A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,370
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: For a good cause: a recycled bag with a positive uplifting message...  (Read 897 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babychel
McTavish: the tiniest kitty in all the land

Yep, that is a tissue box ...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: March 29, 2008 08:20:35 PM »

I am hoping that someone will be interested to give me a bit of a push here.  I have some ideas, but I'm not very fond of them at this point.  I did post this already in the Bag area, but this area is deserving as well.

I work for a funeral home (a wonderful one, by the way) and when our families leave us, they are given a large Burgundy shopping bag with our name and logo on it, which could be reusable, but it's not really something you would save.  It can be recycled.  The bag usually contains their register book, prayer cards, death certificates, etc. 

Here's what my boss says:

"We are going to design a new tote/bag to use for promotional materials, urns, etc  The bag will be sold at any of our promotional events, and given to our families after a funeral.  I want the bag to be sort of hip and trendy, unlike most funeral merchandise.  It may be made of green materials and be something that would be used over and over.  For each bag sold or given away we will make a monetary donation to Good Grief.  I want the bag to be uplifting with some sort of symbolism, for example a stylized dove to represent peace, or a funky tree to represent life.  The symbol will be on one side and our logo and, with permission, Good Griefs logo on the other.  I want to add a positive message along with the image to the tote bag.  The uplifting message might be something like endeavor to persevere, or carry on 

What I am going to do is mock up the different designs.  I am going to bring his idea to life on one of them.  I drew a dove that I think fits the bill and I am going to pair it with the tree of life (with roots)  One of the messages I am thinking of is 'Celebrate Life'.

PS Good Grief is an organization that we work with that helps children who have lost parents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
~Threadless

wisty goodness
mifa
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008 08:06:56 PM »

maybe do it along the lines of the reusable shopping bags that are popular with the whole foods/ trader joe's crowd?  they are basically fabric bags made in the size & shape of regular grocery bags. 

i like the idea of the dove/ tree of life combo, especially if it is a stylized print with just one ink color (screen printing can get expensive)  i would do a google image search for things such as "life symbol" or "heaven symbol" and see what images other people associate with your message and go towards an image from there...

this sounds like an interesting project, so good luck with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different. ~ Coco Chanel
Just Plain Goose
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008 09:46:53 PM »

Do you need help with ideas, or do you just need some encouragement to get started?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set Timer Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Sunset Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Spot Meter Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Sport Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Shutter Priority Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...