A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
396 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Seeking Hanger Picture  (Read 640 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

itscribe
« on: March 30, 2008 12:43:15 PM »

I have no idea if this is the best place for my request, so my apologies to the moderators if I chose wrong.

I am hoping someone has one of those fancy satin and/or lacy padded hangers in their closet and would be willing to take a few photographs of it for me; color doesn't matter. I'm looking for a picture of just the hanger on a fairly plain background. The picture will be used on a website and will be cropped and shrunk to no more than 200px wide. It's going to be used as a topic picture for handmade apparel so I'm looking for a hanger that is large enough to hang a dress or blouse rather than one made for jewelry.

I've spent the last few hours looking all over the web and can't find an image that I can use (even on the paid stock photo sites) - the only halfway decent pictures I've seen are on sites selling the hangers.

I'm so keeping my fingers crossed that there's a Craftster out there somewhere that has one of these and would be so kind as to help me out.

Thanks,

Michele
aka itscribe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panda
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008 12:51:03 PM »

I have some and will post pictures for you later ....need to dig them out of closet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscribe
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008 01:29:11 PM »

Oh, hurray! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panda
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008 05:16:26 PM »

If this does not work for you PM me.  A padded hanger I found on HGTV, for those of you who are interested.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_home_accessories/article/0,,HGTV_3255_2733771,00.html

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008 05:21:04 PM by panda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscribe
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008 02:31:48 PM »

Thank you so much for taking the time to take not one but 3 pictures for me !!!

You are part of what makes this site so awesome.

If you would like to see how I used your picture...Clothing & Apparel

Thank you again for the great pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panda
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008 02:36:31 PM »

Your welcome glad I could help. 

FYI-pattern for hangers via Carol Duvall Show, I thought someone might like to make their own for that special outfit.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_home_accessories/article/0,,HGTV_3255_2733771,00.html
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008 02:41:33 PM by panda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kleinsch
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008 01:34:50 PM »

So glad there's interest in padded hangers...meaning, I am not the only nutty one! 

When I was about 12, I was obsessed with padded hangers.  I really wanted all my clothes on them.  My mother refused to pay for any, because we had perfectly good old wooden hangers and anyways, padded hangers take up too much space.  So, I somehow got my hands on one, and took it apart to figure out how it was made.  Then I drafted a pattern, bought some cheap remnant fabric from the scrap bin at the local fabric shop (Poppy Fabrics, in Oakland, CA, now sadly out of business, I hear), and my mother relented and gave me money to buy some foam padding. 

I think I spent that entire summer making padded hangers in the back yard, trying to sew and use Sun In on my hair at the same time.  Grin  Ah, good times, good times.

Only recently did I threw all those hangers out.  The fabric was so hideous--so 80s!  My god.  And I thought I was high style.  Tee hee.

My hanger obsession still lingers, though.  Just today I made some painted hangers with cute lil' rose waterslide decals.  Shabby Chic-esque.  Which I'm sure will look equally hideous to me in another 15 years!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The more children are valued, the better their values will be.
panda
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008 01:57:31 PM »

I would love to see one oh you painted hangers.

I remember whem my mother crocheted around the metal hangers so things would not get a bad crease.

Those where the days now you can buy just about anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wildflowers

Love creating with my hands and sharing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008 02:39:29 PM »

I have several beautiful padded hangers.

One is light pink velvet

One is soft pastel floral with lace, and trimmed in pink

If you are interested, let me know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panda
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008 04:44:51 PM »

ooooooo can i see...your hangers.  I came across one my mother crocheted around the other day. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beef Filet with Smashed Red Potatoes
Ahi Tuna Poke Wonton
Asian Style Seared Tilapia Recipe
Snake Soup in Hong Kong
Shanghai Hairy Crabs
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...