A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vogue 2805 Guy Laroche flared skirt  (Read 2221 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

moefen
« on: January 25, 2005 08:02:24 PM »

I love this skirt pattern!

I just finished it in black, slightly stretchy denim, with fat red topstiching along all the seams.  The seamlines curve from the hip and flow down the front.

It did have lots of pattern pieces, but the instructions were really good, and it fit together well.

http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/voguepatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.V2805=x&TI=20005&pageNum=3

I got lots of compliments!

M
THIS ROCKS   Logged
susank
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005 02:02:49 PM »

Thanks for the recommendation!  I've been wanting to try a skirt with fancy seams like that.
--susan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moefen
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005 09:14:24 PM »

I would add that the skirt at your real waist, quite a bit higher than most low waisted skirts today.  I thought that it would be really easy to adjust it so that it sat about an inch below my actual waist, just by making the larger size which would sit at the lowered waistline.

Idiot me!  Of course then the hipline (the widest part) was lower, so it looked like I was wearing saddlebags.  No problem (i thought), i will just take in the side seams.  But then I ended up with the final triangular piece fitting in strangely. 

I think any size alterations would be quite difficult in this pattern, it is marked for lenth adjustments though.

But very happy with the final product.

M
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darciemc
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005 12:22:23 AM »

red topstitching on black denim... I love it!  Cool That skirt pattern is so hot

You could play around and do so many different things with it, too! 
  • It might be really cute if it was done in a couple different colors of fabric, to really highlight the seam lines. 
  • If you wanted to make it more "summery" you could try doing it with a lighter fabric, even t-shirt material

- a girl I know made a dress out of 2 tshirts that were cut up and sewn together kind of like your skirt pattern. I tell you, she was my idol that night I saw her in her new creation!

thanks for the 411 on size alterations. I would have lowered the waist, too.  Smiley

-darcie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 darcie
moefen
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005 04:18:40 PM »

What I would like to do for the next ones:

Pink satin with black ribbon along the seams : kind of lingerie inspired

Graduated dyeing for each piece so that the sections fade from light to darker.  Probably in grey or a natural beige.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Stylish Belts
How to Wear Scarves in New York
How to Wear Wellies
How to Wear a Knit Hat
How to Wear Hats in New York
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...