A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 33  (Read 39257 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Therisa

Knitfiend, Mad Sewist

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2008 08:05:29 AM »

I claim mimiw for sublime stitching craft pad and manly soap.  This is my eighth claim, six received and one sent.  I live in Michigan USA, I am not a vegetarian, I'm a non-smoker, and I am allergic to cats and to aloe vera.  Plus I am a crafting fiend, and love only natural fibers.

Crafts -color and style ideas on my wist

coin purse

handmade candles with natural scent

apron for my collection - your creative ideas will rock!
garter belt  (waist is 98 cm)

beaded or crocheted bottle cover for wine bottle

key leash for purse (purple, black, cream purses each need key leashes) -any durable material would be great

envelope bag

pencil/pen case

sugar or salt exfoliating scrub (just make sure not to have aloe vera, please)

embroidery tote like this lovely one from aietsuko but with a removable pin cushion -

water bottle holder

hot/cold pack

beaded or crocheted headpiece

handmade soaps

2 yds tie-dyed cotton or linen fabric (I am a big person so one yard wouldn't cover anything)

beach towel for lounging on at lake or poolside

incense holders for the long, skinny type of incense

handmade incense

serving tray for tea

silverware roll with matching napkin, for taking lunch to work

dressertop storage tray for 12 pairs of eyeglasses (lined with felt or something so the glasses don't slide around) - bedroom has sky blue walls with jewel colors for accent

set of table napkins (dining room is hot pink)

dishcloths, crafted

decorated toe separators for pedicure - I read that Beyonce had a set of these.

large bag appropriate to take to Renaissance Festival and to keep lots of stuff in like water bottle, etc.

camera case for small digital camera, any craft style would be great. 

Craft supplies
embroidery floss assortment, esp. blues
floss organizer case
iron-on transfers for embroidery, sublime stitching or otherwise but not floral or animal
marker pens for decorating on fabric
sharpies in colors other than black
steam-a-seam or other fusible web
silk fabric even in relatively small pieces:  you'd be amazed at how little is needed for a panty front or back
any knitting book by Meg Swansen except "Sweaters from Camp", your pre-loved copy is also appreciated
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008 08:07:36 AM by Therisa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I joined the Fabric Fast and pledged to buy no new yardage until July 1, 2008.

2008 Fabric Purchased: 56 yards

Fabric Sewn: 93 yards

Fabric Remaining: An Awful Lot

I am open to personal swaps!

http://www.wists.com/Therisa
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2008 08:49:03 AM »

I claim Therisa for a water bottle holder... (and probably a coin purse too - need to go buy more zippers).

2nd claim - 1 received.

Wish List

About me I'm a 6 foot tall, 34 y.o. living in Hollywood.
 Allegies - no patchouli, sandal wood, nag champa (not actually allergic to these, but they make my nose run horribly), If you send me food stuff, I don't eat mammals but I'm not a vegetarian. My S.O. is allergic to cats - but if you're careful and/or wash & clean thoroughly before sending , he'll be ok. On another food note - I'm allergic to blue food coloring, yes, just blue. 
Things I love: dogs, computers, technology, the internet, circuit board patterns, sci-fi, anime - anything Japanese really but especially hello kitty and san-x, dragon flies, the subway, hummingbirds, hearts, cherry blossoms, bikes
My favorite clothing designers = Oakley & Diesel
Dress wise, I do conservative but hip for work (I work at an internet company so I can't dress too stuffy). I'm a t-shirt and jeans girl at home. I love the idea of high heel tennis shoes 
Favorite colors: Cobalt Blue (any blue really as long as it doesn't look turquoise or aqua), Pink, Khaki Green, Red, Orange.
Yuck colors: I hate aquamarine, yellow, and turquoise - I don't really hate yellow, but it hates me. I don't like gold toned metals either.

Oh and NO Disney related stuff! I get Disney overload every day, trust me...

on to the List -

Wearable Stuff:
If you plan to make me any wearable stuff, please PM me for measurements.
1. a stencilled shirt with an art nouveau style pattern - Women's Medium Please - but must be stretchy as I'm kinda curvy (and long-ish 'cause I'm tall)
2. ANY of the 5 gajillion sweaters or shrugs on my wists
3. simple a-line skirt knee length

Jewelry:
1. Any piece of jewelry on my wists
2. Any jewelry inspired by something on my wists
3. A long loopy necklace with a collection of beads in blues or pinks. (a pink version would be a gift for my friend)

Other Crafty Stuff:
1. Katamari Ball - pin cushion or crocheted magnetic thing. Naaaah na na na na na Kata Mari DAHH MACCYY
2. I would love a copy of my last oakley purse - it's died a horrible death and it was the best purse I've ever had!!!
3. amigurumi cuteness animals, plants, food with faces to join the rest of the stuffies in my cube. (take a look at my previous posts - I have a picture of all of them together posted on this gallery)
4. Set of Coasters - preferably quilted fabric, like mini pot holders (I just need 2 - one for my desk at work [pinks, browns, greys, and reds or black and white] and one for my desk at home [blues or black and white])
5. Your ATC's or ATC style artwork that I can hang in my cube at work (fairly small scale)
6. a pop art style painting of my German Shepherd in blues or reds (I will provide photos, small scale as this will probably be on my desk at home or work)
7. A very simple lap quilt and/or pillow that I can keep at the office (can be fleece or whatever, not picky) with a Tinker Bell or Jessica Rabbit embroidered or stenciled on it this is the only wish Im lifting the Disney ban on. Disneys ok as long as it stays at the office 
8. Anything with a sewing machine or crochet hooks on it
9. Very simple necklace and earring holder- there is one on my wists that I love with a glass door, but anything close will work. Black, teak, or maple are the best colors for me.

Supplies:
1. Polymer Clay (any color) or Crayola Model Magic (in white)
2.  Crochet hooks - any size - I prefer metal but I'm teaching my friends and they are borrowing mine! I'd liek to give them their own when I teach them.
3. Fabric a yard is preferable, but I'm not picky! (see my wists for the types of fabrics I like doesnt have to be those exactly, just use those as a guideline when going through your stash)
4. Vintage Buttons preferably from 30s to 60s any size, any color 
5. Sterling silver findings for jewelry making
6. YARN! Any colors, any type, I would prefer at least 1 whole skein of each color. Im super into crocheting now-a-days and want to try more fun stuff
7.Felt squares, any color wool or polyester
8. half inch round circle hole punch
9. wacky shaped hole or edge punches for paper
10. Plain card stock in a variety of colors
11. BIG WISH a circular thread cutter. Ill be on a lot of planes with my new job over the next year and I want to stitch on the flight. In silver please, so that it blends with the rest of my jewelry: http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=454/181.0 THANK YOU THREADORYARN!
12. Paint markers any color I used to love these things and I cant find them anywhere near me.

While I prefer crafted stuff any of these would be appreciated as extras or what not:

1. Hello Kitty anything
3. San-X - Mr. Cold stuff would AWESOME
4. anything from meomi.com
6. Happy Hooker book 
7. any book on my wists
8. Throw in a few of the business cards for your online shop (if you have one) so I can give them to people who appreciate what you made for me Smiley

And.

Im always up for a surprise from the wists I think I like these wishes more sometimes Smiley you people are so creative!!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008 08:58:27 AM by animegirlie - Reason: adding wish list » THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
Therisa

Knitfiend, Mad Sewist

« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2008 09:09:15 AM »

I claim animegirlie for yarn.  This is my ninth claim, six received and one sent.  I live in Michigan USA, I am not a vegetarian, I'm a non-smoker, and I am allergic to cats and to aloe vera.  Plus I am a crafting fiend, and love only natural fibers.

Crafts -color and style ideas on my wist

coin purse

handmade candles with natural scent

apron for my collection - your creative ideas will rock!
garter belt  (waist is 98 cm)

beaded or crocheted bottle cover for wine bottle

key leash for purse (purple, black, cream purses each need key leashes) -any durable material would be great

envelope bag

pencil/pen case

sugar or salt exfoliating scrub (just make sure not to have aloe vera, please)

embroidery tote like this lovely one from aietsuko but with a removable pin cushion -

water bottle holder

hot/cold pack

beaded or crocheted headpiece

handmade soaps

2 yds tie-dyed cotton or linen fabric (I am a big person so one yard wouldn't cover anything)

beach towel for lounging on at lake or poolside

incense holders for the long, skinny type of incense

handmade incense

serving tray for tea

silverware roll with matching napkin, for taking lunch to work

dressertop storage tray for 12 pairs of eyeglasses (lined with felt or something so the glasses don't slide around) - bedroom has sky blue walls with jewel colors for accent

set of table napkins (dining room is hot pink)

dishcloths, crafted

decorated toe separators for pedicure - I read that Beyonce had a set of these.

large bag appropriate to take to Renaissance Festival and to keep lots of stuff in like water bottle, etc.

camera case for small digital camera, any craft style would be great. 

Craft supplies
embroidery floss assortment, esp. blues
floss organizer case
vintage iron-on transfers for embroidery on household linens, or stamped linens for embroidery - not cross-stitch, cutwork, or animal please
marker pens for decorating on fabric
sharpies in colors other than black
steam-a-seam or other fusible web
any knitting book by Meg Swansen except "Sweaters from Camp", your pre-loved copy is also appreciated
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008 11:27:24 AM by Therisa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I joined the Fabric Fast and pledged to buy no new yardage until July 1, 2008.

2008 Fabric Purchased: 56 yards

Fabric Sewn: 93 yards

Fabric Remaining: An Awful Lot

I am open to personal swaps!

http://www.wists.com/Therisa
frosty772
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2008 12:10:18 PM »

I claim Therisa for a wisty surprise!!  I hope thats ok!!  I saw something on you list that I would like to try my hand at!!

This is my third claim this round 
None sent (two are going to be mailed in an hour!!)
None recieved

Hello there !!
Im Tammy.  Im 35 and im a stay at home mom to three boys in NE OH.  I like to sew, quilt.  I am starting to get into embroidery and can crochet a little bit.  Im very much into girly type stuff and love anything regency -titanic era. I also love 30s-40s things as well.  I am allerigc to nickel.

Here are my wishes
First off any surprise off my wist list is great!!

Crafted Items~~

KNITTED AND CROCHETED
**Beaded or crocheted/knitted Miser Bag example like this http://www.onceuponapattern.com/59.html or this one http://www.somewhereintime.tv/antiques/miser.html (im not asking for exact replicas of these. However it is ok if they are lol !!).

Crocheted Victorian Reticule like this one http://www.knitheaven.com/vintagepatterns/23_LADYS_RETICULE_CROCHET.htm

I love this shawl and am willing to wait longer if anyone will make it for me. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CivilWarShawlKAL/  Im not picky about color.  Would be just happy to even have one.

A Nubia (Civil War Knitted Scarf). Red or Heather Gray would be lovely.  Im not sure if the link will take you directly there.  http://www.raggedsoldier.com/  If it doesnt Click on Needlework Necessities and Novelties and go to knitting patterns.

SEWN

**Civil War Era Cape called a Mathilde Mantilla (Think of a Civil War era Poncho.  This is basically what it is)  Here is a link to the pattern http://www.uvm.edu/%7Ehag/godey/images/s5902170.jpg  and here is an example of what it looks like http://www.thegracefullady.com/civilwargowns/ready-mades_silkmantle.htm Measurements will be provided.  Wool blend or Corduroy would be great. Hood is decrotive and is not functional. It only uses around 3 yards.  I would also prefer it lined for warmth. It would be great if I could retain the pattern as well for future projects.  (I can sew I just cant figure out how to make it <frown>) without a predrafted pattern.  OR If someone with any drafting skills wouldnt mind drafting a pattern to my size I could play around with it and make my own (If I have a pattern to work with)

Primitive Rageddy Ann doll (An example is in my wists)

Handwarmers like the ones offered at Hot Topic. Victorian Goth ones would be perfect.

Crazy Quilted Purse
Victorian capelet.  At least waist length please email for length.
Regency or Victorian era Reticule
Petticoat either knee or ankle length !!  (Im 5'5 email for length)

Bars of handmade soap (the kind that is made from lye).  I have always wanted to try it!!  Lavender, oatmeal, goats milk, citrus are great however any scents are welcome!!  Or soap supplies as I would love to learn how to make my own. Premade bars are appreciated as I have young children and am concerned with having lye in the house.     Gonna take a break this round lol

Ive always been curious about those soap bombs.  My kids would probally love them !!  Also jars of bath salts would be fantasic as well.

BEADED
A beaded Victorian Choker would be lovely. Thanks BKRenning4

Hand crafted candles are great too.  Prefer either fruit and or spice scented ones or lavender (only floral scented one I like).

Im also looking for a decorated tin (such as altoids).  I want something on it to read "Life Savings" on it. 

~~Supplies~~

A whimsey (spelling??) jar of buttons and ribbons and such would be really fun!!

Im always needing thread for sewing and this always stays on my list. I go through alot of black and white but love new colors too!!  The more the merrier and gently used is welcomed too !!

Sewing needles.  11/14 ball point and regular.  Prefer a name brand quality such as Singer or comparitive.

2 yard lengths of eyelet trims and any color is welcome !! 

Patterned Ribbons is also welcomed too (again another one of my standbys lol)!!

Unwanted Issues of Threads ( I have all of 2003 2006-2008 ) and Burda World of Fashion Magazine ( I have a couple (1/06**7/03** thanks to Sajona and also 4/05 !!) (used is fine) Knipmode, Ottobre, Patrones, La Mode

Gothic Lolita Bible Magazine (used is just fine) (these have patterns in them)

Purse handles and supplies.  Silver victorian clasps would be great too.

Scrapbooking items  (trims, paper, stickers anything!!).  Im also looking for some things like brads, ribbons, fancy paper, sissors.  Also fancy hole punchers please!! (Thanks Disneybelle more is welcomed!!)

Ephemera!!  Especially victorian and retro!!

Beading supplies like wire 18 gauge or higher, beads, spacers.   Issues of beading magazines and jewelry making.
Im also needing jewlery making supplies too.

Vintage Sewing Patterns!!  36 Bust is perfect. 
Im especially trying to find a Jumper from 1948(?) Simplicity 2705

I am learning to knit finally!!  It was a suggestion by Nofury of requesting a knitting kit!!  I love this idea!!   Im also looking for some new knitting needles.  I would prefer metal and I already have a size 3 Susan Bates.  Knitting and crochet magazines would be great (pre-loved older issues are fine as well!!) and any other info geared to beginning knitting!!  ~~  Needles are coming!!  Thanks Sajona!!

And some yarn!!  I would prefer not to recieve any 100% acrylic.  However wool, cotton, silky whatever!!  All colors are welcome.  My son is also wanting to learn to crochet so the more the merrier!!  Actually a beginning crochet kit just for him would be great too!!

Im also looking for scrapbooking paper that is food related.  Im making a scrapbook cookbook and would love some cool papers.  Also and scrapbooking stickers pictures ect that would also work would be great too!!

EXTRAS
Candy from outside the US, Including but not limited to, (NZ~~Minties, Pineapple Lumps and Wittakers) Kit Kats
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008 12:18:32 PM by frosty772 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians.blogspot.com
quilted
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2008 12:52:26 PM »

I claim Frosty772 for a Jar full of Whimseys (with a focus on buttons, ephemera, vintage things, and girly stuff)  Wink

This is my sixth claim, 1 sent, 3 received

Hi All! Im a 30-year-old crafty mamma in Seattle, WA. Im crafting as much as I can these days before I go back to work in a few months Sad

Non-specific items:
--Cognitive Behavioral Therapy art: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=240681.0
--Something funky and Jewish (e.g. something awesome and unique to use for Shabbat, Passover, etc.)
--Surprise me with something youre really into crafting
--Stuff inspired by my Wists: http://wists.com/quilted

Crafted items:
new: --a white or cream beret (preferably machine washable I gots a sweaty head!)
--a knitting needle roll
--manly clothes for my sons 12 inch baby doll
--Birds nest necklace (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=230854.570) Thanks AsphaltQueen!
--reusable fabric grocery bags I love the singlet style: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0, but anything strong would be wonderful!
--jojo_modjo style pendants: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=225690.msg2515999;topicseen#new
--A ribbon organizer, and maybe some ribbon?
--Fabric napkins (they can match, or not) Thanks DisneyBelle!
--Place mats
--A vehicle stuffie for my toddler my son Thanks Sunspotted!
--Machine washable hand puppets
--tissue pack holder for my purse

Supplies:
-- ribbon
-- 1.5 inch squares of pre-washed quilting fabric for my postage stamp quilt. Please only *one* of each fabric.
-- Partially used or new embroidery transfers

Extras:
--dark chocolate (the darker, the better)
--origami paper
--anything on wheels for the little guy
--doll accessories for my sons 12 inch baby doll (e.g. doll bottle, bib, etc.?)

Thanks so much! Please let me know if you have any suggestions for improving my list Smiley I wont be offended!

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008 12:58:00 PM by quilted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
KimberlyPye
« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2008 01:19:02 PM »

I've got quilted for a surprise (something I like crafting), (a) hand puppet(s), some ribbon, and some 1.5-in. squares.

This is my 3rd claim (1 sent, 0 received).

I live in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, USA with my husband and two ferrets.  I knit and crochet obsessively, but my day job as a researcher/editor holds me back!  I also enjoy reading, writing, camping, and cooking.  My three favorite authors are Shakespeare, Steinbeck, and Whitman. I've been experiment with vegan baking for a while, but I've recently taken the plunge and become a full-time vegetarian.  I like earth tones, greens, and pinks.  I dont usually like bright colors.  I like unique leaves, animals, and geometric designs; interesting and unique, but not too funky.  I dont eat/use anything with high fructose corn syrup or oils preceded by the words hydrogenated," partially hydrogenated, or interestified. Basically, I'm all-natural in the food department.

Check out my Wists for ideas and inspiration! http://wists.com/KimberlyPye

CRAFTS

Tea wallet (Coming! Thanks, girlosun_9!)

Embroidered hand towels for the kitchen (Coming! Thanks, girlosun_9!)

Small polymer clay thingies/stitch markers/magnets (cute animals/food)

Tote like (these are tutes)
    This one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=91070.0
    Or this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=52143.0
    (I like the colors on both of those.)

The kind of tote/hobo bag with two handles that are part of the body, but they come up and tie together.  Know what I mean?
    Like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=165142.0 but with tied straps; though just like this would be fine too!)

(Getting a tote from Homerof2. One should do it for now!)

Unique, artsy pillow(s) for the couch. My couch is black. Examples of things I like:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=212217.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=225457.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=213948.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=197070.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=133649.0

Reading pillow (pillow with straps to hold the book down) styled like this:
http://www.montessoribyhand.net/patterns/readingpillow.html (but Im breezy on the fabric choice)

Row-counter bracelet (and instructions for using)

Scented candles (most scents are fine)

Nature-themed mosaic (LOVE this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=234653.0)

Postage stamp necklace
(Tute here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=39105.0 -- LOVE that fish!)

A hand-made stamp - by you! (Happy woodland creatures would make me smile!)

Reusable singlet-style grocery bag(s) with or without pocket for folding
(Tute here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0)

Surprise me with something you're proud of and like making!

CRAFT SUPPLIES

sock yarn

safety eyes

Sublime Stitching patterns (I like Camp Out!, Kurt Halsey, Sushi Bar, I Luv Veggies)

DeliciousCrochet patterns http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5162369

Solid worsted weight yarn scraps (at least 4 yards long, acrylic is best) for my yo-yo afghan
Pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepyefamily/sets/72157604072993386/
(Getting some from Homerof2, but I can always use more!)

Sleepy Snake & Mischievous Mouse pattern (http://mochimochiland.com/shop/items/snakemouse.php)

Colored vinyl records (any size)

Yarn ball winder

drop spindle (tried making one - I don't think it works)

crochet books/magazines (new/used/vintage/whatever - pm first to see if I have it)

two-inch cotton squares of fabric for a postage stamp quilt (haven't started it yet, but I have grand dreams)

EXTRAS

Paper coasters (from restaurants, bars, etc.) for my collection

Yankee Candle votives/tea lights/jars (if youre rich!)/tarts in just about any scent
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008 01:23:36 PM by KimberlyPye » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sin esperanza
« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2008 03:04:11 PM »

I Claim KimberlyPye for a Reusable singlet-style grocery bag(s) with or without pocket for folding and maybe an extra surprise.  This is my 5th claim, 1 sent, 2 received, 1 in process.

Wishlist

Im Shruti.  I live and study in New Zealand and crafting keeps me sane (ish!).  Im vegetarian so no leather or animal products except wool coz Im allergic to most acrylic yarn (go figure).  Im also quite, quite mad.  My taste is pretty eclectic but Im not girly and Im not into pastel colours.  I love most earthy shades.  Also love black and purple and green.

Other useful things to know about me... i like books (thank you kitkabbit).  I like anatomically correct uterii.  I like dance, especially flamenco.  I also have a series of angry rants about diets, skinny tyranny, misuse of apostrophes and idiot men.

Crafts
Knitted
Hat like this in forest green, etc
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=197572.0
Leg warmers like this (in colours I like) ta 1boy1girl1kitty2!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=146167.0
Hooded scarf (in colours I like)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=215865.0
Knitted Knucks like these (love the tree!!)
http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer06/PATTknucks.html
chevron arm warmers
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=85318.0
knitted socks (i'm a size 36 european, not fussed about colours or patterns.. whatever takes your fancy!)

Crochet
Amigurumi totoro
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=206245.0
belly dancing accessories like these
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=99706.0
Luna lovegood scarf (not picky about pattern and colour, just like the style)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=238536.0

Sewn
Sewing machine cover farmgirljane is my hero!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=157285.0
harem pants like these
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=193388.0
an apron (i love this one but any full apron, i'm clumsy, in colours/fabric you think i'd like would be wonderful!)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=151723.msg1540004#msg1540004
tape measure like this but more my style!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=220545.0

Other crafts (paper, image transfer, needlework!)
embroidered patches (i like the ones in my favourite projects but anything non-cutesy is great)
handmade journal for knitting projects (so i can record what i did and learnt!)
stitch markers (food and skulls are faves) thank you witchybelle4u2 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=238712.0
Mimiw inspired Stained glass suncatcher (dragon fly, witchy themed?)
Custom stencil(s) - virginia woolf, sylvia plath... pm me for images

Craft Supplies
Bias tape (black and red) and vintage buttons
Carded wool in non-pastel shades for wet felting
corset making kit
learn to crochet kit
a yarngasm?!
Hand cookie cutter so I can make ASL soaps (hehe)

Extras
i love chocolate, local postcards and zines!

Thank you for picking me! xx
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008 04:40:41 PM by sin esperanza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate handing over money for what I could just as easily do myself, it makes me nervous.  ~Sylvia Plath

My STS 33

Altered Fairy Tales Swap
ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2008 06:41:01 PM »

I claim SinEsperanza for a decorated tape measure

This is my 6th claim, 3 sent/received

I'm in Massachusetts US, I do mostly knit, but I also crochet, spin, and used to cross-stitch, embroider and a little bit of tatting. I like the cooler colors (blues, purples, greens) but a little oomph of the red/orange/yellows doesn't hurt either. Nothing holiday themed please - I like being able to use my things all the time, not just a few weeks a year  Grin

My list, in no particular order -

Crafts

a 'dishwasher fairy' doll - in our house, the 'dishwasher fairy' empties the dishwasher when I don't see or ask anyone to do it. I doubt it's very big, maybe 5-6" (27-30cm) and doesn't come around too often Smiley

decorated (and absorbent Smiley) kitchen towels, potholders, etc

polymer clay crochet hook or tatting shuttle

Teeny bead-topped knitting needles
(I have the 'plain' knitting needles I can send if there's a beader who can figure out how to attach the beads securely)

tawashis (japanese style scrubbies - small-ish, acrylic yarn discloths)

small zippered pouches to keep all the loose stuff in my purse a little less loose Smiley
pocket tissue holder (sewn, crocheted, knit, whatever you like)
thanks mimiw!

handdecorated small notes cards to include in swap packages Thanks Mlsocci74!

cotton soap sack with handmade soaps

'flat' (I think it's called a "sling" style?) shoulder purse

rubik's cube stuffie (this idea)

decorated ID badge reel like this (doesn't have to be clay-decorated, it was just the 1st pic I found)

double-stitch markers or any stitch markers for small needles (US size 3, 3.25mm or smaller)

tote bag Thanks GirlOSun!

laides crocheted kippah in this design but in purples and/or blues. Or any other pretty,  but not really lacy, design

neckwarmer/cowl/shortscarf to wear with a pine green coat or an earwarmer/headband to use instead of a hat (I don't look good with the squashed hat-hair look  Wink )

Supplies

1 1/2" (4cm) cotton fabric squares (any color except neon-bright, and no holiday themes please) Thanks HokieKate!

bamboo handled crochet hooks (US sizes F, G, or H)

Casein Knitting needles

Flex knitting needles (they look like circulars that have been cut in half)

pretty 100% cotton flannel I can use to make cloth pads (not 'kid-cutesy' please, and no faces) Thanks NoFury!

assorted acrylic worsted weight, any color, about 50-75yds each (it makes for good tawashi and amigurumi) Thanks Dulcinea!

New Pathways for Sockknitters book by Cat Bordhi
Cool Socks, Warm Feet by Lucy Neatby
Andean Folk Knits by Marcia Lewandowski
(pre-owned books in good condition are just fine with me)

something from, or based on, my etsy favorites

Extras
Chocolate, plain or with nuts (unless you want to share with the hubby - he likes the mint & fruit-filled chocolates)
tea, hot chocolate mixes
Gone With The Wind (paperback book) by Margaret Mitchell

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008 07:28:47 PM by ThreadOrYarn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hokiekate
« Reply #178 on: April 22, 2008 06:46:42 PM »

I claim ThreadOrYarn for 1 1/2" (4cm) cotton fabric squares (any color except neon-bright, and no holiday themes please)
I'm in Fairfax, Va (USA).  This is my ist claim this round.

About me: I am a 30-year-old stay at home mom who loves to sew, but seems to have very little time to do so of late. I'm not very girly and I'm not a big fan of trinkets.  Basically, I'm very practical and like useful things.  Of course, I consider things to hang on the walls useful Wink.

Crafts

-Play food for my son's new toy kitchen.  Felt or crocheted.

-Dress up clothes.  I'm trying to put together a collection of dress-up clothes for my 2.5-year-old son, but I'm stumped for what to include in it.  So far, all he has is some capes and a fireman hat.  I would appreciate some assistance -whatever you can dream up.

-Toy butterfly.  Ever since I took my little guy to see the butterfly pavillion at the Natural History Museum, he has been nuts about them.  Maybe a little crocheted butterfly?  Or something made from felt?  I don't know.  I'm stumped, so help me out!

-Cloth napkins, for everyday use, in shades of blue, purple, or yellow (to match my kitchen)

-A tote bag to bring to the farmer's market this spring/summer.  Something sturdy enough to handle all my veggies!

-Homemade soaps.  I love homemade soaps and trying different scents.  They are so much nicer than store bought, using them feels like a luxury Wink.

-Notecards for my sister-in-law.  Her interests are bicycling, recycling, and carpentry. - *new*

-Notecards for my sister.  Her interests are butterflies, origami, and poetry. - *new*

-Anything inspired by my wists.

-Surprise me with what you do best.  Just, you know, try to make it something I can make use of Wink.

Supplies

-Quilting fabric.  I'm a quilter and my stash is woefully in need of some yellows, purples and neutrals.  I'll accept any and all sized pieces (including scraps), but I would really prefer quality fabric.

-Sewing patterns for children's' clothing.  I especially would like a pattern for baby bloomers (you know, to wear under dresses).

-Embroidery needles - *new*

-Transfer Pen for embroidery - *new*

-Bias Tape Maker

-Some kind of crafting book or magazine that can instruct me on how to actually make felt food.  I can figure out a bunch of things for myself, but anything three dimensional really trips me up.  I haven't been able to find any books at the library or magazine online, so maybe some crafter out there can help me Smiley.

Extras

-Anything related to Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings (and if you know how to get a hold of some episodes on DVD, please PM me!)

-3" fabric squares for a scrap quilt I'm working on.  Don't send a ton - just a few.  And all different fabrics please.  I want a real variety Wink.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008 05:17:53 AM by hokiekate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2008 06:47:47 AM »

I claim hokiekate for:

Quilting fabric.  I'm a quilter and my stash is woefully in need of some yellows, purples and neutrals.  I'll accept any and all sized pieces (including scraps), but I would really prefer quality fabric.

-3" fabric squares for a scrap quilt I'm working on.  Don't send a ton - just a few.  And all different fabrics please.  I want a real variety

This is my 4th claim (2 sent, 1 received)

Well, I'm nervous about claiming again since the last few times I seem to have stalled this swap but I'm giving it another go since I've added more and I hope things work out!!  I live in Alberta, Canada and I'm mostly a stay-at-home Mom but I also have a casual job as a bank teller.  I like bright colors for things in my house and every room is a different color.  I have themes for each season around my house (and a few of them are lacking!)  I'm 'older' so I don't like anything that is too young or girly.  I also have 2 teenage sons so please make things family appropriate  Smiley

CRAFTED

Knit black, dark blue, dark green or dark purple fingerless gloves similar to THIS (but without the flap or complete thumb)  I'm not necessarily looking for this pattern but I showed it because I would like actual finger openings rather than just one large opening

Knit slippers (ladies size L) - I'd like them to be like booties - dark blue or dark purple

Resin bracelets with candy in them (adult sized)

Tablecloth that's at least 74" x 54" - the fabric can feature fall leaves, summer flowers, tulips or snowflakes

Handmade note cards (with blank insides) with or without envelopes is fine.

Cross stitch picture with either tulips, summer flowers, sunflowers or scarecrows (but not a mixture  Smiley ) 5x7 or 8x10

Steel Crochet hooks with neat handles something like this:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=6976.0

Fabric pillow covers - at least 18x18, black or yellow or a combination of both and I would appreciate them being more masculine looking since they are for our family room.

A stenciled or silk screen t-shirt for my hubby that features either Coca-cola or the characters from M&M's (the yellow peanut or small red guy)  Any color shirt except white and he wears a men's x-large.

A set of 4 placemats for my kitchen table - any fabric that is summery would be great!

Lap blanket made with fleece that has a sports theme (hockey would be thrilling!)

SUPPLIES   (see my wist for examples of the first 2 items)

Cotton fabric with canning jars on it - 2 yards

Cotton fabric with chocolate chip cookies on it - 1 yard

Printable fabric

Green cotton fabric suitable for a male quilt - minimum FQ/piece

Thread (no cotton please) - white, black, dark purple - not to sound too picky but if you choose this, please send me good quality thread and not the little spools you get from one of those cheap sewing kits - I use this for quilting and the cheap stuff does me no good.  I'd rather get a few good quality spools then a dozen cheap ones.

Quilting fabric - black/white, animal prints, craft related

Postage stamp punch like this - http://store.scrapbook.com/ek-psm85c.html or a heart shaped punch (medium to large size)

Silver or pewter charms - I'm planning to crochet a peddlar doll sometime this year and need more charms to sew on to her dress - examples would be scissors, brush, mirror, thimble or anything else that would seem suitable for a peddlar to sell.

Unique buttons - they can be new or vintage and all colors and any size

Check out my wists - I've added to it lately and I'd be happy with any item on it!

Extras

Sugarless gum
Interesting pens I can use at work

« Last Edit: April 23, 2008 07:02:33 AM by Homerof2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Vegetarian Sushi
2012 Vendy Awards Finalist: Xin Jiang Prosperity Kebabs
How to Cook Homemade Udon Noodle Soup
How to Cook Homemade Yaki Udon
How to Prepare Udon Noodle Dishes
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...