A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,966
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: They put me up to it...lil feltsies  (Read 3267 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pickledkitty
« on: January 25, 2005 09:36:13 PM »

I couldn't resist since they made me take their pics. ;p They were just all posing so cute;p

My husband designed and sewed the brown one, and mine are the other 2. He has them at work on his desk. (Marine Corpse;p)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010 09:21:35 AM by rackycoo - Reason: to fix images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005 10:02:14 PM »

Ok first of all I'm all 'AWWWWWWWW' cause your husband crafts with you.. and second of all those are some damn great monsters Smiley I love the blue guys elvis fur Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
kstarsk
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005 05:52:14 AM »

those are too cute and so creative! and it is really adorable that your hubbie crafts with you.. my bf won't even go near a needle and thread Wink

love the glittery wings! that is a great idea, how did you do it?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"there never was a good war or a bad peace"
-benjamin franklin
elasticcamel
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005 07:33:03 AM »

Hehehehe.  Very cool, I had my bf knitting briefly but it didn't last  Sad.  I think I like the blue on best with his cute little fangs and wings, and I love the pink hair and tail on the flying eyeball (box?). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
decibel
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005 07:54:02 AM »

Oh-hoh-hoh-hoh, they are too cute to shoot!

(Just made that up, and it basically means they are down right fabulous, and not that I'd ever contemplate actually shoot at the little monsters - I'm all non-violent and oh-so pro felt creatures. Wink)

I love them... You are goooood! The wings on the cubey, and the squiggly mouth on the blue one, and the ears, and the little fangs... Oh gosh! They are so detailed... I'm in awe.

Must buy sewing machine... Must sew felty creatures... Must get off the internet... Too many inspiring people... Too many ideas... Overload... Eject eject! <loud noise>

THIS ROCKS   Logged
anacadabra
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005 09:38:25 AM »

OMG I read this as fetishes...er uh...yes, and I opened it right away! Those monsters are adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pickledkitty
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005 07:11:06 PM »

Well, I guess that you could call them fetishes if they get you off sexually;p

I made the wings with glittery black felt and left overpolar fleece. I cut 2 felt wings, and then 2 polar fleece wings, sewed them together layering, sparkely side down felt, 2 fleece, sparkely side up felt. Then sewed up most, flipped inside out so that the fleece is on the inside and the sparkles on the outside, finished closing it, then sewing machined over where the lines would be.
They turned out pretty awesome. I wanted to tack them on my own back! ;p

My husband crafts things, but they are mostly car stuff, like an ITB(Individual throttle body) or the marine carpet that he put in my car from Home Depot. He is taking welding now, so now I can work in metal and have him weld things;p This monster thing was really a fluke, but he really likes Domokun, and so he made his own;p
THIS ROCKS   Logged
firepixie
ska-gypsy, my favorite colors are jingly and checkerboard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005 07:52:54 PM »

awwww, sooooo cute!!!!!!!!!    what artist did ur pic pickledkitty?Huh  i have a notebook with something on it that looks like the same style.............. ................... ................... ................... ................... ................... ................... ................... ....luvin the feltsies.........i dont like felt, but i love what you people do with it!!!!!!!!!!!

stargirl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

once upon a time in the land of flowers and rhyme and living was easy with eyes wide open a young girl flew all about the world shutting her eyes and smiling for no reason- Jke "the lost poet" johnson
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005 08:08:03 PM »

Those are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Darkest_Faerie
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005 08:35:00 PM »

Those are the best!!! I wish my boyfriend would craft with me, but he says he's not 'crafty'...even though he has come up with a bunch of awesome ideas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-See my photography here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/traceylheureux/
-Visit my blog here: http://tinystarcreations.blogspot.com/
-Check out my zazzle site here:
http://www.zazzle.com/paper_airplane*
btyqnfrmmars
just an undiscovered soul in the great unknown

I'd rather die than fade away

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005 08:41:19 PM »

those are the cutest little felt monsters i've ever seen!!  Grin I especially like the hair and fangs on the brown one
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You and me
We're invincible together
We can be so tragical, whatever
We're Sid and Nancy
Fred and Ginger
Clyde and Bonnie
Liz and Richard
Kurt and Courtney
Bacall and Bogie
Joltin' Joe and Ms. Monroe
Here's captain crash and the beauty queen from mars
pickledkitty
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005 09:52:56 AM »

Thanks all yall for the compliments!  Firepixie, I'm sorry, but I can't remember where I got the original images. But it was three different pictures that I merged together to get what I want. In Paint Shop Pro 8, if you were interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evilpeach
Awesome Extraordinaire

sweet relief

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005 06:02:44 AM »

the little brown guy reminds me of domokun! I like "l'eye"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://nerdbomber.etsy.com

check it out... maaaaaan
Qwerty
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2005 08:25:34 AM »

i *heart* the domokun too. what is the best way to make a cube with felt? i can't tell from the pics how you did it. 6 squares put together? basic cube pattern? i'd love to make a domokun too. oh domokun love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pickledkitty
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2005 09:37:24 AM »

My husband attempted a Domokun, but he wasn't looking at a pic, and kinda got confused. So he made it the way that he likes;p  Qwerty, your right, just 6 squares put together. On the purple one, I sewed on the outside around the seams, so that when stuffed, it would keep the square shape. On the brown one, it isn't stuffed as much so it stays squared. My favorite is also L'eye! But don't tell the blue one!;p
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Boone Tavern Pork Chops Recipe
Party Caramel-Coated Popcorn Recipe
Party Chocolate Coated Popcorn Recipe
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sandwich Recipe
Inviting Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...