A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,777
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 33 Gallery  (Read 39974 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008 02:44:02 PM »

TwiztidBlood, you distract Dulcinea and I'll reach out my arm and grab the yarn, then we can share it.  I'm sure two can take her on  Grin

That's a fantastic idea for storing yarn and, like many others, I'm envious of your stash!

thanks - not for the stealing of my yarn, of course.

and it's a little odd to see my stash out like that - i mean, there is a whole 'nother plastic bin, and a market basket, and then there's that dresser.... 

it is nice to see some of my stash out liike that though - helps me work out the next project, and what wool/silk/bamboo whatever i want to use for it - i've been working on a tuscany shawl with some yummy yarn dyed by Javede last year.... and the colors are so great, i'm glad i'm nearly done, so i can block this and actually wear it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
sin esperanza
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008 03:34:56 PM »

I just received an assortment of the most beautiful smelling soaps from sin_esperanza!  This was an awesome swap package!

I'm glad you liked them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate handing over money for what I could just as easily do myself, it makes me nervous.  ~Sylvia Plath

My STS 33

Altered Fairy Tales Swap
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008 05:48:37 PM »

I just received an assortment of the most beautiful smelling soaps from sin_esperanza!  This was an awesome swap package!

I'm glad you liked them!

Those soaps sound soooooo good smelling.

and homer! I definatly think we can take her  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
DIY ho
ho ho ho

I'm a total Dean girl. I mean, YUM.

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008 04:06:42 PM »

Your yarn looks yummy, Dulcinea! I hadn't seen that storage idea before, but it's genius! I'd love to be able to see (even some of) my stash that way. I've got most of mine in one of those footlocker trunks. It's a PITA to dig through, even though most skeins are in baggies.

Anyway... isn't AsphaltQueen lovely? Grin Tongue Kiss  I received from her yesterday!

Here's everything together.

The pretty, pretty paper at the top and the origami paper was from her stash. On the top green piece of origami paper you can just make out my new owly necklace! And finally, the exact owl bag from my wists! She went and bought us BOTH one. So now we match. We're bag sisters. Or something less cheesey, and awesomely cool. Cool Tongue Roll Eyes  (I forgot to warn you about my dorkiness, didn't I?)

This pic is to show exactly how freaking large this bag really is! This is why it's my new library bag! I could probably put...hmm...twelve copies or so of the Happy Hooker in here!

Aaaand, owly action! (And a better shot of the necklace--I'm wearing it right now!)

Kiss Thank you SO much, AQ!!! Kiss
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008 04:08:31 PM by DIY ho » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TwiztidBlood
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2008 09:46:27 PM »

Ohhhh! Gorgous package
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2008 09:47:12 PM »

love the yarn cubby! and AQ, that owl bag is too cute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilyvanilli
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008 09:31:55 AM »

I love that owl bag and the owl necklace! Asphalt Queen sends such great packages!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quilted
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008 03:09:58 PM »

I love that owl bag and the owl necklace! Asphalt Queen sends such great packages!!

I know this is true! The coasters she sent in her last package to me are in our fancy schmancy glass cabinet next to my religious paraphernalia and breakable wedding presents. Seriously.... I  have a menora, Shabbat candlesticks, Tiffany crystal vase, and scrabble coasters in there  Cheesy

Also, I was lucky enough the get claimed by her again! This time, I really wanted to take a picture before breaking into everything, (the wrapping was so pretty), but it didn't happen  Grin No self-control.

I received the birds' nest necklace straight off my wist! This necklace is perfect... it's unique, elegant, and *strong*; the toddler didn't break it yet!

This is me dancing around my son's room feeling glamorous, even though I just woke from a nap:

Here is the rest of my loot:
The super coolest notepad holder ever! It's a recycled circuit board!! Isn't that so awesome? I come from a family of nerdy computer programmers, and I can't wait to show it off  Cheesy I also received these four spools of beautiful ribbon, *and* a groovy handmade gnome card (destined for my son's wall).

Thanks AsphaltQueen! I <3 everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008 03:33:13 PM »

I got a box of yarn today from Dulcinea. Just a regular priority mail box (14x12x3 inches or 35x31x7cm) it was bulging a bit, but ok, it's yarn from Dulcinea. Yarn isn't that flat, so a bulging box didn't seem odd.
I mean, how much yarn could there be?  Huh

There was this much -

That's 24 balls of yarn! I'm just pulling them out of the box and they kept coming and coming (sort of like that old circus routine where the clowns keeping coming out of the tiny little car  Cheesy)

Thank you so much Dulcinea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TwiztidBlood
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008 03:41:06 PM »

Hey! I recognize some of those yarns! haha
We got some matching yarn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ellen Crosby Reveals Where She Would Like to Be
Jeff Nichols Talks About Trainwreck
Bethenny Frankel Talks About Naturally Thin
Crescendo Book Trailer
Regan Hoffman Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...