A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 33  (Read 39946 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bettflow
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2008 08:11:48 PM »

I claim bkrenning4 for a surprise from her wist list:))  YES!!!  I was so surprised when I looked at your wist and found that you are actually wanting something that I have and don't need:))  SO EXCITED!!!
I'm also going to send a couple of surprises.....not sure what right now, lol.

This is my 2nd claim, 0 sent, 0 received

I am a 50 yr old mom of 3 and grandma of 5 with two more grands on the way.  YEP.....PROUD GRANDMA HERE!!!  I've been married to my wonderful husband for almost 31 years.  I am disabled and currently trying to get disability benefits started due to severe fibromyalgia among other health problems.  The only thing that keeps me sane these days is my furbabies and my love for needlework and crafts:))
I am a total crochet-a-holic and am in the process of learning to quilt.  I also want to learn to knit, loomknit and hope that I'll find the time to learn how to make things with polymer clay........maybe someday soon, lol. 
I am a HUGE animal lover and have lots of critters......every thing from dachshunds & chihuahuas to horses, to rabbits, to chickens, to goats to sheep, to min. exotic cattle and so on and so on.   Never know from one day to the next what kind of new critter will call our farm home:)))   
My passions are GOD, FAMILY, MY FURBABIES, CROCHETING and last but not least QUILTING!!!  Just started learning to quilt, but getting hooked REAL fast:))

OKEY DOKEY......HERE GOES:)))

CRAFTED:

ANYTHING HANDMADE WILL BE TREASURED FOR LIFE!!! Here's a few handmade goodies that I would love to receive:))

1. POSTAGE STAMP QUILT SQUARES (1.5" x 1/5" in any colors & prints)

2.  QUILT SQUARES (4", 5" or 6") any print & color will be fine....but especially would like animal, western & native american prints (horses, dogs, cats, birds, wildlife, cows, farm pics, horse tack, western cowboy, native american etc.)

3.  FLANNEL QUILT SQUARES (4", 5" or 6") any print & colors....for making rag quilts.

4.  RELIGIOUS WALL HANGING OR PICTURE (praying hands, bible verse sampler, inspirational sampler, etc.)

5.  QUILTED WALLHANGING (horses, farm/barn scene, native american, deer, wolves, fox, or other north american wildlife)

6.  DECORATIVE PILLOWS (in any of these color combinations - burgundy, hunter green, frosty green, cranberry, rose, taupe, earthtones)

7.  KITCHEN GOODIES:  Appliane covers (for long type 4-slice toaster, mixer, blender) I have ROOSTERS/CHICKENS in my kitchen, so would love anything to go along with this theme:)) Also would love some crocheted/knitted dishcloths & potholders THANKYOU MAREMARE!!!

8.  CANDLES (OH MY!!! LOVE ALL KINDS OF CANDLES......CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!!)

9.  T-SHIRT, POLO SHIRT or DEMIM SHIRT -  SZ XL w/MACHINE EMBROIDERIED HORSE, CHIHUAHUA OR DACHSHUND

10.  TEDDY BEAR QUILT (I'm expecting two new little grandsons this summer.  My daughter is doing the nursery in teddy bears)

11.  HAND-DYED WORSTED WEIGHT YARN (any color but orange - especially love varigates)

12. EMBELLISHED RECIPE BOOK (one-dish meals, simple/quick recipes & low-fat recipes)

13. GIFTS IN A JAR (anything for my sweet tooth would be great!!! ESPECIALLY LOVE CHOCOLATE:))

14. CROCHETED BED DOLL:  (burgundy, sage green, hunter green, taupe/neautrals)

15. CROCHETED 12" SQUARES FOR CHARITY COMFORTGHANS (I'm working on two ghans right now and am in need of 12" squares in pastels-one color per square w/no border & 12 squares in neautrals (taupe, tan, beige, aran, no white please).

MISC SUPPLIES:

1.  LEARN TO KNIT KIT:
I'm wanting to learn to knit and would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to have a "TEACH YOURSELF TO KNIT" kit or.......TEACH YOURSELF HOW TO KNIT BOOK.......

3.  CRAFTER'S LAP TRAY/TABLE (so I can sit on the couch in front of the tv and make beaded jewelry, cut quilt squares, etc.) LOL

4.  PERSONALIZED FABRIC TAGS ( Ya know......the ones that say something like "Handmade with Love by so & so")

5.  POLYMER CLAY (whichever kind would be best for beginners. I've never done any clay crafts before, but am definately interested in learning:))

6.  POLYMER CLAY CRAFTING TOOLS (I don't have any, so any and all tools needed for making polymer clay crafts is needed:))

QUILTING SUPPLIES:

1.  Extra long straight pins for quilting (the ones with colored ball tips)

2.  Rotary cutter (I have one but would love to have a spare so my daughter and I can cut square together:)

3.  Rotary Cutter Sharpener

4.  Extra blades for Rotary cutter (45mm)

5.  Med.-Lg quilt cutting mat/board (I only have a small one and could really use one that is bigger.

6.  Quilter's batting.

7.  Replacement Blades for a 45mm Rotary Cutter

8.  Fabric for making quilts (any color and design - 100% cotton or cotton blends - scraps is fine:)) WOW!!!  THANKS AGAIN MAREMARE:)))

9.  Quilt patterns, instruction books & magazines (I'm brand new to quilting so can use all the help I can get:))

10.  Quilting Pattern a Day Boxed Calendar - I don't have any of these so any year would be fine, new or used will be great:))

CROCHET SUPPLIES:

REALLY BIG WISH HERE!!!
(I have Fibromyalgia and have been told that the flexible hooks, bamboo hooks and clover soft touch hooks are the best for crocheters who have Fibro, arthritis, carpal tunnel, etc.  So here is my MOST WANTED REQUEST as far as crochet items goes:)

ANY OF THE FOLLOWING HOOKS WOULD BE WONDERFUL!!!

1.  FLEXIBLE CROCHET HOOKS (Any size - but I need size F, G, H, and I the most) or:

2.  BAMBOO CROCHET HOOKS (the kind with larger handles to ease the pain of fibro and arthritis) or:

3.  CLOVER SOFT TOUCH CROCHET HOOKS or:

4.  CROCHET HOOKS W/ERGONOMIC HANDLES (these are supposed to be great for fibro:)) THANKS AGAIN MAREMARE:))

OTHER CROCHET SUPPLIES:

5.  CROCHET MAGAZINES:  Crochet!, Crochet Today, Annie's Attic Hooked on Crochet, etc.

6.  Crochet Pattern a Day Boxed Calendar - (Any years except 2006, 2007 & 2008.....these are the only years I have.  I would absolutely love to collect all of these calendars that were published in the past.

7.  CROCHET PATTERNS (afghans, pillows, pillowghans, stuffed critters, bed dolls)

8.  ALPACA YARN (any colors)

9.  I've also been wanting these crochet pattern books for SOOOO LONG!!!  Doesn't have to be new:))  Used would be GREAT!!!
  1. VANNA WHITE'S -  AFGHANS A-Z-PATTERN BOOK
  2. VANNA WHITE'S -  FAVORITE GIFT AFGHANS -PATTERN BOOK
  3. VANNA WHITE'S -  AFGHANS ALL THROUGH THE HOUSE - PATTERN BOOK

SEWING SUPPLIES:

1.  Patterns to make pillows, placemats, baby & adult fleece blankets.

2.  Fleece fabric (to make blankets for my two newly expected grandbabies)

3.  Fabric w/horses, dogs, cats, teddy bears.....basically any critters will be great:))

5.  Straight Pins (Most of my pins have gotten lost.  I could really use a big box of pins with the colored ball tips)

6.  Seamstress Shears (My son used my shears to cut paper, so needless to say they're very dull.  I could sure use a new pair:))

JEWELRY BEADING SUPPLIES:

1.  GLASS BEADS - (med.-large beads in asst. colors - PLEASE NO SEED BEADS:))
     (BEEN CLAIMED FOR BEADS-NOT RECEIVED YET)

2.  JEWELRY MAKING TOOLS (jewelry pliars is especially needed)

3.  JEWELRY BEADING BOOKS

WELP.......I GUESS THAT'S ABOUT IT.  I KNOW I'LL LOVE ANYTHING YA WANNA SEND:)))  Thankyou SOOOO MUCH in advance for anything you wanna claim:))

Hugs,
bettflow
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008 08:30:02 PM by bettflow » THIS ROCKS   Logged
randymacker07
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2008 08:51:35 PM »

I claim bettflow for quilt squares of various sizes and materials!

This is my third claim; 2 sent, 1 received

Hi my name is Jennifer. I'm 22 and live in Virginia. I will be married one whole year on May 26th and I'm really excited about that.  I have a small Chihuahua named Lilly who I love to dress up and a beautiful gray cat who loves to be naked ; ) I work in a research lab by day and love to craft all night. I love anything science-y, girly, and retro. Pink is my favorite color. I love to sew and embroider and have tried to knit but I'm not very good at it.

Wish List:

Crafted

Apron I collect aprons vintage, retro inspired, anything with ruffles, I really love the apron with all the bias trim but don't have the patience to make it myself. I would love one like this - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=213914.0
   Reusable Grocery Bags Thanks b!
   Some neat resin bangles with glitter, beads, or dye inside no candy please
   A teacup, hedgehog, or cactus shaped pincushion or any combination of the three!
   Set of 4 napkins or placemats The placemats are for a round table so they must be round or square otherwise they overlap. The table is black and the room is light blue, avocado green, and khaki colored.
   A DNA t-shirt or scarf would be AWESOME (T-shirt size: xl)
   Headbands- I love to wear plastic headbands that have been covered with pretty fabric or ribbon any thickness but please none that are fabric with the elastic in the back they just slip off my head.
   Knit or crochet swiffer pads
   A new fabric lunch sac to take to work or a placemat roll that has a coordinating fabric napkin and holder for silverware
   *Big Wish* A black petticoat in tea length. Can either be made with tulle or the nylon chiffon like the ones made the other day on Martha Stewart, this is for wear under 50s style dresses. Please PM me for measurements

Or anything with a bird, nest, eggs, or any combination of those things! 

Supplies

A shrinky dink kit (with simple instructions!) I have never tried this and I love all the things I see on Craftster made with this! Thanks Em0tionalprayer!
   Needle Felting kit (also with simple instructions!) I really like the needle felted beads and the little animals like birds and bunnies.
   Bias tape maker
   Any vintage fabric or fabric with a neat print. (At least a fat quarter please)
   Clear stamps for scrapbooking I have small dot letters and a few wedding stamps already but would love to add to my collection!
   Some wool felt for crafting
   Any back issues of Threads magazine (I only have the last two), or any sewing or scrapbooking magazines, gently loved is fine with me!

Extras
   Any yummy sweets or things you think I might like, I love gummi bears and peachy rings the best!
   Pens and pencils that are neat/pretty/funny/kitchy
   List pads or post-it-notes, I use these by the ton!
   Your favorite recipes, I love cook new things!

Thanks in advance to anyone who claims me, I am loving this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bettflow
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2008 10:26:57 PM »

I claim randymacker07 for some crocheted swiffer cloths, post-it notes, list pads & some recipes.

MY GOSH.....THIS SWAP IS TOTALLY ADDICTIVE:)))  LOVING IT!!!

This is my 3rd claim, 0 sent, 0 rec.

I am a 50 yr old mom of 3 and grandma of 5 with two more grands on the way.  YEP.....PROUD GRANDMA HERE!!!  I've been married to my wonderful husband for almost 31 years.  I am disabled and currently trying to get disability benefits started due to severe fibromyalgia among other health problems.  The only thing that keeps me sane these days is my furbabies and my love for needlework and crafts, especially crochet:))  YAY HOOKERS:)))
I am a total crochet-a-holic and am in the process of learning to quilt.  I also want to learn to knit, loomknit and hope that I'll find the time to learn how to make things with polymer clay........maybe someday soon, lol. 
I am a HUGE animal lover and have lots of critters......every thing from dachshunds & chihuahuas to horses, to rabbits, to chickens, to goats to sheep, to min. exotic cattle and so on and so on.   Never know from one day to the next what kind of new critter will call our farm home:)))   
My passions are GOD, FAMILY, MY FURBABIES, CROCHETING and last but not least QUILTING!!!

OKEY DOKEY......HERE GOES:)))

CRAFTED:

ANYTHING HANDMADE WILL BE TREASURED FOR LIFE!!! Here's a few handmade goodies that I would love to receive:))

1. POSTAGE STAMP QUILT SQUARES (1.5" x 1/5" in any colors & prints)

2.  QUILT SQUARES (4", 5" or 6") any print & color will be fine....but especially would like animal, western & native american prints (horses, dogs, cats, birds, wildlife, cows, farm pics, horse tack, western cowboy, native american etc.)

3.  FLANNEL QUILT SQUARES (4", 5" or 6") any print & colors....for making rag quilts.

4.  RELIGIOUS WALL HANGING OR PICTURE (praying hands, bible verse sampler, inspirational sampler, etc.)

5.  QUILTED WALLHANGING (horses, farm/barn scene, native american, deer, wolves, fox, or other north american wildlife)

6.  DECORATIVE PILLOWS (in any of these color combinations - burgundy, hunter green, frosty green, cranberry, rose, taupe, earthtones)

7.  KITCHEN GOODIES:  Appliane covers (for long type 4-slice toaster, mixer, blender) I have ROOSTERS/CHICKENS in my kitchen, so would love anything to go along with this theme:)) Also would love some crocheted/knitted dishcloths & potholders THANKYOU MAREMARE!!!

8.  CANDLES (OH MY!!! LOVE ALL KINDS OF CANDLES......CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!!)

9.  T-SHIRT, POLO SHIRT or DEMIM SHIRT -  SZ XL w/MACHINE EMBROIDERIED HORSE, CHIHUAHUA OR DACHSHUND

10.  TEDDY BEAR QUILT (I'm expecting two new little grandsons this summer.  My daughter is doing the nursery in teddy bears)

11.  HAND-DYED WORSTED WEIGHT YARN (any color but orange - especially love varigates)

12. EMBELLISHED RECIPE BOOK (one-dish meals, simple/quick recipes & low-fat recipes)

13. GIFTS IN A JAR (anything for my sweet tooth would be great!!! ESPECIALLY LOVE CHOCOLATE:))

14. CROCHETED BED DOLL:  (burgundy, sage green, hunter green, taupe/neautrals)

MISC SUPPLIES:

1.  LEARN TO KNIT KIT:
I'm wanting to learn to knit and would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to have a "TEACH YOURSELF TO KNIT" kit or.......TEACH YOURSELF HOW TO KNIT BOOK.......

3.  CRAFTER'S LAP TRAY/TABLE (so I can sit on the couch in front of the tv and make beaded jewelry, cut quilt squares, etc.) LOL

4.  PERSONALIZED FABRIC TAGS ( Ya know......the ones that say something like "Handmade with Love by so & so")

5.  POLYMER CLAY (whichever kind would be best for beginners. I've never done any clay crafts before, but am definately interested in learning:))

6.  POLYMER CLAY CRAFTING TOOLS (I don't have any, so any and all tools needed for making polymer clay crafts will be much appreciated:)

QUILTING SUPPLIES:

1.  Extra long straight pins for quilting (the ones with colored ball tips)

2.  Rotary cutter (I have one but would love to have a spare so my daughter and I can cut squares together:)  DD wants to learn to quilt too:))

3.  Rotary Cutter Sharpener

4.  Extra blades for Rotary cutter (45mm)

5.  Med.-Lg quilt cutting mat/board (I only have a small one and could really use one that is bigger.

6.  Quilt batting.

7.  Fabric for making quilts (any color and design - 100% cotton or cotton blends - scraps is fine:)) WOW!!!  THANKS AGAIN MAREMARE:)))

8.  Quilt patterns, instruction books & magazines (I'm brand new to quilting so can use all the help I can get:))

9.  Quilting Pattern a Day Boxed Calendar - I don't have any of these so any year would be fine, new or used will be great:))

CROCHET SUPPLIES:

REALLY BIG WISH HERE!!!
(I have Fibromyalgia and have been told that the flexible hooks, bamboo hooks and clover soft touch hooks are the best for crocheters who have Fibro, arthritis, carpal tunnel, etc.  So here is my MOST WANTED REQUEST as far as crochet items goes:)

ANY OF THE FOLLOWING HOOKS WOULD BE WONDERFUL!!!

1.  FLEXIBLE CROCHET HOOKS (Any size - but I need size F, G, H, and I the most) or:

2.  BAMBOO CROCHET HOOKS (the kind with larger handles to ease the pain of fibro and arthritis) or:

3.  CLOVER SOFT TOUCH CROCHET HOOKS or:

4.  CROCHET HOOKS W/ERGONOMIC HANDLES (these are supposed to be great for fibro:)) THANKS AGAIN MAREMARE:))

OTHER CROCHET SUPPLIES:

5.  CROCHET MAGAZINES:  Crochet!, Crochet Today, Annie's Attic Hooked on Crochet, etc.

6.  Crochet Pattern a Day Boxed Calendar - (Any years except 2006, 2007 & 2008.....these are the only years I have.  I would absolutely love to collect all of these calendars that were published in the past.

7.  CROCHET PATTERNS (afghans, pillows, pillowghans, stuffed critters, bed dolls)

8.  ALPACA YARN (any colors)

9.  I've also been wanting these crochet pattern books for SOOOO LONG!!!  Doesn't have to be new:))  Used would be GREAT!!!
  1. VANNA WHITE'S -  AFGHANS A-Z-PATTERN BOOK
  2. VANNA WHITE'S -  FAVORITE GIFT AFGHANS -PATTERN BOOK
  3. VANNA WHITE'S -  AFGHANS ALL THROUGH THE HOUSE - PATTERN BOOK

SEWING SUPPLIES:

1.  Patterns to make pillows, placemats, baby & adult fleece blankets.

2.  Fleece fabric (to make blankets for my two newly expected grandbabies)

3.  Fabric w/horses, dogs, cats, teddy bears.....basically any critters will be great:))

4.  Fabric w/baby prints (100% cotton-pastels or brights-atleast 1/2-1 yd) for making bibs, changing pads, burb pads, etc. for expected grandbabies:))

5.  Straight Pins (Most of my pins have gotten lost.  I could really use a big box of pins with the colored ball tips)

6.  Seamstress Shears (My son used my shears to cut paper, so needless to say they're very dull.  I could sure use a new pair:))

WELP.......I GUESS THAT'S ABOUT IT.  I KNOW I'LL LOVE ANYTHING YA WANNA SEND:)))  Thankyou SOOOO MUCH in advance for anything you wanna claim:))

Thanks a bunch to MareMare for claiming me for crocheted dishcloths or potholders, ergonomic crochet hooks, and some cotton scraps for quilting.
and randymacker07 for claiming me for various quilt squares.  YA'LL ARE WONDERFUL!!!
OH WOW!!!  Thankyou SOOOOOO MUCH DisneyBelle for claiming me for the teddy bear blanket for the grandson we're expecting in June.  I know my daughter will be totally THRILLED with it.  I'm gonna wait until it arrives and let her be surprised:)))

Hugs,
bettflow

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008 12:09:28 AM by bettflow » THIS ROCKS   Logged
DisneyBelle

Where in Disney World am I ?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2008 11:14:51 PM »

I claim Bettflow for a fleece teddy bear baby blanket

This is my 5th claim (3 sent, 3 received)

Hi, my name is Julia and Im currently living in Indiana.  I am 22 and an almost done with college student.  I will be moving to Florida to start a job in May, so many of my wishes are for my new condo.

Thanks in advance to anyone who claims me!

Crafts:

For My Kitchen:
* HUGE WISH: A vintage inspired full apron in chocolate brown and Martha Stewart Blue.  Maybe something like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=213914.0 It doesn't have to be like this one, PM me if you have a different cool design.  I have several other designs I love on my wist Smiley such as this one http://wists.com/disneybelle/eb6758c4c76c87ad53b7561f8d1a3ebf?offset=0
* Embroidered Kitchen Towels (If you could find chocolate brown kitchen towels I would love you forever) Thanks Therisa
* A woven rug for in front of the sink (in chocolate brown and MS Blue )
* Pot Holders Thanks OneRedBoot
* A surprise for my kitchen (bet you can guess the colors)

For My Living Room:
* Pillows like These: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235667.0 Any big bold black and white prints.  PM me if you have awesome fabric that you think I would like (Thanks AsphaltQueen)   I am keeping this on my list because I would love to collect more
* Framed Black and White Nature Photographs Thanks AsphaltQueen
* HUGE WISH: Wall Art in a multi colored mosaic tile kind of style (a bright colored abstract theme would be amazing!)
* Bright Mosaic Tile Coasters
* Mimiw inspired Stained Glass decorations of any kind
* Any decorations you think I cant live without (things that hang on the wall are best) PM me for colors

For My Bedroom:
* A crochet / knitted lap blanket in varying shades of whites, black, chocolate brown, and magenta. (I love the ripple pattern one on my wist... I'm sure I would love your pattern too  Smiley )
* A lap quilt in a square/blocky pattern mainly featuring varying shades of whites, black, chocolate brown, and magenta. like this http://www.wists.com/DisneyBelle/3b6dd4d84d2a2088254c64ef9e565fe5?offset=0
* Pillows like these http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235667.0 or like these http://cache.wists.com/thumbnails/7/78/778b640a21b0aae70f992374740219f3-med from a print in varying shades of bright blues, bright greens, and white. I love the multicolored Ikea fabric on my wist (however at the Ikea by me it is sold out until July!, so if you have an Ikea by you and could get your hands on some for the pillows that would be amazing!)

General Crafts:
* Button Earrings, like the multicolored ones in my wist.Thanks Pinupmommy
* A Bubble Skirt like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=117483.msg1123018;topicseen#msg1123018 in any fun spring print
* A Glass Bead Bracelet like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=236209.0 Thanks bkrenning4
* A Market Bag like this http://wists.com/disneybelle/09a7b690d7af55711c95ec15fcb406ab?offset=0
* A farmgirljane inspired sewing machine carrier like this: http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/shrutinavathe/DSC00212.jpg (I would love a brown one with blue and green flowers )
* A Ghilie inspired poppet like this
* An Amy Butler Bag
* A Wisty Surprise

Supplies / Books:
* HUGE WISH 2 Yards of the Ikea Fabrics on my wist

*Clay Art for All Seasons http://www.welcometotheislands.com/iwwidb.pvx?;multi_item_submit
* ClayCraft by DECO Soft Clay (Any colors) http://decoclay.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1
* Martha Stewart Wedding Cakes Book (pre-loved is fine)

Extras:
* Any Craft that you are great at and think I would love
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/DisneyBelle
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008 12:15:41 PM by DisneyBelle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

*My Favorite Crafts: Scrapbooking, Sewing, Embroidery
*Crafts I wish I could do: Painting, Glass Blowing

*I really really want a vintage inspired apron in chocolate and Martha Stewart blue Smiley
summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2008 05:22:04 AM »

I claim disneybelle for fabric from ikea  (I'm in Westchester, OH  I'm hoping I can find something you listed)--if not then a surprise inspired by your wist.

This is my 1 claim, 0 sent, 0 received.  ( It appears I'm late on 32 but she and I have a personal swap going and I'm sending both at the same time to save on postage)

I'm 31 years old, I'm a stay at home mom of two , living in OH next to the new IKEA that just opened.    I love trying all crafts; I have crafting ADD.  I dont really collect anything, except crafting supplies.  I would prefer to make gifts instead of buying them if I have time, and my new goal is to sew my daughter a simple summer dress, but my sewing machine and I are not on great terms.  I am very sensitive to scents, so PM on those.  I like using a lot of words and explanations and I have always had a problem with run-on sentences.

Crafted Items
  I like anything small....miniature anything makes me smile. 

I would love some reusable grocery bags like this:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0
They do NOT need the folding pocket

Felt food for my kids.pancakes and pizza would be WONDERFUL!

mosaics....  Love mosaics.  They don't have to glass or ceramic or very large.  Paper, polymer clay, pebbles...small stuff like this....
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=204357.0

polymer clay magnets-food, faces, animalswhatever

Make your own stamp starter kit.  It doesn't have to be a store bought kit, just a couple supplies and a note or two on how to start.

Black and white photos of nature.  Any size.

Damn it Doll.  One of those that you can beat against the wall when you are really pissed off I also like these.  I think they are very funny, however Im more of a sh*t, damn, piss type, a little more mild I guess.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=227161.0

I could really use some sort of big project bag with a shoulder strap.  I am out a lot with the kids and like to bring things with me.  I like softer material vs. nylon.

Either this pattern or a doll or animal made this way.  I had one when I was little and would love to have another. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8087618

I want to make an I spy quilt, so any interesting fabrics that I can fussy cut.  Probably need to be at least 4 in square in size...scraps are great. ( I spy quilts are a quilt made of little pieces of fabric with pictures on them.  Ex. A frog, a rainbow, a train, bugs, whatever...then you can play I spy with the kids.) http://www.gammon.com.au/helen/quilts/

Crochet or felt animals, food, etc.

Stamps and ink pads.  I would love ink that is for fabric.  Either hand made or bought (or used) stamps of anything really. 

A sundress pattern for a size 7ish girl.  I dont know how patterns work, Ive never actually tried sewing from one, but used would be great.  And EASY level.

Handspun yarn.  I have never used any, but it all looks so beautiful.

Supplies

Make your own stamp starter kit.  It doesn't have to be a store bought kit, just a couple supplies and a note or two on how to start.

This book http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-books/pid-1004536033/  in case link didn't work it is a Japanese book Crochet Motif Item

Anything that you are great at or love doing.   Like to Mod Podge everything you see? Make Journals?  Anything you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.  I like being surprised!

Extras

Im toying around with making my son a train collage.  Any pictures real or drawings of trains would be greatly appreciated. (cut from magazines, old books, etc.) 

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008 06:08:37 AM by summertimerolls » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me if you are interested in a personal swap.
KimberlyPye
« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2008 06:11:11 AM »

I've got summertimerolls for crocheted food/animals.

This is my 2nd claim (1 sent, 0 received [but it's on its way!]).

I live in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, USA with my husband and two ferrets.  I knit and crochet obsessively, but my day job as a researcher/editor holds me back!  I also enjoy reading, writing, camping, and cooking.  My three favorite authors are Shakespeare, Steinbeck, and Whitman. I've been experiment with vegan baking for a while, but I've recently taken the plunge and become a full-time vegetarian.  I like earth tones, greens, and pinks.  I dont usually like bright colors.  I like unique leaves, animals, and geometric designs; interesting and unique, but not too funky.  I dont eat/use anything with high fructose corn syrup or oils preceded by the words hydrogenated," partially hydrogenated, or interestified. Basically, I'm all-natural in the food department.

Check out my Wists for ideas and inspiration! http://wists.com/KimberlyPye

CRAFTS

Tea wallet

Embroidered hand towels for the kitchen

Small polymer clay thingies/stitch markers/magnets (cute animals/food)

Tote like (these are tutes)
    This one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=91070.0
    Or this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=52143.0
    (I like the colors on both of those.)

The kind of tote/hobo bag with two handles that are part of the body, but they come up and tie together.  Know what I mean?
    Like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=165142.0 but with tied straps; though just like this would be fine too!)

(Getting a tote from Homerof2. One should do it for now!)

Unique, artsy pillow(s) for the couch. My couch is black. Examples of things I like:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=212217.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=225457.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=213948.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=197070.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=133649.0

Reading pillow (pillow with straps to hold the book down) styled like this:
http://www.montessoribyhand.net/patterns/readingpillow.html (but Im breezy on the fabric choice)

Row-counter bracelet

Scented candles (most scents are fine)

Nature-themed mosaic (LOVE this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=234653.0)

Postage stamp necklace
(Tute here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=39105.0 -- LOVE that fish!)

A hand-made stamp - by you! (Happy woodland creatures would make me smile!)

Surprise me with something you're proud of and like making!

CRAFT SUPPLIES

sock yarn

safety eyes

Sublime Stitching patterns (I like Camp Out!, Kurt Halsey, Sushi Bar, I Luv Veggies)

DeliciousCrochet patterns http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5162369

Solid worsted weight yarn scraps (at least 4 yards long, acrylic is best) for my yo-yo afghan
Pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepyefamily/sets/72157604072993386/
(Getting some from Homerof2, but I can always use more!)

Sleepy Snake & Mischievous Mouse pattern (http://mochimochiland.com/shop/items/snakemouse.php)

Colored vinyl records (any size)

Yarn ball winder

drop spindle (tried making one - I don't think it works)

crochet books/magazines (new/used/vintage/whatever - pm first to see if I have it)

two-inch cotton squares of fabric for a postage stamp quilt (haven't started it yet, but I have grand dreams)

EXTRAS

Paper coasters (from restaurants, bars, etc.) for my collection

Yankee Candle votives/tea lights/jars (if youre rich!)/tarts in just about any scent
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008 06:16:51 AM by KimberlyPye » THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlosun_9
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2008 06:19:23 AM »

I claim her for a tea wallet and embroidered hand towels for the kitchen. 

This is my fourth claim, zero sent, three received. 

A little bit about me: I am a 27 year old woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, student, and special educator.  Family plays a large part in my life as does the outdoors. I live in Maine and we hike, bike, canoe/kayak, geocache, camp, walk, and do just about anything except for organized sports if it takes place outdoors.  I also like to read, play with my kids, host family dinners/events, and (of course) craft.  My favorite crafts are sewing (clothing for my children, quilts, bags/purses), scrapbooking (although I have taken a brief break from it for right now), crocheting, and embroidering.  I would like to learn (have patterns) for how to make felt food and also learn how to make the polymer pendants.

Crafts:
Embroidered wall art.  I like the bird and trees from this one http://reprodepot.stores.yahoo.net/haempaande.html
and would love pretty much anything nature themed as long as it is on a white fabric with no pattern to the fabric or on white, natural, or dark blue linen.

Toddler Nap Mat such as this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=221179.msg2384792#msg2384792

Colorful Sock Monkey

Headbands and/or embellished barrettes for the 10 year old

Embellished hair ties and/or barrettes for my 4 year old

Small crocheted animals (farm and/or woodland)

Pinafores in sizes 5/5t/6 in fun prints preferably blue/brown/pink colors but the middle child is fairly easy going

Felt food veggies or sets (no pizza as we have a fabulous set and no meat cause that really isnt part of our meals but perhaps breakfast or sandwhich or pasta . . . )

A bag such as this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178244.0  I particularly like the polka dots but would enjoy anything spring like.

A yarngasm from Dulcinea (as they look so exciting)

Wallet such as this (tutorial at the link): http://babyangelsparadise.blogspot.com/2007/12/so-i-needed-wallet.html

Supplies:

MY BIGGEST WISH: A kit form this website http://www.dancingraindolls.com/friendshipkits.html  We would like golden straight hair, girl, blue eyes, fair skin tone.  We'd really like the 16 or 18 inch kit. 

Yardage of fabric featuring elephants (not circus please) or monkeys or anything forest like (cute forest not actual forest) or novelty (lemons, goldfish, bikes, etc.)

Embroidery Hoops (wooden please as I am going to use them as frames for some embroidery)

A polymer clay pendant making kit with instructions

Embroidery Patterns from sublime stitching→Kurt Halsey, Camp Out, Unicorn Believer

Bend the Rules Sewing by Amy Karol

The Creative Family by Amanda Soule

Linen→Used or Thrifted pretty much any color

Anything from/inspired by my wist: http://www.wists.com/girlosun_9 (except the scarf on there as nofury already has made it Smiley )

Extras:

Buttons
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008 06:24:25 AM by girlosun_9 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimiw
« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2008 06:26:37 AM »

I claim girlosun_9 for embroidered wall art.

This is my 4th claim with 1 sent and 2 received.

My name is Mimi and I am in Georgia.  I dont have any allergies but I really dislike pastel colors.  I love the outdoors and all sorts of outdoor activities (camping, backpacking, climbing, kayaking).  I am not a fan of lace or anything frilly.  I love blues, greens and browns and red.  I am trying to grow vegetables this year and I love gardening and playing in the dirt.  I have 2 large dogs and a husband.

Crafts:
*Stenciled/ Appliqud/ Screen Printed Shirts (size medium) birds, backpacking, trees and nature are good themes  (for examples: http://www.wists.com/mimiw  )
Plant stakes with their names for my herb garden Thanks em0tionalprayer!
*An address book preferably one with refillable pages
*Decorated airtight tins to store my teas
*Hand carved stamps
*A hanging ladder frame similar to this one: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8775956
*Return address stamp
*Patchwork anything lots of examples in my wists
*Thrummed mittens like these in more earthy colors: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=231336.msg2583351#msg2583351
*Fun to-do lists and grocery lists
Handmade cards Thanks scienceissexy!
A knit/crocheted market bag like this one:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=239451.0  Thanks cataplum!
*Custom stencils
*Knit socks in fun colors (Wishful thinking, I know!!).  I really like these: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11004983
*Embroidered pillowcases for my guest room
*Handmade manly smelling soaps for the hubby
*Anything inspired by my wists: http://www.wists.com/mimiw

Supplies:
*Ikea fabric!!  I dont have one near me and I love their fabric!
*Cookie Cutters (new or used)
*Vegetarian cookbooks (recycled are fine)  or make me a recipe book of your own!
*Craft books (new or used) there are a bunch on my wists
*Zippers

Extras
Old crafting magazinesanything besides knitting ones.
I am a chocolate freakactually, any candy for that matter!
Dog treats and doggie gifts are always welcome!
TEA!!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008 06:28:23 AM by mimiw » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2008 06:32:26 AM »

I claim mimw for thrummed mittens

Be right back

This is my 5th claim, 3 sent/received

I'm in Massachusetts US, I do mostly knit, but I also crochet, spin, and used to cross-stitch, embroider and a little bit of tatting. I like the cooler colors (blues, purples, greens) but a little oomph of the red/orange/yellows doesn't hurt either. Nothing holiday themed please - I like being able to use my things all the time, not just a few weeks a year  Grin

My list, in no particular order -

Crafts

a 'dishwasher fairy' doll - in our house, the 'dishwasher fairy' empties the dishwasher when I don't see or ask anyone to do it. I doubt it's very big, maybe 5-6" (27-30cm) and doesn't come around too often Smiley

small zippered pouches to keep all the loose stuff in my purse a little less loose Smiley

decorated (and absorbent Smiley) kitchen towels, potholders, etc

polymer clay crochet hook or tatting shuttle

Teeny bead-topped knitting needles
(I have the 'plain' knitting needles I can send if there's a beader who can figure out how to attach the beads securely)

tawashis (japanese style scrubbies - small-ish, acrylic yarn discloths)

pocket tissue holder (sewn, crocheted, knit, whatever you like)

handdecorated small notes cards to include in swap packages Thanks Mlsocci74!

cotton soap sack with handmade soaps

'flat' (I think it's called a "sling" style?) shoulder purse

rubik's cube stuffie (this idea)

decorated ID badge reel like this (doesn't have to be clay-decorated, it was just the 1st pic I found)

double-stitch markers or any stitch markers for small needles (US size 3, 3.25mm or smaller)

tote bag Thanks GirlOSun!

laides crocheted kippah in this design but in purples and/or blues. Or any other pretty,  but not really lacy, design

neckwarmer/cowl/shortscarf to wear with a pine green coat or an earwarmer/headband to use instead of a hat (I don't look good with the squashed hat-hair look  Wink )

Supplies

1 1/2" (4cm) cotton fabric squares (any color except neon-bright, and no holiday themes please)

pretty 100% cotton flannel I can use to make cloth pads (not 'kid-cutesy' please, and no faces) Thanks NoFury!

bamboo handled crochet hooks (US sizes F, G, or H)

assorted acrylic worsted weight, any color, about 50-75yds each (it makes for good tawashi and amigurumi) Thanks Dulcinea!

Casein Knitting needles

Flex knitting needles (they look like circulars that have been cut in half)

New Pathways for Sockknitters book by Cat Bordhi
Cool Socks, Warm Feet by Lucy Neatby
Andean Folk Knits by Marcia Lewandowski
(pre-owned books in good condition are just fine with me)

something from, or based on, my etsy favorites

Extras
Chocolate, plain or with nuts (unless you want to share with the hubby - he likes the mint & fruit-filled chocolates)
tea, hot chocolate mixes
Gone With The Wind (paperback book) by Margaret Mitchell

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008 06:35:45 AM by ThreadOrYarn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimiw
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2008 06:59:38 AM »

Cheesy  I claim ThreadOrYarn for zippered pouches and a tissue holder.

This is my 5th claim with 1 sent and 2 received.

My name is Mimi and I am in Georgia.  I dont have any allergies but I really dislike pastel colors.  I love the outdoors and all sorts of outdoor activities (camping, backpacking, climbing, kayaking).  I am not a fan of lace or anything frilly.  I love blues, greens and browns and red.  I am trying to grow vegetables this year and I love gardening and playing in the dirt.  I have 2 large dogs and a husband.

Crafts:
*Stenciled/ Appliqud/ Screen Printed Shirts (size medium) birds, backpacking, trees and nature are good themes  (for examples: http://www.wists.com/mimiw  )
Plant stakes with their names for my herb garden Thanks em0tionalprayer!
*An address book preferably one with refillable pages
*Decorated airtight tins to store my teas
*Hand carved stamps
*A hanging ladder frame similar to this one: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8775956
*Return address stamp
*Patchwork anything lots of examples in my wists
Thrummed mittens like these in more earthy colors: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=231336.msg2583351#msg2583351 Thanks ThreadOrYarn!
*Fun to-do lists and grocery lists
Handmade cards Thanks scienceissexy!
A knit/crocheted market bag like this one:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=239451.0  Thanks cataplum!
*Custom stencils
*Knit socks in fun colors (Wishful thinking, I know!!).  I really like these: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11004983
*Embroidered pillowcases for my guest room
*Handmade manly smelling soaps for the hubby
*Anything inspired by my wists: http://www.wists.com/mimiw

Supplies:
*Ikea fabric!!  I dont have one near me and I love their fabric!
*Cookie Cutters (new or used)
*Vegetarian cookbooks (recycled are fine)  or make me a recipe book of your own!
*Craft books (new or used) there are a bunch on my wists
*Zippers

Extras
Old crafting magazinesanything besides knitting ones.
I am a chocolate freakactually, any candy for that matter!
Dog treats and doggie gifts are always welcome!
TEA!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photography Lighting Techniques Part 2/2
Six Lies About Digital Photography
Photography Lighting Techniques Part 1/2
How to use a light meter
How to Work with Natural light
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...