted and I'm well past 400 stitches per round now, which seems like a heck of a lot!  I have 21 rows and it's less than 2 feet from one point to the opposite side, so I think I have a LOOOOONNNNGGGG ways to go, yet.

Here's what I have so far, I'm planning to edge it in light blue when it's a bit bigger...

What kind of yarn are you using? I'm using a pretty lightweight yarn too, Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ Sadie ~*~
Oh, for corn's sake!
wendymc
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2006 12:28:25 PM »

I'm using this stuff: http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/yarn-coats-tlc-baby.html and I think my hook is a G, but I'm not sure.  I seem to crochet pretty tight, each row is only about 3/4 of a centemeter, just over a quarter inch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Multicrafter - a blog: http://crafter.blogspot.com
smrfchic
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2006 12:47:13 PM »

I'm using this stuff: http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/yarn-coats-tlc-baby.html and I think my hook is a G, but I'm not sure.  I seem to crochet pretty tight, each row is only about 3/4 of a centemeter, just over a quarter inch!

I'm using http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/068075.html, which is also a sportweight.   Yup, this project is going to take a while! I'm 6 rows in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ Sadie ~*~
Oh, for corn's sake!
Arya Stark
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2006 09:42:11 AM »

I know this is an old thread, but I just had to add how great this blanket is and thank all of the people who have put up tips on the pattern.  I started crocheting last spring and I FINALLY know somebody having a baby, so I did a search for baby stuff and decided I had to give this a try.  I'm going with a crimsonish red and black in Caron Simply Soft, and I love how it's turning out so far Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
omegabic

Viggo is such a hottie!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2006 11:54:40 AM »

Here is one I just finished.  This is the second one I have made.  
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010 09:12:34 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
firedupfairy
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2006 02:49:47 PM »

I love this blanket!!!! I'm on my second baby blanket, but mine aren't nearly as cute as that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NewLeodensian
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2006 01:18:31 AM »

Inspired by these posts, I made this blanket for my cousin's new baby.  It is in DK weight cotton-acrylic blend (Cotton Rich by Patons).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I now have a very short wist: http://www.wists.com/NewLeodensian/
smrfchic
« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2006 07:00:13 AM »

NewLeodensian, that is beautiful!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ Sadie ~*~
Oh, for corn's sake!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Classic Chicken Chow Mein Recipe
Hong Kong Chow Mein Recipe
Simple Soy Glazed Chicken Recipe
Shrimp Tempura Recipe
How to Make Lamb and Kimchi Lettuce Wraps
Latest Blog Articles
Folding in the New Year!
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap
The X-Files

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...