A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 304,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 33  (Read 39960 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

missmuffcake

Spicy but sweet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #230 on: April 29, 2008 09:41:29 PM »

I claim sin esperanza for a knitting journal and a hand cookie cutter for ASL soap.

I claim homerof2 for something wisty and some note cards!

My name is Kendy, I am 28 - My bday is June, live in N.CA with my boyfriend and my cat Mar and sometimes cat Tyler (he is a stray that comes and goes as he pleases). Right now I am a stay at home girlfriend, I love going to concerts, shopping in SF, getting new ink, I am vegan and am trying to put together a veg guide to the valley, we watch a lot of movies - my boyfriend even makes movies.

Edited list - new items at the top! Bolds are BIG wants!

4th claim, 3 sent, 2 rec.

Hand made things:
- crochet penis (patterns floating around the web)
- arugami of a panda, robot or my boyfriend (see my avatar!)

- anything Taxi Driver (esp. Travis) from the movie Taxi Driver for my Boyfriend
- comfy sleep boxers/shorts in some cute fabric - photo album that can store long photo booth pics
- purse mirror with cool image
- ear plug pouch/tin (I need to start wearing these to concerts!)
- plushies for my collection
- a laundry sack (I think I need something better than a plastic sac)- reconstructed shirts ( I am a size M or L depending on chest)
- vintage style pill box hat in black (can be thrifted and reconed!)
- cool/cute hair bows/clips
- custom address labels
- vegan lip balm (no apricot - I am allergic!)
- Anything Morrissey/The Smiths 
- vegan pleather cuff with snap
- a fake steak pillow (like the ones from Sweet Meats)
- vegan soaps ( I like fruity stuff) 
- incense burner to burn incense at the cemetery for my younger sister who died in a car accident (due to a drunk driver 4 years ago). Her fave color was blue and she liked anything capricorn, blue or with stars.
- skull or robot cuff links for my boyfriend
- size L black shirt that says noise not music in white cool/different font for my boyfriend
- night out clubbing clutch
- anything off my wists: http://www.wists.com/missmuffcake
- jewelry box that holds necklaces without them being in knots - all mine are in knots!
- cat toys for Mar and Tyler
- PS2 dust cover for my boyfriend (see wist for example)
- funky/odd day of the week panties (set)
- a black snood (not real loose, I want more of a hat than a hair net)
- St. Matthews necklace/charm (like the ones found in the catholic stores)
- fitted black L shirt thats says "gabber good indie bad"
- lip balm cozy
- zines

Supplies and stuff:
- rub on transfers of skulls and cool fonts
- felt mascot book or patterns (I have been having fun with the Cute Book lately)
- large flat marbels (like the ones for marble magnets but the size of silver dollars)
- sz 11 black chinese flats/mary janes

Extras:
- chick track booklets
- take out menus for my collection
- vegan candy/sweets
- good thoughts - with all that has been happening lately I feel really down!

I hope you enjoy crafting for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: April 29, 2008 10:22:09 PM »

I claim missmuffcake for:
vegan soaps (I like fruity stuff) and
custom address labels and
lip balm cozy

This is my 3rd claim, 0 sent, 0 received.

Hi, Im Mary Ann and I live in the rainy Pacific Northwest, USA. I have 2 super adorable/monstrous toddler nephews (with a 3rd one on the way!) My main crafts are soap making and other bath and body (lip balm, lotions, scrubs, bath truffles, masks, etc), crochet, and sewing, but I dabble in jewelry, scrapbooking/card making, cross stitch, embroidery, and anything else that catches my fancy. I like most colors but in certain combinations only, there is a long list in my profile.  I dont like black and pink together. No allergies, except wispy yarn like mohair makes me sneezy and itchy. I can't wear necklaces at all and have to be careful with other jewelry (needs to be loose and high quality/breathable material) because I have contact dermititis. I love hamsters and books and don't care for knick-knacks or amigurami or things that just take up space (I am trying to cut the clutter!)

Crafts

**8 inch knit or crocheted square in black, white or gray or combos

**Scrabble nameplate  :-)  It's hard to have a not-regular name, or one that people spell wrong!  Mary Ann!

** A t-shirt stenciled or decorated with  "I <3 geeks"  either just wording or with an image from a comic book (marvel), transformers (steeljaw would rock) or World of Warcraft. Women's perfect fit xxl from Old Navy fits me, um perfectly. Or if it had a pic of Shakespeare and said "Shakespeare hates your emo poetry" or something anti-Whitman, because I hate Walt Whitman oh so much.

**A cozy/holder for my sewing scissors. Ive been sewing since jr high and finally just bought a nice pair of fabric scissorsamazing!

** A needle book, pre-filled with nice/decent needles. I can never find needles, and when I do they are crappy ones that the tips break off of. (I don't even know what brand/kind would be a decent quality)

*Headbands~I think I might finally have enough sewn/reversible ones, but crocheted ones like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=227536.msg2526728;topicseen#msg2526728 thanks elmpixie! or maybe silky material almost scarf-like headbands. My hair is dark and I prefer bright or light colors (purples and greens especially!)

*Knit cable purse, any neutral or bright color http://www.wists.com/maremare312/36af2a50f0477f0a3163e64599b33bb1?offset=0

*Purse/bag any size with long-ish strap(s) (just to fit over my shoulder and tuck under my arm), in stripes, polka dots, wacky floral, or asian inspired material with magnetic button or would really love zipped closure. I tend to like bright (but not garish) patterns for material, and Amy Butler, Alexander Henry type stuff.

*Clutch purse, I love clutches and can never have enough! Any style, made any way, any color or design, please feed the addiction! I have several marked on my profile of some other people have made that I think are great, but I've never met a clutch I didn't like!

*Woven magazine purse, like on my wist ***If it was adapted to somehow be a small cluth that would just about the the coolest thing everand less time spent weaving!http://www.wists.com/maremare312/d96603f51b726346adb7239e52cd5982?offset=20

*Fun blocks or trucks for my toddler nephews (I wish I had wood working skills...and power tools!)

* Anything for toddlers that is Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles.

*Something Zelda or Mario or Tetris themed, especially wall art or something for the fridge (magnets would be awesome!) Or something with old school NES controllers, there are tons of awesome things on craftster and I'm so jealous!

*Large scale-floral art work (painted stencils on canvas would rock) Small pieces of art would be appreciated too (5in x 7in), I just like the large scale flowers, if that makes sense (not a tiny pattern?) Here is an example of a few I like from target, but would prefer brighter colors (purple, or red, or teal on a light gray or pale color complimentary background would be great: http://www.target.com/Small-Beige-Leaves-Wall-Art/dp/B000TVJZH4/sr=1-3/qid=1200811332/ref=sr_1_3/601-6249443-0484968?ie=UTF8&index=target&field-browse=1038616&rh=k%3Aart&page=1 I

I like the colors in this one--brown and pale blue http://www.target.com/Carnations-Canvas-Framed-Art-Pistachio/dp/B000LY5RG2/sr=1-2/qid=1200811531/ref=sr_1_2/601-6249443-0484968?ie=UTF8&index=target&field-browse=1038616&rh=k%3Aart&page=1

And I love 3 piece ones! Swirls and the colors are cool, or above colors http://www.target.com/Swirl-Wall-Art-Canvas-3-pc/dp/B000J41KTC/sr=1-7/qid=1200811593/ref=sr_1_7/601-6249443-0484968?ie=UTF8&index=target&field-browse=1038616&rh=k%3Aart&page=1

*Small ready-to-go scrapbook (s) in boy/toddler theme (I would just have to add pics) Thanks rosanna9041!

**If anybody has a pattern or can design a pattern to make a play mat for my nephews, that would be awesome. I'm not great at designing/drawing, but I want a little town with roads with lots of parking spaces, they love to line up their cars. This has been something I have wanted to make for a while but I'm a little stalled in the idea dept! ***OR if you could make a bunch of felt decorations to put on the playmat--trees and buildings and such!

** A heavy duty-ish case for my camera, please pm for dimensions, it is kinda big (compared to all these gum pack sized ones out now!) I would really like it to be strong, maybe with home dec fabric and padding/batting or lots of interfacing to protect it

**A checkbook cover, maybe with florals or something neutral to match lots of purses? I would love it if had one of those vinyl/plastic flaps at the bottom for my double page carbon checks so they don't bleed through onto the next one.

*A wallet that is fairly neutral colored (but not boring) with room for quite a few cards and cash. A pocked for change would be nice! Black and whites or browns/ tans or white/red in florals or stripes or a classic type pattern.

*Toddler clothes~we never seem to have enough extras when they spill (they arent over at our house that much). Stenciled t-shirts, sweat pants or shorts Thanks Sajona!.  Size 3-4T, 2T would be ok too. Something that said I get my good looks from my Aunt  or something similar would rock! Also pirate themed (but not too scary if skeletons) Or trucks, veggie tales, dogs, transformers, ninja turtles, monkeys, or elephants.

*Potty Training rewards container. A container decorated with Aidan to keep his treats when he uses the potty. He loves gum and pez, so it doesnt have to be super big, just something that is clearly his. And I think it would be funny if it looked like a toilet, but I dont know if thats appropriate or might derail the potty training lol. (When I do bad my constant excuse is, what do I know, I dont have kids, Im just the aunt! )

Craft Kits

*Needle Felting Kit with Directions/Needles

Craft Supplies

**Return address stamp  :-)

**Fuzzy-velvety-ish fabric in solid brown and solid olive green. Hard to explain but I need it to make teenaged mutant ninja turtle costumes for the boys

**Belting? Is that what its called, sometimes you use it to make purse handles and its sold by the yard? Maybe 1- 1 inches wide. A couple yards in brown or green

*Sock weight yarn, preferably in a solid color (red, black, cream or olive green would be my faves)

*Patterns/Books~ Sewing books! Ive been sewing for a long time but dont really know what Im doing. I also have had a serger for 5 years and havent been able to figure out how to thread it.

*Patterns/Books on~Tapestry Crochet, the kind with the square chart/graph

*Patterns/Books on~Beginning quilting, very simplistic, also a color chart would be nice, or maybe a pattern for a small wall quilt to start out with?

*Stitch n Bitch (just in case someone has an extra copy to unload!) or sequals

**Large floral stencils (maybe 8-12 inches long+) so I could make above artwork (a la Target) on my own

*Other stencils that I could use: small scale ones for the boys clothes in boyish themes: trucks, ninja turtles, etc, larger scale ones for tees and bags for myself. Quotes or silhouhettes outlines from scenes from Office Space, Alice in Wonderland, or Clueless, No Doubt/Gwen Stefani (band pics or song lyrics) um or anything else that I like that is listed in my profile.

*I would love some Tonka truck material (or hot wheel race cars) to make something for my nephews. I would probably incorporate it into the play mat I have been planning on making them for ages. At least a yard please, more is better when you dont have an exact plan  ;-)

*Soap Fragrances~long shot, but if someone happens to have any Polo blue for men dupe, white tea and amber dupe, or red clover tea, at least 2 ounces that they arent going to use

*Fun buttons, particularly wood/bamboo, natural looking or brightly colored, smaller with interesting shapes or bigger than a nickel if round or square

* Small zippers to make pouches (7 in or less?) any colors

*Notions/trims like bias tape (double fold, prefer extra wide), rick rack, piping.

*Surprises are cool, there is a lot of info in my profile and links and wist.

Extras

Lindt chocolate, yum!
Loose or bagged teas
Exotic or fun dried fruits (I saw some dried cran-cherrys the other day that sounded cool)
Pez candy refills and/or ninja turtle pez dispensers (gotta get 2 of stuff so there isn't fighting though please!)

http://www.wists.com/maremare312
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008 03:54:39 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
sajona
« Reply #232 on: April 30, 2008 05:29:59 AM »

i claim maremare for toddler boy clothes and some lindt...
list in a mo

HI Im Sajona from the county above London in the UK. I have 4 kids and dont smoke or have pets and I love 1950s and 70s retro fabric and pottery amongst other things. I love sewing and knitting and attempting to restore furniture! My favourite colours are purple, brown, black and rich reds I am not a pastel fan, although my kitchen is 1950s baby blue and cream.

WISH LIST

Crafted

ATCs and Inchies
Handknitted Socks (Im a UK size 5 so fairly average)
Cute retro pink things for my 2 year old DDs room plus anything hello kitty in pinkprobably have enough Hello kitty with all the claims recently
Necklace/pendants/bracelets any sort! Prefer silver rather than gold colour.
Pretties for my little DD
Anything Amy Butler or Heather Ross bags especially!
Anything from my wists
Cute crocheted toys for DD
Purple and Lilac 12 patchwork squares to help me make a quilt for our bedroom
Dark purple/lilac accessories/candles etc for our bedroom.
Something to organise my many necklaces and brooches in that goes with the dark purple, romantic theme! Can be a display item or a roll up item.
Aietsukos sewing organiser http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=230844.270
Shawl pins I love these:
http://www.scandinavianknittingdesign.eu/index1.html?target=d41.html

Supplies
Silk painting pens/paints/gutta and silk paj or similar fabric for painting on in white. NEW
Ceramic and glass paints NEW
Mod podge (happy to pay towards postage on this as I know it is heavy)
Packs of Japanese printed origami paper
Supplies for making ATCs and inchies have some can always use more!probably have enough with the various recent claims thanks
Supplies for polymer clay modelling
1950s or 1970s print fabric, pictures, anything really
Amy Butler and Cath Kidston fabric fat quarters, yardage anything!
Pretty cup cake/muffin cases
knit picks needles especially the interchangeable ones
Sock yarn unusual, hand dyed
Guterman/Sulky machine embroidery thread in any shade

Extras

I am addicted to Reeses Pieces and would always be happy to receive!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008 05:37:07 AM by sajona » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My biz page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/CarolinePearceKnitwear
My blog: http://sajona.blogspot.com/
My flikr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/95027356@N00/sets/72157602013921043
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #233 on: April 30, 2008 06:25:48 AM »

I claim sajona for:

Inchies
AND
Necklace/pendants/bracelets any sort! Prefer silver rather than gold colour.

This is my 6th claim (2 sent, 3 received)

I live in Alberta, Canada and I'm mostly a stay-at-home Mom but I also have a casual job as a bank teller.  I like bright colors for things in my house and every room is a different color.  I have themes for each season around my house (and a few of them are lacking!)  I'm 'older' so I don't like anything that is too young or girly.  I also have 2 teenage sons so please make things family appropriate 

CRAFTED

Knit black, dark blue, dark green or dark purple fingerless gloves similar to THIS (but without the flap or complete thumb)  I'm not necessarily looking for this pattern but I showed it because I would like actual finger openings rather than just one large opening

Knit slippers (ladies size L) - I'd like them to be like booties - dark blue or dark purple

Resin bracelets with candy in them (adult sized)

Tablecloth that's at least 74" x 54" - the fabric can feature fall leaves, summer flowers, tulips or snowflakes

Handmade note cards (with blank insides) with or without envelopes is fine.

Cross stitch picture with either tulips, summer flowers, sunflowers or scarecrows (but not a mixture   ) 5x7 or 8x10

Steel Crochet hooks with neat handles something like this:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=6976.0

Fabric pillow covers - at least 18x18, black or yellow or a combination of both and I would appreciate them being more masculine looking since they are for our family room.

A stenciled or silk screen t-shirt for my hubby that features either Coca-cola or the characters from M&M's (the yellow peanut or small red guy)  Any color shirt except white and he wears a men's x-large.

Lap blanket made with fleece that has a sports theme (hockey would be thrilling!)

SUPPLIES   (see my wist for examples of the first 2 items)

Cotton fabric with canning jars on it - 2 yards

Cotton fabric with chocolate chip cookies on it - 1 yard

Printable fabric

Green cotton fabric suitable for a male quilt - minimum FQ/piece

Thread (no cotton please) - white, black, dark purple - not to sound too picky but if you choose this, please send me good quality thread and not the little spools you get from one of those cheap sewing kits - I use this for quilting and the cheap stuff does me no good.  I'd rather get a few good quality spools then a dozen cheap ones.

Quilting fabric - black/white, animal prints, craft related

Postage stamp punch like this - http://store.scrapbook.com/ek-psm85c.html or a heart shaped punch (medium to large size)

Silver or pewter charms - I'm planning to crochet a peddlar doll sometime this year and need more charms to sew on to her dress - examples would be scissors, brush, mirror, thimble or anything else that would seem suitable for a peddlar to sell.

Unique buttons - they can be new or vintage and all colors and any size

Check out my wists - I've added to it lately and I'd be happy with any item on it!

Extras

Sugarless gum
Interesting pens I can use at work

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008 06:29:10 AM by Homerof2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

witchybelle4u2
I am the terror that flaps in the night...

"I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!"

« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2008 06:43:21 AM »

I claim homerof2 for Silver or pewter charms, unique buttons and most likely something from her wists.

This is my 2nd claim, 1 sent, 0 recieved.

Hello! I'm Wondra and I live in "Sunny" South Wales. I'm 25 and married with three cats, two dogs and four beardies. I work at a bank to pay the bills and spend the rest of my time crafting (of course), reading (supernatural romance is a fav), writing and watching films (a LOT of films).

I'm Wiccan so anything Nature-based, pagan orientated or just downright witchy is appreciated.  (I'm never offended by pointed hatted witches with broomsticks.) I'm looking for things made out of amber, moss agate, and malachite as well as mounted quartz points. I don't have a rune set and I'd love a hand crafted one.

I'm also a big time sci-fi geek. Battlestar (old & new), Doctor Who (4th and 9th are my favs), Star Trek (I'm a STNG & DS9 girl), Babylon 5, Stargate (just the normal series, not Atlantis) and Firefly make my day.

Okay...

CRAFTED:

-I am OBSESSED with Columbo so anything Columbo related would be uber cool. Columbo artwork would be a big wish. (I'm art stupid.) Or, a cuddely Columbo. Smiley
-Wellies with something cool painted on them. (And water-proof, of course!) We get A LOT of rain and my toes always seem to be wet...But I haven't been able to find a pair of wellies that make me smile yet.
-AN APRON. This is a huge wish for me. (But nothing fluffy.) I'm kind of a klutz. Klutz+kitchen=OhWhatAMess.
-I don't know if this is possible-and it's really, really sad...But you know those footsie pjs that you use to wear as a kid? I totally want a pair big enough for grown up me.
-Buttons/badges. I cover pretty much everything in badges/buttons. Anything with my fav bands or scenes/characters from my fav movies/tv shows. Or, just anything funky.
-Lotions and lip balms. I can't get enough. The only scents/flavours I don't like are pineapple and coconut. Fruity flavours, chocolate, apple and pumpkin are winners. Also anything candy scented/flavoured. With summer on the way, melon is a must. 
-Cloth pads. Love 'em big style. Also, a plastic lined small pad wallet thingie for transporting.
-Knitted legwarmers. I totally missed out on this fad in the '80s and I'm craving it. Nothing too tight. Slouchy is good.
-Something Gnomish. A gnome? A cuddly gnome? (An edible gnome? Lol.)
-A resin bracelet with something nifty inside.
-A funky sock monkey. A sock monkey based on one of my fav sci-fi shows?
-We don't have central heating and even spring nights tend to be cold here so a lap blanket/mini quilt would be appreciated. Or fingerless gloves!
-I write A LOT so blank journals/books/notebooks, etc are always appreciated. Also, I'd love an autograph book-something with a clasp or decent closure and a protective cover. (I collect autographs and go to a lot of conventions.)
-A Sharpie holder for my conventions. Something that rolls and fits into my purse/bag?
-Anything tree themed. I dig trees. Cards, tees, pillows, art, ANYTHING.
-Something related to The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. My hubby and I are both addicted big style. Or, something related to the old Hero Quest (aka: So You Want to be a Hero) game for DOS. Or, old school Mario and Zelda.
-Something related to the show House M.D. A cuddly House? A cuddly House! Or House MD art. (Spot a theme? Lol.)
-Goddess figures-can be anything from dolls to art, etc. Just what is your impression of the goddess? (Thanks Samsara!)
-I love Bettie Page and Ditta Von Teese so anything with that pin-up girl/bondage queen look would be good.
-A shrug(s). It's sort of a mix between "I have fat arms" and "we have no central heating." Something loose-ish on my upper arms. Doesn't matter if it's crochet, knit, sewn, whatever.

SUPPLIES:

-hand dyed/hand spun wool. I'm a purple, red, orange, pink girl. Anything + black would be cool too.
-Buttons and ribbons. I always seem to be running out...
-Soap making supplies. I used to have loads but then I moved and they all got lost.  I haven't been able to re-invest in them so ANYTHING, even second hand, would be appreciated.
-Purse handles. Zippers. I need both but never think to get them when I'm at the craft store.
-A resin bracelet or resin pendant kit. I've been dying to try this.
-A book on oragami and some oragami paper. It's something I'd like to learn. (previously loved books are all good.)
-Rubber stamps. (Doesn't matter if they're second hand.) A rubber stamp making kit would be UBER cool.
-A microscope slide pendant kit thingie or some already made microscope pendants. Oooh...Or, Dominoes to paint or already made dominoe pendants. (I'm random, I know.)
-A needle felting kit. With instructions please!
-I'd love to knit but I'm knit-stupid. If you have any thing or any way to teach me how to knit it would be mucho appreciated.
-Summer themed fabric or summer themed scrapbook paper.
-Glass beads since I'm always running out or wooden beads to use with hemp. Black beads of any shape or size. I never seem to have any when I need them! Bronze findings would be a bonus.
-You know those little packets of dye that you used to make tye-dyed shirts when you were a kid? (That wasn't just me, was it?) Well, I'd love some of those. Or even a tye-dye kit.

EXTRAS:

-Old game bits. Things like Scrabble, Monopoly, etc. Typewriter keys, keyboard keys. Random bits of paper and ephemera.
-Old US Weekly, Entertainment Weekly and Martha Stewart mags. These always come in handy. Also, old Cosmo, FHM and *a bit naughty* Playboy mags are appreciated too!
-Something for my hubby. He's so patient with my crafting so it'd be nice to give him something in return. He's into horror films, especially the old Hammer films, and Romero films. Zombies in a big way and has a thing for old British Comedy. Sweep (from the Sooty Show) is his fav. Also, art supplies.
-Cookie cutters-it occured to me that I don't have any and I'd like some! Any shapes or sizes...And cookbooks from different areas.
-Vintage lunch boxes, preferably the metal kind, for storing little goodies.
-Mini storage boxes. We have a very small house and a lot of stuff. When something doesn't have a place it gets very cluttered. I never have enough storage boxes.
-OMG! Did I hear that they have chocolate Skittles now? If you have any in your area and would send me some, I'd absolutely love it!

There are about a million other ideas in my wists! ANYTHING from or inspired by my wists would be great.
http://www.wists.com/wondra

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008 09:03:36 AM by witchybelle4u2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Careful...there are occupational hazards to being a god." (The Transcendent Pig)
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2008 10:15:24 AM »

I pick Witchybelle for something tree related and probably a wisty something too  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #236 on: April 30, 2008 10:19:59 AM »

Hi, Im Samsara, Im in the UK and I get three wishes. This is my fifth claim this round. 5 claimed; 3 sent, 3 received

My Wish list
Ethical & Allergies - Im a vegetarian, so no animal products please (wool's okay, but leather, fur, suede or gelatine aren't!) Im also allergic to nickel.

Crafted:
Jewellery
*A crystal/gemstone necklace!
*If you play with hot glass, Id love one of your creations! Fused, dichroic, stained or lamp worked I love glass! 
*A hippy necklace or pendant (no plastic or seed beads please) Thanks Jojo - I'll leave this one up
*A bracelet
*A fork bracelet

Fiber
*A newsboy hat in purple or black or green  Grin
*Any funky hat! I love hats, the more unusual the better!
*The Phoenix scarf from Charmed Knits
*A dragon scarf
*Felted slippers
*Bunny Slippers a la Happy Hooker! Purple bunnies would be fab!
*A felted and embroidered/embellished brooch.
*Wooden or decorated Needles or Hooks! I love these
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7551543
*Thrummed mittens Grin

Sewn
*A jewellery roll
*Long (Full length) bloomers or patchwork pj style pants
*A sewn or quilted water bottle carrier for a 1 lt sports bottle
*Some washable cloth pads with wings and a fastener Thanks sin esperanza  Grin
*A knitting project bag, something with a slippy interior and a drawstring top so that the yarn will feed out and not jump all over the floor! Or a yarn bowl? Thanks Pinupmommy
*Strong grocery bags

Household
*Something for my garden? I have a sort of enchanted garden theme going on mushrooms, fairies, wind chimes, wind-dancers and sun catchers that sort of thing  Grin
*A wind chime - Thanks Jojo, I'll leave this one up  Grin
*A cover for my small food processor in a nice fabric (I have a golden yellow kitchen) pm me for measurements!

Miscellaneous
*Decorated USB drives
*Anything dragon related
*A surprise! 

Supplies
*Glass etching paste (I cant find any near me) Thanks Frosty!
*DIY Kool-Aid dyeing kit
*A magic yarn ball with a fun project to do  Grin (Any yarn except acrylic I have loads of that in my stash!)
*Flexible moulds for polymer clay/resin, or some of that flexible stuff for making your own moulds.  Grin
*Rubber Texture sheets for polymer clay I cant get them here in the UK
*Sock yarn!
*100% wool yarn for felting or dyeing
*Dragon charms
*Bias tape maker
*Any of those single skein project books - I knit and crochet, so I don't mind either   
*Alternative craft books - there are some fab ones about at the moment! Any craft book in fact, I don't mind vintage or pre-loved! Im particularly after books about drop spindle spinning, macram and cold process soap making at the moment  Grin

Spanish Language Harry Potter Books! Hard to find here in the UK. Can you help me? I dont mind pre-loved..

Extras: I'm desperately trying to lose weight so many thanks, but edibles are off the extras list.  Wink If you have space and you really want to send something extra, I can always use ribbons, threads, felt or beads  Wink

Anything from/inspired by my wists http://www.wists.com/Samsara
If there's something you love to make and you think I might like it, then claim me  Grin

About me
Im 38, Im an art teacher, and I live in the UK with my BF, 2 cats and a german shepherd dog. Im basically a hippy-gothy chick, my favourite colours are purple, black, turquoise and emerald green, although any strong colours are also cool especially rainbows (I dont like pastels and I cant wear yellows, or yellow based browns or oranges as they really dont suit me!) I love batiks, appliqus, Indian fabrics and tie dyes. I love tactile things, and things that are practical rather than decorative. Favourite themes are cats, dragons, peacocks, nature, trees, stars, Ohms, lotus, tribal style designs, anything Celtic, Art-Nouveau, steam punk or Zetti, sci-fi and fantasy books and films.

Ive included my Wists, but dont feel obliged to produce exact copies, theyre more a general guideline of what I like or would like!
Heres some extra information about me if you want! http://samsarasswapinfo.blogspot.com/

Thanks in advance for choosing me!!   

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008 02:35:35 PM by Samsara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunspotted
« Reply #237 on: April 30, 2008 06:30:33 PM »

I think I'm sneaking in just under the wire to claim Samsara for a One Skein book I have no further need for and some yarn and other supplies and who knows what else. 

I'm in Canada, this is my fourth claim (1 sent, 2 rec'd) and I'll be right back with my list. 

Crafted Stuff

* Wind chimes - something silvery or blue or both and tinkly (as opposed to loud and clanky).
* Other stuff for my deck window boxes, decorated pots, all-weather cushions, etc. (black, grey, blue, tan and any mixtures of those colours).
* Wrist corsage-style pin cushion.   -- thanks ritapizza
* Sewing machine cover, something awesome and funky.
* Yummy smelling fruity candles (especially coconut and citrus), no florals please.  Anybody make soy candles? 
* Project Journal 3 Ring Binder Style.
* Birding journal small decorated, lined book to keep track of the birds I see. 
* Video iPod case Im afraid to take it anywhere, which defeats the purpose of an iPod.  Nothing too cutesy please.  Padded fabric or a soft yarn would be awesome.
* Pillow and cases and covers and cushions embroidered, sewn, quilted, stenciled, whatever.  Lots of examples on my wists.
* I broke my magnifying compact and I still havent replaced it, and I thought someone might want to make me a decorated one??  Yes/no??   Must be magnifying, I am old and blind.
* Wall hanging/mini-quilt black and white (with some colour is okay), up to 24 inches wide, any length.  Is that too huge of a wish?  -- apparently not, THANK YOU quilted!!!
* Something for the cats scratching post, kitty pi, fabric cat bed, hammock, igloo, tunnel, basically anything they can sleep in, on or around.  Ideas on my wist too.
* I am fascinated by the whole bento concept.  Is there such a thing as a starter kit?

Supplies

* Fabric or flat cotton sheets (double size or larger) in any black/white combo.  I need two (they don't have to match, in fact I'd prefer them not to) to make a duvet cover out of.  Used is fine as long as they aren't stained or worn out.  Unless you desperately want to make me the duvet cover.  Grin   That would work too.
* Yarn I do not recognize the concept of too much yarn, it is impossible.  I am on a mission to make afghans/lapghans for the local nursing homes, so non-crappy acrylic (especially soft baby acrylic) is always good, though I really dont need more white.  Theres no such thing as too much cotton (especially bright colours).  In spite of my allergy, I have a list of want-to-do patterns longer than my arm that are felted, so Im ready to try wool again.   -- thanks Therisa    Id also love to try fancy types that I cant get here soy, bamboo, hemp, wool blends, etc.  Especially bamboo.  I have a project in mind for my mom that requires 4x80g of a bamboo yarn.  A bright or jewel tone colour would be fantastic.  I hate buying online, I always get the colour wrong.  This being said, I do not recognize novelty yarn (including the evil boucle) as actual yarn.  No need to send any of that. 
* Soy wax.  I can't seem to find any locally.
* Cool buttons!
* Glass vase marble thingies (like this http://www.save-on-crafts.com/glassvasegems1.html) in dark blue, clear or silver.
* Crochet hooks (I seem to be running low on E-I, I keep giving them away when I teach people) used are fine, Ive never used anything but Boye so all these bamboo, comfort-grip, fancy-schmancy hooks interest me. 
* Anybody have a woodburning tool they don't use and would like to pass on? 

Extras

* Piano (any level) sheet music.  If its not my style Ill use it for a decoupage project idea. 
* Coffees and teas from oh-so-foreign lands (aka anywhere that isnt small town Canada).
* See above but substitute gum.
* I love interesting foods and recipes.  I live in the middle of nowhere,  I have to drive an hour to buy milk, so Id love to receive exotic ingredients.  Please dont send anything perishable, mail takes forever to get here.
* Surprise me!  I like useful things as opposed to purely decorative.  Storage ideas are always appreciated. 

* I have a wist.  Its growing every day!

About Me

Hi, Im Allison, a 30-whatever year this is (8??) year old hermit from the wilds of Ontario.  Seriously, I have more deer and bears visit than people, and Im okay with that.  I am completely ready for the apocalypse and would be happy to share my rutabagas and pemmican making skills with the people of Craftster.  I have two large dogs and three cats that think they are dogs.  These days my primary craft is crochet though Im attempting to better my embroidery skills.  I have trouble remember to take pictures of FOs, but  I finally have a digital camera, its around here somewhere.  I have the attention span of a gnat. 

I love nature and animals (except when theyre eating my garden or ripping open the garbage bin), music and books.  I love the idea of babies (which is why Im a fantastic baby shower guest) but would sooner chew off my own arm than have one.  I dont have a favourite colour, though I do believe that yellow is best used sparingly and bright turquoise is a tool of the devil.  I refuse to acknowledge the existence of neons.   I am decorating a new house and you can check my profile for colour schemes if you want.  Im allergic to most metal and dont wear jewelry.  I don't have a sweet tooth but I'm addicted to coffee, gum and potato chips.  I never use a sentence when I can use an entire paragraph.  Also, Im only marginally computer literate but Im working on it. 

Thanks in advance to whoever claims me.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008 06:33:29 PM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #238 on: April 30, 2008 06:49:05 PM »

Alrighty sunspotted you are last!

Round 33 is now closed.

Round 34 is up and running!

Please join below.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=243414.0

Sunspotted's list will be over there
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008 06:50:11 PM by TwiztidBlood » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
vegasbrownsugar

Oatmeal on my face, why?

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 01, 2008 11:30:21 PM »

I want to join a swap but all the rules include that you have to already completed one swap.  How can you do that unless you are allowed to be in a swap?   Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Your First Movie: Lighting
How to Cast Your First Movie
How to Budget Your First Movie
How to Write Your First Movie
How to Make a Storyboard
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...