A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
345 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Star Shaped Baby Blanket  (Read 48435 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elvenjuicebox

Falling on the wrong side of ignorance

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2005 09:15:46 AM »

I'm doing an adult sized one too! i had a black and green one going but i lost the hook i was using to crochet it (i must kill my yarn stash for that one) so i may unravel the bits and rework it into a blankie for my cousin or my friend's new puppy, (yay for white german shepards!)

The current one is a scrapghan original, I've got tons of black yarn (thanks to a one pounder) and partial skeins up the wazzooo. So this blanket is going to be a mega stash buster! wee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2005 11:41:50 AM »

Just had to write and thank everyone for there pics and hints on this pattern.
I was about to frog this project, but now I am inspired to finished!

Thank you!

Grin pinkleo
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013 09:35:57 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pbnj
Yarn Whore

Fibery Pixels of Goodness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2005 05:50:03 PM »

What a beautiful blanket.  I wish I knew somebody with a baby so I could try making it.

nah just make a big one for yourself!   i making one for my mother-in-law in a afghan size.  she's a pagan and loves anything celestial, heh.   im making hers in a soft and shiney yarn and a slighty sparkly yarn.  hopefully it will be done before yule... if other projects dont get in the way, heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emily
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2005 01:49:57 PM »

I loved this pattern so much I'm working on an adult sized version as well!  So far I've used only yarn from my stash!  I'm so happy with the progress so far...it's about 5 feet from tip to tip right now, it's definitely going to be getting bigger!

« Last Edit: March 26, 2010 09:13:00 AM by jungrrl - Reason: tried to fix pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
vanillaxlight
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2005 10:35:45 PM »

Oh. My. God. I wasn't meant to read patterns. It just was never meant to be. I should have known when I started this...

Anyway, it took me an hour to do the first row! (I'm having "woman troubles" right now, as if people needed to know, so I'd say a good half an hour of that was me throwing my yarn across the room and fighting tears. I almost hit my poor dog with the yarn on accident!) Thanks to the gracious patience people have had with others, I finally got through row 1 after reading and rereading posts several times.

Then round two. The pattern is hopeless. Justlease, you saved me from completely wanting to give up. Now that I've figured out how to do row 2... I just need to get through row 3 and I'll be fine. I hope.

I love you ladies. You have no idea.

Edited to add: I've just added dansk to my list of people whom I lovelovelove. I've finished round 3 with no problems (except I skipped a dc because I didn't see it, but I realized that and was able to fix it.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005 10:57:44 PM by vanillaxlight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
chiscrochetcrazy

New Ami Patterns in the shop

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2005 08:24:35 AM »

I love seeing all the star blankets I just love the pattern. I made 9 for my local animal shelter for Hugs for Homelss Animals here's a few. I made them using scrap yarn so the colors aren't that great

THIS ROCKS   Logged

beatnik_chik
Lightly Effervescent

Helpless!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2005 01:44:55 PM »

I like 'em, and I like the colours, as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<{{{><
And like a downward smoke, the slender stream
Along the cliff to fall and pause and fall did seem.
thisgrljess
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2005 07:01:39 PM »

that's so beautiful! i've been trying to make one of those but it's hard. i only know how to make granny squares and i haven't learned any techniques or other styles yet! your's turned out great though!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel7383
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2005 09:06:59 PM »

I showed this pattern to my mom, and she made a red, white, and blue one. When it's all done I'll steal it so I can post pics. Thanks Dansk for this pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cerulean
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2005 09:48:47 PM »

I love this blanket and I LOVE this thread. All the crochet pattern support posted gives me the courage to try my first real pattern project.

Luckily, my friend's due date isn't until January, so I should have plenty of time to figure out the pattern.

Now, I only have to decide on the color combo. I have 3 small skeins (1.5oz/170yd each) of Lion Brand Jamie Pompadour yarn in Sweet Dreams (http://www.lionbrand.com/yarns/jamiePompadour.html). The pale pink, green, yellow, and white remind me of how rainbow sherbet looks, just muted. I also have a slightly larger skein of pale lavendar boucle yarn, which I'm hoping to use as an outer stripe, a border of sorts. Of course, I have no idea if I'll have enough yarn to make a decent-sized blanket since the skeins are so small. Oh well, we shall see; crochet adventures are fun.

If I manage to become comfortable with the pattern, I'm going to run out and buy a few pounds of blue and maize yellow yarn to make a huge blanket for football games. I'm excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a 10 Chain Ruffle Border
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 10/14
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 2/13
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 1/13
How to Connect Crocheted Yoyos
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...