A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 304,881
Currently Running With Scissors:
718 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 8: The Gallery  (Read 20307 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2008 04:20:07 AM »

I have not received my yarn ball yet, but I understand it's on the way.  I did get my pattern just last night.  I will certainly post here as soon as my MYB arrives!
And thanks for all your work to the organizers. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
ohmyword
« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2008 05:19:07 AM »

I have not received yet.  As far as I know my partner has not sent yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy

I do personal swaps.
.:dollface:.
« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2008 06:59:18 AM »

yes i have received, and i have posted pictures

i don't think onegoodapple has received yet, but i know it's on it's way Smiley i checked the tracking number yesterday and it's left Canada and on it's way to the UK
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
chibilightangel
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2008 08:38:03 AM »

So, how many of you have started knitting or crocheting your items? Any finishes?

I've started on my first sock but have ripped it out twice and need to start again. I've decided that working with 5 needles to start a sock is just too floppy for me right now so I'm going to try again using just 4 needles for the first inch before I add in the 5th needle. I'm leaving for a monthlong trip in a week and a half so will not be able to finish the sock and it's twin for a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
britnlind

It's done. I just need to start.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2008 08:41:57 AM »

I have actually started on a scarf with the pretty white yarn that I received and added on some ruffles yarn. I have taken part of it  out about twice and I am about to do it again. This is my second project and my gauge is really tight.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008 08:43:04 AM by britnlind » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mojen

What perfume am I wearing? It's called Febreze.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #195 on: May 22, 2008 08:50:51 AM »

I've received!!! This morning!  I think I scared the postie... I almost leapt at him with hugs, but decided my springyness had scared him enough  Grin (he's used to me grunting at him, I'm usually getting up at the same time he delivers, but I must have know this morning cause I was up early!)

I've taken LOTS of pics, but the 'duplicate' ones I'll link to to try and save peoples connections if it's needed!

Is it a hat? a placemat?

No! it's a market bag!! I'm trying to ban plastic bags from the flat (aside from the food delivery ones, but they don't count, they're lovely colours so I knit with them!)

Next to the box, so you can see how big the base is!

The yarn ball itself:  Pinkleo sent natural yarn, and KOOL AID!!! I'm really quite excited, I'm now actually a bit bummed that we've got guests this weekend, I wanna cancel and spend it messing about with kool aid!!  (The SO made me promise that I'd let him try and sip before I dunked the wool in it  Cheesy).  Oh, and it meant I HAD to unwrap everything, there's no way I could've dyed the yarn whilst it was still wrapped...

My pattern is for socks, stripy ankle socks, which means I get a new pair of "house socks", I'd be trying to deny to myself that I didn't really like my current pair, but I don't, I might re-gift those now I've got an excuse to make another pair!  Grin

Everything together (except the shrinky dink papers)

Non-crafted stuff; from the top left... bracelet kit (pink! yay!) 2 stitching kits (1 picture, which might be used on my new-being-knitted hoodie, and 1 alphabet one), AWESOME notecards with a blue rose on! (1 of my 2 favourite flowers), Kool aid! (OMGOMGOMGOMG!), elephant tape measure (really, so cute), duck fizzy smelly thing (assuming it's a bath bomb thing! made the whole thing smell so good, heh), bamboo circs (MUCH love here, I can get circs, I can get bamboo, for some reason my local shops don't do bamboo circs?!), badge pin set things (aaargh me 'artys), stickers (yay, stationary!!), iron on shiny things (well, shiny!).  There's also a pack of shrinky dink paper, yet another thing we struggle to get over here!

Stitch markers, SO CUTE!  I LOVE russian dolls

these came at just the right time, I've been using really annoying faux stitch markers one of which is too big/heavy and one too small!  I kinda feel like golidlocks....

Stitch markers next to the Kool Aid, for size reference

Really pretty arm warmers/gloves!  I've been meaning to make some "summer" ones, I love wearing arm warmers but my current ones are 100% wool and quite long, with cables, so are AWESOME in winter, but really too warm for brighter days!  And, well, this being the UK, the weather's really changeable, so it's a good idea to have some in my bag!

both together

French Press cosy: I've not tried it on yet (I managed to spill coffee all over the place, including on the glass bit, so I'll try it later when I've done the washing up!)

pink quill!  I feel I need to write grand letters now  Grin

ribbon bookmark; this is another "been meaning to do", but well, it's never quite happened!  Roll Eyes

Leather Thimble Ring; I'm fascinated by this!  I didn't realise until reading the letter that it wasn't just a normal ring, I'll have to experiment on how to wear it! heh

Some of the kits!
yaaaaargh
stitching stuff

LOTS of stuffing that was packed around the ball, I feel some stuffies coming on...

I'm now off to the supermarket, with my market bag, and I think I'll wear the wrist warmers cause it looks a bit blowy out there!  Grin
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008 08:54:48 AM by Mojen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jrsloane1

Knit Free or Die

« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2008 09:15:15 AM »

So, how many of you have started knitting or crocheting your items? Any finishes?

I've started on my first sock but have ripped it out twice and need to start again. I've decided that working with 5 needles to start a sock is just too floppy for me right now so I'm going to try again using just 4 needles for the first inch before I add in the 5th needle. I'm leaving for a monthlong trip in a week and a half so will not be able to finish the sock and it's twin for a while.

you should try the magic loop method using a long circular needle. i havent done it yet but ive seen jewelaroni use it more than once and she now swears by it and wont use dpns.

mojen - that package is awesome! pinkleo was a great angel!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Truth Is Out There
Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2008 09:47:44 AM »

I just received my magic yarn ball from fluffybaka!  I will be able to fully check it out tomorrow and take pictures then, but for the moment just let me say it looks absolutely amazing! 
Fluffybaka, you're great and you can be my swap partner any time! Wink

I had originally thought that I would make my project and unwrap the ball as I go along, but I don't think that's gonna happen.  I have a couple of huge projects with a deadline that I need to start on right away, so I'm gonna unwrap my ball and probably start my pattern in a month or so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
Here, There and Everywhere

« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2008 10:12:22 AM »

Got mine today!
will post pics later...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mojen

What perfume am I wearing? It's called Febreze.

« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2008 11:19:18 AM »

you should try the magic loop method using a long circular needle. i havent done it yet but ive seen jewelaroni use it more than once and she now swears by it and wont use dpns.

nooooo, EVIL magic loop!!  Cheesy  I've tried and tried with magic loop, but still can't get it to not do that horrid laddering thing.  I find it easier, with DPNs, to start with it on a table/desk so you can rest the non-working DPNs

Though, tbh, magic loop DOES look cool, I'm just a bit too clumsy and impatient  Roll Eyes

mojen - that package is awesome! pinkleo was a great angel!

I know!!  I got lots of admiring glances at the gloves in the supermarket  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Turmeric Is Used in Indian Recipes
How Garam Masala Is Used in Indian Recipes
How Fenugreek Is Used in Indian Recipes
How Cardamom Is Used in Indian Recipes
How to Make Tandoori Chicken Marinade
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...