A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,763
Currently Running With Scissors:
522 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery April 2008  (Read 4750 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008 09:13:12 AM »

I love seeing things like that in their new homes. Smiley it just makes me feel good. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008 09:38:58 PM »

I traded an 8 x10 print of this picture with ManifestContent:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
kitschbitch
Stitchin'

Music, crafts, and dogs...all good.

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008 10:49:39 AM »

I did a wonderful swap with Just_A_Girl (a fellow martimer/canadian:) ).  I sewed some goodies for her and she knitted me so much wonderful stuff!!!!

This slouchy red hat...which I love love LOVE and recieve compliments on EVERY time I wear it!

I LOVE these mitts!

mmmm...warm, thick, black and white scarf...perfection:

Gorgeous blue lace scarf for spring (which I belive has finally arrived here in NB!)

I also got a cute cream hat with pompom/tassles, but cannot find the picture I took of it....I will post it when I find it.

THANK YOU Just_A_Girl !!  I am so spoiled and LOVE all my goodies!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008 11:51:00 AM »

I just got my package from nevermore!!  Grin I made her a Victorian kitty poppet named Maud and she spun me some great yarn!!! She sent red with sparkle, yellow, and orange with sparkle. Also as a bonus she sent a really cool mixed color bunch for my mom to crochet me something with. The rest of the yarn is probably going to become poppet hair!  Grin
Thanks nevermore!

p.s. to nevermore if you need to borrow these pics since you forgot to take some help yourself!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just_A_Girl
[Insert witty title here]

Straight to this very day it was the wrong way

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008 02:30:00 PM »

I recently took part in my first swap with kitschbitch. It was a great experience and she made me such cool stuff! A wonderful purse with a matching pouch and the cutest thing ever - a kleenex cozy! She also made a needle roll for me with wooden needles in it and some pot holders!  Thanks kitschbitch!  Consider me hooked on swapping....Hmmm.. wonder how the boyfriend is going to feel about that...  Cheesy

Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I blame it on the bunny....

[Future home of a someday blog URL]
Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008 11:05:53 PM »

OK, I have been wanting to get in on this swap things since I first saw it. I LOVE this idea. I have friends here in Germany that I do personal swaps with on occasion but really wanted to use this form as a way of meeting new folks and finding new friends. In the middle of moving right now it is is hard to try and get involved. Then pizzacravings sent me a PM and wanted to do a just shopping swap from thrift shops and such. BINGO !! I always have time to go junking for folks. LOVED gathering things for you Pizza hope you like everything......

Here is a picture of everything all together. Soooo much fun to go through and set up. I tried to find a balance between cool things but wanted to send you some things that were typical German as well...

This linen is probably my favorite. It was done by an Oma for someone and sadly ended up in a thrift shop. Luckily I have made it my mission in life to rescue anything that an Oma made from thrift shops while I'm here. Smiley It is a embroidery style called Hardanger or more accurately Hedebo or drawnthread work some folks call it too. Basically they have eyes, hands and patience enough to actually go in a remove threads from the original weave of the fabric and then do designs that way in addition to the cross stitch that is on there as well. It is just beautifully done. The lovely lady sitting on top of the table linen is a nut cracker and the half rolling pin behind her is painted typical German with small hooks to hang wonderful things on.

socks with a gnome flashing you on them. I laughed my butt off in the dollar store over these.

There are two German books in the box. One is a picture book with beautiful pictures of all the regions of Germany. The other is this really cool old book that has this killer kind of printing in it. I thought the outside of the book is cool enough to make a purse out of and you could use the pages for all kinds of wonderfully handmade things. Have fun !!!

Sorry for the blurry pic. This was a dehumidifier that they use over here on their radiators. But I thought it was wonderful and maybe you could use it as a hip vase of something.

A little German cheese for your pleasure. I could not find the nesting dolls for you but I did find a vendor that was selling handpainted eggs from Russia and so picked this one up for you.

I little mug pin cushion. The one thing I took the time to make for you. After the move maybe we can do a real swap where I actually have the time to craft for you. Smiley If you give the button a tug the pin cushion opens up to reveal.......

Cool sewing goodies.

A cool old German masson type jar filled to the rim with whimsies and some sterling goodies as well. Cant wait for you to see the vintage hankies I added in and on this one for you. Smiley

I will stop with the pictures for now you can see the rest when the boxes get there. Smiley There is also, a big German cow bell, a tiny cow bell from Switzerland, a cool tiny gum box that says "ultimate cowgirl" in German on it. There is a half of a coffee cup that was too funny. I still need to translate the German on it. There is four mugs for your collection. The one from Holland is a delft. It does have crazing so you cant use it to drink with but thought it would make a cool art supply holder. There is also some cool pastels and other art supplies, a small canvas, two pot holders, a funky bird basket box that I had to get, A cool tin and a beer stein. Really had a blast doing all of this Pizza, thank you so much for contacting me. Hope everything brings a huge smile to your face and makes you super ubber happy. Smiley

Much Peace and Friendship,
Tero
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
nofury

With every breath of honesty, I strip before you.

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008 06:08:32 PM »

I did a personal swap with Purpleone a few months ago. She sent me some BEAUTIFUL fabric, and I sent her some faux stained glass supplies. I needed more of the fabric, and she offered to send more. I wanted to send her a "thanks!!!" package, so another personal swap was born.

Anyway, here's what I sent her:

Everything is based off of a shirt on her wist:

Stencil:

Pic:

Sent some belt buckles, too. I was really proud of the pic!!! I'll have to do something like that for myself. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2009! 26/50
Flickr!
Wist!
"We are all trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." --K. Vonnegut
catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008 09:28:05 PM »

love that stencil!  the framed pic came out really, really nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purpleone
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008 09:03:25 AM »

It really is awesome - the stencil is going to make shirts for several people and the picture is hanging in our kitchen Grin

Thanks again nofury! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nofury

With every breath of honesty, I strip before you.

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008 09:11:01 AM »

It really is awesome - the stencil is going to make shirts for several people and the picture is hanging in our kitchen Grin

Thanks again nofury! Kiss

YAY!!! So glad you liked. Let me know how the stencil works out--if there's anything in the future I can do to improve it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2009! 26/50
Flickr!
Wist!
"We are all trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." --K. Vonnegut
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Native American Flute
How to Make a Mandala
How to Make a Magazine Holder Out of a Cereal Box
How to Make a Hot Air Balloon Centerpiece
How to Make a Magnetic Spice Rack
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...