A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New baby! pg7!!!  (Read 9153 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Patti M

Formerly known as pjmclnj!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2008 08:55:35 PM »

He is absolutely adorable- I love the umbilical cord and his little weenie! As someone in this thread said earlier- we moms of boys are biased- I love him!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Favorites-http://www.etsy.com/people/pjmclnj/favorites?ref=si_fav
My wists: http://www.wists.com/pjmclnj
Esjay82
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2008 10:35:14 PM »

OMG!! That's the most adorable thing i've seen!!!?!!!?!?!?!  Shocked Grin

Seriously thats so great! U have inspired me! But there's no way i'd ever be able to do anything on that level! WOW! beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miep
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2008 01:28:56 AM »

WOW...if it was bigger you could have fool me.
it looks so realistic.
have fun on craftster, and post more fantastic projects please
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GardensOfUtopia
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2008 07:23:39 AM »

Wow. You should be like those artists who get there hands insured because you've got something special here! When I was looking at the front page, I thought it was a real baby!!!
    Well, keep on doing these cool clay works and welcome to Craftster!!!

Can people actually do that?? Thank you what a sweet comliment!
Fabulous! So very realistic, down to his wittle winkie ... you have some mad skills, girl!   Grin

Awww thanks!

I am wowed also!  Amazing job, I wish i could control my fingers that well!  Can't wait to see more!  I'm sure everyone would love to see some of the fairies!

Thank you Cheesy Well you never know what you can accomplish. All you need to do is pick up that clay and go Smiley

I hit this rocks!

Wow thank you so much!
He is absolutely adorable- I love the umbilical cord and his little weenie! As someone in this thread said earlier- we moms of boys are biased- I love him!!

Haha I took him to a resterant before he was painted. We have been going there since I was 11 almost every weekend. I love sharing my art with them. Every time I bring a nude piece they break out into shy little giggles. They thought he was so cute. I can't wait to show them his paint job!

OMG!! That's the most adorable thing i've seen!!!?!!!?!?!?!  Shocked Grin

Seriously thats so great! U have inspired me! But there's no way i'd ever be able to do anything on that level! WOW! beautiful!

I bet you will do fine! You won't know untill you try. I am so happy you feel inspired. Everyone is so wonderful here.

WOW...if it was bigger you could have fool me.
it looks so realistic.
have fun on craftster, and post more fantastic projects please

Thank you! I hope to try a big one, one of these days Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can't breath without art..
www.GardensOfUtopia.Com   One of a kind baby and fantasy sculptures.
Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2008 10:35:24 AM »

When I glanced at the thumbnail of this I thought that someone had knit a hat and posed it on their baby.

OMG I'm glad I clicked! He's adorable! Already clicked "This Rocks"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog    http://stephieface.wordpress.com
Ravelry    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Stephieface

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
GardensOfUtopia
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2008 10:40:09 AM »

When I glanced at the thumbnail of this I thought that someone had knit a hat and posed it on their baby.

OMG I'm glad I clicked! He's adorable! Already clicked "This Rocks"

Hah! Oh my thank you so much Cheesy I am new so I am not sure what "this rocks" does but I bet it's good! So thank you very much. I take it to compliment big time if the baby looks realistic to people at 1st. Yums Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jutybo
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2008 10:52:56 AM »

...speechless.  Utterly amazed.  It's great work and great detail, but on something to TINY?!?  Wow!!!  That just adds to its beauty.  I kept staring at the umbilical cord, though- looks so incredibly real, I have no idea how you did that; that's such an unusual thing to try and replicate (color, texture-wise). 
Amazing job.  More more more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2008 02:41:06 PM »

*this rocks* is a nomination for a featured project, they are usually pretty spectac Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
enchantedwhimsies
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2008 05:00:50 PM »

Well I am no pro I just run on what I hear and what works for me. Baby is a wonderful color! I adore it alot when making babies. It's a more rosier color then fairy light.. Fairy light is really light but not as light as porceling. Caucasian for me is way to dark I don't even want to use it for my reg adult dolls if any lol.. I use fairy light with mostly everything even baby sculpts. I paint my babies a nice rosie color and makes them look more real rather then clayish sometimes. I like a good painted sculpt rather then depending ont he color of clay all the time... Hard to explain though. I recomend baby and light. Translucent is great.. People do mix it with other clays like you said. Alot of people like to use it for teeth and eyes like me Smiley I use it for eyes though since I have yet to make teeth! I hope I helped some. I am a huge fan of prosculpt! I have no hate towards it. I would like to try puppen fimo one of these days though

I notice that there seem to be a few new colors of ProSculpt since I last investigated (probably quite awhile):
...Light (esp. good, I hear, for fairies and goth)
...Baby
...Translucent White

Can you tell me anything about the second two colors (so I can put the info at my website)? ...e.g.:
Are the first two (Light & Baby) more translucent than the regular Caucasian or Ethnic?
What is the color tint of the Baby one? (and how is it different form Caucasian?)
Is the Translucent White used mostly for mixing to get more translucence, or what?

TIA,

Diane B.

I use Baby for everything. I find caucasian turns too dark and fairy light has no translucency, so I like Baby best Smiley If you want to see what Baby looks like check out my gallery. Everything in the top 3 rows is Baby. The 1st 2 on last row (top section) are caucasian, you can see how much darker.
I have Puppen Fimo in Rose but I find it too hard to condition and not as easy to sculpt with as Prosculpt. Maybe on a larger scale I would like it better but not on these small faces!! Same with Cernit, love it but not at this scale. I used to sculpt in Roma Plastelina so sculpting in Prosculpt is the closest thing to that real clay feel for me. Blending, etc
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GardensOfUtopia
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2008 06:06:20 PM »

Thanks nanner! I guess I won't be trying puppen fimo. I was hopeing my store over here sold it. I really hate ordering on the net all the time and waiting. The rose color is so pretty though... Darn Sad I love the way prosculpt is. I guess once you get used to a clay it sucks to change? I probably wont change. I am so happy your here at craftster. Everyone is super nice!
...speechless.  Utterly amazed.  It's great work and great detail, but on something to TINY?!?  Wow!!!  That just adds to its beauty.  I kept staring at the umbilical cord, though- looks so incredibly real, I have no idea how you did that; that's such an unusual thing to try and replicate (color, texture-wise). 
Amazing job.  More more more!

Thank you! I must have looked at 76765765 baby pictures. I have had three kids and I still can't really remember the color. It always looked alittle different to me.
*this rocks* is a nomination for a featured project, they are usually pretty spectac Wink.

Thanks! Wow that makes me feel great
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008 06:08:52 PM by GardensOfUtopia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Butter Pie Dough
How to Make Chocolate Caramel Surprise Cookies
How to Make Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies
Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Easy Pie Dough Recipe With Lard
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...