A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,273
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 33 Gallery  (Read 43172 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

quilted
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2008 08:13:39 AM »

bkrenning4, the altered book is phenomenal!

Also, I love the tea wallets! Such great fabric choices!

Can you explain how Arwena's purses work? Do you slip one handle through the other?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
bkrenning4

"Dance like no one is watching..."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2008 08:22:42 AM »

Wow! That's pretty amazing. I've never heard of an altered book shrine, but you did a wonderful job!

I hadn't either!  I had done altered books before, but I wasn't sure where the shrine came in!  You carve a niche out of the back, kind of like you were making a book safe, but you place pictures and items in the niche.  I then glued most of the pages together except for a few, on which I did the pictures and the poetry.  That way she can open it and display it to various pages.  It was fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bkrenning4

"Dance like no one is watching..."

« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2008 08:24:20 AM »

bkrenning4, the altered book is phenomenal!

Also, I love the tea wallets! Such great fabric choices!

Can you explain how Arwena's purses work? Do you slip one handle through the other?

The fabric is wonderful on the tea wallets!  maxparadise did a great job!

The purse handle do slip into each other so that you are only actually holding one handle.  Does that make sense?  It really is a gorgeous purse!  The pics do not do the fabric justice!  Thank you so much arwena!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nofury

With every breath of honesty, I strip before you.

« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2008 04:40:58 PM »

I'm finally posting! I took the pics right away, but I'm knee deep in crafting and other obligations. Just took some time before I uploaded them!

randymacker07 claimed me for an embroidery kit. I was AMAZED!!! I really didn't know what to expect, but I LOVE everything! First it was all wrapped in lots of red tissue paper: a beautiful package! (Note to future claims: you'll probably see some of it coming your way since I love to recycle packing stuff!)

Here's the entire package:

Everything is wonderful! I especially love that she washed and ironed the tea towels before sending so that I wouldn't have to wait! lol. It's like she knows me! She also sent a plastic hoop that looks VERY durable, some embroidery floss on a metal ring (LOVE!!!), floss, stitch-it kit book that explains ALL KINDS of stitches, a needle book, and some AMAZING patterns. She couldn't have put together a package that better reflected my taste!

I do have a question or two for others who have embroidered before. First, where do I get tea towels? They're meant to be used as hand towels right? I know I could use them for decoration, too. I've only seen the ones on craftster, and they're usually covered with embroidery. I'm guessing those are meant to be more decorative???

Ok, now I have to give you a close-up of the needle book she sent. The fabric choice was perfect. I must say that I gasped when I unwrapped it!!!

Now, how many of you, after seeing this, are going to add embroidery kit to your wish list???

Thanks randymacker07!!! I'm incredibly excited. The package was perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2009! 26/50
Flickr!
Wist!
"We are all trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." --K. Vonnegut
scienceissexy
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2008 05:44:22 PM »

Well I received two wonderful packages when I got home today!

First from Poerava:

A beautiful knitted with beads in it cuff bracelet and 2 pendants. I am very impressed with the knitting but couldn't get a closeup since my camera is being wonky. Poerava, if you have a better pic please post it I want you to get well deserved credit for the bracelet!!

From nofury:

A make your own paper kit with lots of extras....

and this handmade instruction book

and these cute cross stitches

There was also a book about Feng Shui (i need some order in my life), a cute keychain that says "Lead me not into temptation...I can find it myself" (so true), all kinds of goodies to add into the paper (like sequins, easter grass, wrapping paper, yarns, actual grass, etc), 2 pairs of earrings (I think), a knitted cuff, chinese checkers (which I love), a beautiful wood covered mirror, and of course the hoop for the deckle and mesh. All of which came in a giant box full of shredded newspaper for me to use (which made me giggle cause it escaped everywhere). I couldn't take anymore pics cause of the above camera being wonky again!! Note to self-may be time for new camera!!

Thanks so much Poerava and nofury!!! I loved everything!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nofury

« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2008 06:43:46 PM »

Made something with the yarn from DIYho!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=242977.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flickr!
Wist!
nofury

« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2008 06:45:05 PM »

So glad you liked everything, scienceissexy! Can't wait to see your paper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flickr!
Wist!
KimberlyPye
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2008 07:29:46 PM »

I got my package in the mail on Friday just before I went home to Maine for the weekend.  I LOVE this bag!

I also got some yarn scraps for my afghan:

Thanks so much, Homerof2!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2008 07:53:58 PM »

and this is the other side of the bag:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunspotted
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2008 09:14:11 PM »

Gorgeous bag Homer (well everything in this gallery is gorgeous, I can just only remember the very last thing I saw).  Smiley

From now on I'm only claiming people living on the East Coast.  atsuko received from me today, but the two packages I mailed west on the same day are still in transit.  Anyway, since I actually remembered to take a pic of the blanket I sent, here it is hanging on my deck. 

This was my first diagonal experiment.  Should I do it again, I have learned that hdc would result in a much more square shape, cause with single crochet I made a slightly wonky diamond.   I think it's pretty though, and I doubt the baby will notice.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
2013 MTV Movie Awards Fashion: Jennifer Lawrence and Kristen Stewart
Beyoncé Nails the Island-Style Look in Cuba
Featured Blogger: Annabelle Fleur of Viva Luxury
The Pencil Skirt: An Office Staple is Reborn
5 Ways To Wear A Leather Skater Skirt
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...