A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please Help! Villain themed party food!  (Read 2614 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

megmoira
« on: April 03, 2008 02:47:36 PM »

Hi wonderful Craftsters, I was hoping you all would help me brainstorm what food should be available at my birthday party. The theme is "Villains." I will be making a black forest cake (Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte).  The cake is my favorite, not particularly villainous, but maybe I'll draw an icing picture of Malefescent from Sleeping Beauty (Dornröschen is the German tale).
 If I can find some dry ice I will be making a "smoking" sangria. Otherwise, I'll just label it subversive. 
 I would like to have at least one more cocktail, two non-alcoholic mocktails and a couple of appetizers.  I usually serve a taco dip, some  raw veggies and fruits, and regular chips and dip.  Maybe a pizza if it's a crowded party.  If y'all could help with villainous sounding names for these things, that's cool too.   
 Any ideas??? Thanks in advance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Assisted by my kitty, Isabella the Destroyer.~*~
CraftyZedral
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008 09:35:01 PM »

You could serve this spicy shrimp.  Camaraones al diablo!  Deviled Shrimp. 

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1010585

I suggest looking through Halloween recipes for sinister-sounding names.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
megmoira
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008 02:53:36 PM »

Ooh, thanks! I'd spaced on halloween themed foods.

One of my coworkers suggested pigs in blankets, but twist the dough around 'em to make them look like straightjackets: The hogs of Bedlam!

I went out for Chinese food for lunch, and saw the zombie bar drink, so I think I may mix up a pitcher of that as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008 03:08:42 PM »

POISON APPLES (from Snow White obviously)

you can cut the apples into slices, and dip them in caramel (or serve them in wee caramel baskets)

ok, more:

cocktail: Witches Brew, you can really do anything here, and add dry ice....(from the Little Mermaid)

appetizer: Queen Of Hearts crocquet balls and sticks (wee balls of cheese covered in nuts to look like the little moles, and a stick pretzel dipped in white chocolate that you tint with pink for the flamingoes)

cocktail: Kaa's Jungle Rumble (i technically call this drink Bananas Foster, but its AMAZINGLY good....1 jigger each Banana Rum [i prefer Malibu] and Bailey's...and... tall glass with ice..pour the liquer, then cover with milk, in a large carafe, just multiply the shots by the number of people, and then fill the pitcher with milk)

Cruela's Dalmation cookies (make 1 vanilla cookie dough, and one chocolate cookie dough, splice them together, and then cut into individual cookies, bake. -or- make chocolate chip cookies)

cocktail: Hades' Blue Hell (Blue Caracau, Coconut Rum, Lime Juice and Sprite, all to taste)

i will think on this more, this is just what i have on the top of my head

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008 03:21:38 PM by MissDisney » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008 03:21:12 PM »

more:

Frolo's Dip (on food network there are a couple pretty good Artichoke and Spinach dips, you can use *golden* chips to dip in it...Frolo loved money, hence the Green and Gold)

Hun Kababs (from Mulan, or history, you can make any kinda meat kabob, with a spicy sauce, i would cook the meat first, then skewer it onto those wee swords)

Scar's prey (any meat, bbq sauce, served on lettuce that is shredded so it looks like grass)

Captain Hook's alligator tails (make some dough, be it cookie, or bisquit, and tint it with green, shape the indiviudal pieces like ally tails)

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008 03:22:17 PM by MissDisney » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
megmoira
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008 09:02:59 AM »

Oooh, I love the disney themed ideas! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008 09:05:25 AM »

thanks..yea, i see anything Villains and i immediately think DIsney Villains, i dont know many great literary villains anymore....sad i know
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeesaLove
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008 10:05:06 AM »

Back around Halloween I saw black Vodka, you could do a mixed drink wit that maybe vodka & black berry juice made from frozen berries?

make clear jello using flavored water & knox gelitein packets (recipie on box for "know blox") then flot gummy worms  or eyeball candy  or almost angythng  name them accordingly.

a dirt cake with a hand comming out of the dirt or leg or foot (looks like you wer trying to burry someone alive)

deviled eggs complete with red pepper horns

gerkins & carrots in pickel brine labled broken fingers or a mobster type name, Jimmy the goats finger collection.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rename a Color Swatch in Photoshop CS3
How to Rename a Layer in Photoshop CS3
How to Resize a Selection in Paint.NET
How to Resize a Title in Title Designer in Premiere CS3
How to Resize the Stage in Flash CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...