A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
692 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lion Brand Magic Stripes at BigLots  (Read 732 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dancingbarefoot
« on: March 31, 2008 10:33:20 AM »

Just a heads-up: I just found Lion Brand Magic Stripes at BigLots for $1.50 per skein. Considering that they're 100g skeins, that's a lot of yardage for anyone looking for some cheap 75% wool yarn.

They had dozens of them at the one closest to me. Hope this helps someone!  Smiley

(edited to fix glaring typo)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008 04:45:31 PM by dancingbarefoot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

1. All fungi are edible.
2. Some fungi are not edible more than once.
~~Terry Pratchett~~

my blog | index of free machine knitting patterns
VaxGirl
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008 04:56:14 PM »

It helps me!  Thanks! I will be heading to Big Lots tomorrow.  I always thought Magic Stripe was a great bargain for the price when it was 6 or 7 bucks a skein.  It makes great socks and mittens.  Some people think it's a little stiff, but it softens up a lot in the wash.  I hope they have it here in NY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008 05:37:32 PM »

My store only had it in one color, then denim which is tan, red, blue. But they added some Premier yarns at $1 each and I picked up some Picasso which is a bulky variegated, has a little wool in it. I may have to go get some more....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
dancingbarefoot
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008 10:21:20 PM »

Yeah, the one I went to only had the denim colorway, too. They had two dye lots, and I ended up buying all of the skeins from one of the lots (14 total). I probably should've have splurged, but I figured I could make a nice baby blanket or sweater out of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1. All fungi are edible.
2. Some fungi are not edible more than once.
~~Terry Pratchett~~

my blog | index of free machine knitting patterns
VaxGirl
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008 09:25:30 AM »

Sadly, the one closest to me in Carle Place NY, didn't have any yarn at all.  I did pick up a nice garden gnome which I managed to break the minute I set it down in my yard.  Sigh.  I now have to glue the shards of his hat back together-it cracked like an eggshell.  If I get over my pissy mood due to the gnome, I may try another Big Lots a little further away on Friday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tephra
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008 01:07:03 PM »

Well there weren't any skeins of Magic Stripes at mine, but I did manage to score 21 skeins of Suede Prints, all of the same colorway and dyelot, for $1.50 each. And 6 of Chenille Thick & Quick (also all the same color and lot).

I don't know if I should thank you or not. Cheesy I've wanted to make a sweater out of suede for ages but never could imagine doing it because of the price (being in the 3X range is bad for cheap knitting). However, I really shouldn't have dropped $40 on yarn today.

*crams the new stash into the only available space and goes looking for patterns*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kannd86
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008 02:10:44 PM »

VaxGirl, thanks for mentioning the Carle Place Big Lots.  I would have run there tomorrow, just to find no yarn.  A few months ago they had some Red Heart Kooky.  I should always buy more than I think I need because I ran out, went back a few days later and it was all gone. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krisnotes
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008 02:15:42 PM »

I'm late, but I just wanted to say thanks for the heads up. I went into our Big Lots here in southeast Tx and found a few! Yay! I've always wanted to try this type and the only other craft store in town doesn't carry it anymore (poop on them). I don't really care for the color, but at a buck fifty a pop I could'nt turn it down. I still had to hide it in my trunk away from my Mr. though. I proudly annouced last night that I wouldn't buy more yarn until I used up what I already had.....

......tee-hee.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's a toothpaste on the wrong side of the toothbrush kind of day.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set Auto Mode Function
Canon G10: Set Aperture Priority (Av) Function
Canon G10: Set for Sunset Scene
Canon G10: Set for Sports Scene
Canon G10: Set for Product Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...