A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,249
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Neckwarmer of Looooove  (Read 6764 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calliopegreen

happiness is gooey wool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005 12:07:09 PM »

just looked at your site - gorgeous!
do you do do all the spinning and weaving yourself?

i've been making these things i'm calling 'snoggles' which is a neck warmer, but in one piece-
a small tube knitted on circular needles and playing with patterns. it's good to know that someone else is on the same idea
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woolgathered
Sp-diddly-inner

woolgathered.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2005 03:37:24 PM »

just looked at your site - gorgeous!
do you do do all the spinning and weaving yourself?

i've been making these things i'm calling 'snoggles' which is a neck warmer, but in one piece-
a small tube knitted on circular needles and playing with patterns. it's good to know that someone else is on the same idea

I do all the spinning and knitting, no weaving (yet!). It's more of a passion than a business right now. Cheesy I love the name Snoggle! That's really cute!

I need to find a friend to model the neckwarmer, I have to say that I am not feeling up to modeling it myself! Nothing against you guys, and I know that it's important for it to be on someone so you can see how it can fit-- but please bear with me. Cheesy I'm feeling insecure, LOL.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisascenic
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005 05:54:39 PM »

You'll notice that you're not the only one....  I was having a bad night when I posted the fuzzy pi capelet thingy, and intentionally cropped my head out of the photo.  I was really, really tired, and it showed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blakat

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2005 03:30:55 PM »

Now that is pretty cool!!! Still too much winter left, so I'll have to make one!!

Thanks for posting!
Kat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
spoon
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2005 04:22:18 PM »

soooo cute!  i can't wait to see it on someone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sadsadturtle
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2005 04:55:19 PM »

that is really cool. I saw something similar in knit.1 magazine, but i actually like yours a lot more
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coolboysknit.com: now with skully logo t-shirts!
karahtalia
Queen of Unfinished Projects

Dangerous Kittyboy aka The Knitting Guineapig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2005 01:27:21 PM »

lol
ok, so have you ever had a problem where just nothing seems to work right? You knit, you frog, you knit you frog, you figure out the problem, you knit, you finish and once finished you realize that you have yet again misunderstood something?

This is the one for me. I love the neck warmer, its darling, i have muddled through it and finished it this morning. Excitement, hurray! Then before I go to block it I test it out and realize, after comparing mine to woolgathered's picture, that I misunderstood the pattern dealing with the lace. Its too long *sob*

But I am forcing you all to look at it anyway since I am still pleased even if i am pattern illiterate.

This is the whole thing, no, i am not going to try it on, at least not yet. Pictures of me before I have taken a shower are probably illegal in some country. I havent blocked it yet, so you will have to ignore the wriggly-ness of it. And I did not do the buttonholes the same way, and in retrospect did them too far in from the edge. Live and learn, I shall do better on the next one, honest.

I got some lame buttons, I live in the midwest, to get anything cool usually means either driving 6 or more hours or doing mail order and since I am wanting instant gratification, I figured to heck with it and bought some nifty heart buttons that I thought would suit the theme. Thankfully I am terribly easily amused, so simple cheapo buttons means hours of happy fun for this witch.

Many pardons for my ubercrappiness when it comes to taking pics. I am definitely not a photographer.

Anyway, hope you all like. It knits up pretty quick once you figure out the pattern and are not an idiot like me who cant read english with any sort of proficiency. Oh, and the yarn, I just went with some cascade 220 because I had it on hand and i actually like the feel of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting is Knourishment Cheesy

http://www.irishwitch.blogspot.com/
dansk
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2005 01:41:54 PM »

These look great!

IrishWitch you are too hard on yourself, I love how yours turned out!

I want to make one now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woolgathered
Sp-diddly-inner

woolgathered.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2005 08:27:46 PM »

IrishWitch!! It turned out really great!!! I really love the color and the buttons you chose! Very lovely.

I wanted to point out to everyone that there are some errors in the large size -- IrishWitch pointed them out to me. I don't know when corrections will go up, because I've sat down with the pattern a few times and I just end up confusing myself. I've actually edited the pattern and taken off the large size. The finished width of the ribbing when it's buttoned is 12 inches, so if that sounds good to you, then you can probably feel comfortable in it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005 06:41:06 PM by woolgathered » THIS ROCKS   Logged

HelenaJane

I am Vodkasan Tobacci Tao!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2005 12:51:56 PM »

I keep finding myself thinking of this pattern! So today, I am taking a break from all of my other projects and I am going to knit this beautiful little baby up!
Wish me luck! I'll put up some pics when I have finished it!
Actually, I am going to do 2 of them.. 1st one with Halcyon worsted weight, the second one (after I get a feel for the pattern) I am going to attempt with Lopi (I have a ton that needs to move on outta here!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog! KNITTING FOR BOOZEHAGS....
www.knittingforboozehags.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Balloon
How to Fold an Origami Box
How to Fold an Origami Crane Part 1
How to Fold an Origami Crane Part 2
How to Fold Your own MacBook Air Origami
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...