A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lion Brand Magic Stripes at BigLots  (Read 737 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dancingbarefoot
« on: March 31, 2008 10:33:20 AM »

Just a heads-up: I just found Lion Brand Magic Stripes at BigLots for $1.50 per skein. Considering that they're 100g skeins, that's a lot of yardage for anyone looking for some cheap 75% wool yarn.

They had dozens of them at the one closest to me. Hope this helps someone!  Smiley

(edited to fix glaring typo)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008 04:45:31 PM by dancingbarefoot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

1. All fungi are edible.
2. Some fungi are not edible more than once.
~~Terry Pratchett~~

my blog | index of free machine knitting patterns
VaxGirl
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008 04:56:14 PM »

It helps me!  Thanks! I will be heading to Big Lots tomorrow.  I always thought Magic Stripe was a great bargain for the price when it was 6 or 7 bucks a skein.  It makes great socks and mittens.  Some people think it's a little stiff, but it softens up a lot in the wash.  I hope they have it here in NY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008 05:37:32 PM »

My store only had it in one color, then denim which is tan, red, blue. But they added some Premier yarns at $1 each and I picked up some Picasso which is a bulky variegated, has a little wool in it. I may have to go get some more....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
dancingbarefoot
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008 10:21:20 PM »

Yeah, the one I went to only had the denim colorway, too. They had two dye lots, and I ended up buying all of the skeins from one of the lots (14 total). I probably should've have splurged, but I figured I could make a nice baby blanket or sweater out of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1. All fungi are edible.
2. Some fungi are not edible more than once.
~~Terry Pratchett~~

my blog | index of free machine knitting patterns
VaxGirl
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008 09:25:30 AM »

Sadly, the one closest to me in Carle Place NY, didn't have any yarn at all.  I did pick up a nice garden gnome which I managed to break the minute I set it down in my yard.  Sigh.  I now have to glue the shards of his hat back together-it cracked like an eggshell.  If I get over my pissy mood due to the gnome, I may try another Big Lots a little further away on Friday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tephra
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008 01:07:03 PM »

Well there weren't any skeins of Magic Stripes at mine, but I did manage to score 21 skeins of Suede Prints, all of the same colorway and dyelot, for $1.50 each. And 6 of Chenille Thick & Quick (also all the same color and lot).

I don't know if I should thank you or not. Cheesy I've wanted to make a sweater out of suede for ages but never could imagine doing it because of the price (being in the 3X range is bad for cheap knitting). However, I really shouldn't have dropped $40 on yarn today.

*crams the new stash into the only available space and goes looking for patterns*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kannd86
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008 02:10:44 PM »

VaxGirl, thanks for mentioning the Carle Place Big Lots.  I would have run there tomorrow, just to find no yarn.  A few months ago they had some Red Heart Kooky.  I should always buy more than I think I need because I ran out, went back a few days later and it was all gone. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krisnotes
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008 02:15:42 PM »

I'm late, but I just wanted to say thanks for the heads up. I went into our Big Lots here in southeast Tx and found a few! Yay! I've always wanted to try this type and the only other craft store in town doesn't carry it anymore (poop on them). I don't really care for the color, but at a buck fifty a pop I could'nt turn it down. I still had to hide it in my trunk away from my Mr. though. I proudly annouced last night that I wouldn't buy more yarn until I used up what I already had.....

......tee-hee.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's a toothpaste on the wrong side of the toothbrush kind of day.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Turn Soap Slivers Into a New Bar of Soap
How to Make an Optical Illusion Ring
How to Make Bakeable Modeling Clay Beads
How to Customize Your Backpack
How to Make a Monkey Refrigerator Magnet
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...